There are 220 users in the forums

John Taylor

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
BTW, 816 and other film guys......any of you recall Jon Gruden mentioning during that MNF game against the Rams in 2013 (in St. Louis) a TD by either Crabtree or Stevie Johnson (I think) that was "the old Dino route we used to run with John Taylor"??

It was like a diagonal slant from the LOS towards the center of the defense with a quick sharp perpendicular 90 towards the corner route, then cut back 90 degrees the other way to a standard post pattern.

The fact that it was a pretty cool play and that it was designed with JT in mind was something notable to this Niner fan.

I believe it was a TD by Crabtree in that game. I remember Thl had a gif and play art drawn up. Here's some old school playart for the Dino:
1991 Niners playbook

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

20 Half-Back Curl X-up . . . Also Bill Walsh's final play call as 49ers head coach.

Didn't Bengals drop an easy int right before this? Lol

They did.

I think the previous 49er drive yes, but not on this final drive....lol.

Yep. It was right before the TD where JR tucked the ball around the front flag
Taylor got them hands too.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Apr 21, 2018 at 1:23 PM ]
  • thl408
BTW, 816 and other film guys......any of you recall Jon Gruden mentioning during that MNF game against the Rams in 2013 (in St. Louis) a TD by either Crabtree or Stevie Johnson (I think) that was "the old Dino route we used to run with John Taylor"??

It was like a diagonal slant from the LOS towards the center of the defense with a quick sharp perpendicular 90 towards the corner route, then cut back 90 degrees the other way to a standard post pattern.

The fact that it was a pretty cool play and that it was designed with JT in mind was something notable to this Niner fan.
from 2013 ATL film thread

Share 49ersWebzone