There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,360
Save him for the playoffs! get that extra 1 hopefully 2 week rest!
[ Edited by VDSF on Dec 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
As awesome as this sounds, I am not holding my breath. Read an article where an orthopedic surgeon said it would take minimum 12 weeks to recover.


is that after surgery? or just recovery time for someone not getting surgery for a triceps injury?
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
As awesome as this sounds, I am not holding my breath. Read an article where an orthopedic surgeon said it would take minimum 12 weeks to recover.


is that after surgery? or just recovery time for someone not getting surgery for a triceps injury?

It said "if at least 50% of his torn triceps is intact"
Reading Bucky Brooks latest analysis of the loss of Cowboy and what it has done to our defense depresses me to no end.

AZ just might beat us if things really are that bad. And Bucky is really good at breaking things down.
Harbs just said requires surgery, that mean he officially done then?
cowboy just came out and said he will be ready to roll and he is recovering fast. if Adrian Peterson can get over such a huge injury in an offseason than Justin smith can get over a partial tricep tear in 3-4 weeks

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/justin-smith-its-definitely-getting-better-ill-be-ready-to-roll.html
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
cowboy just came out and said he will be ready to roll and he is recovering fast. if Adrian Peterson can get over such a huge injury in an offseason than Justin smith can get over a partial tricep tear in 3-4 weeks

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/justin-smith-its-definitely-getting-better-ill-be-ready-to-roll.html

He'll tear that thing completely in five minutes of game time. And if he doesn't, he won't be as effective. That is one painful injury. And you can't play the game with just one arm, unless you're a kicker.
i HOPE that he plays. Why does this s**t always happens to us?
The problem with an injury like this is it's is usually a lose:lose situation.

If he half asses it, he may not cause more damage but won't be as effective.

You gotta remember that the bench press is chest and triceps and lineman mimic this movement a lot on both sides of the front line.

If he has a high pain tolerance and pushes it too hard, then he tears more tissue to the point of no return.

Maybe Justin Smith has a lot of his power from his lower body and can still move bodies that way. Maybe he can limit push/extension movrments of his injured arm. If he does and is effective, he will need his uniform retired ASAP.

It would be LEGENDARY.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The problem with an injury like this is it's is usually a lose:lose situation.

If he half asses it, he may not cause more damage but won't be as effective.

You gotta remember that the bench press is chest and triceps and lineman mimic this movement a lot on both sides of the front line.

If he has a high pain tolerance and pushes it too hard, then he tears more tissue to the point of no return.

Maybe Justin Smith has a lot of his power from his lower body and can still move bodies that way. Maybe he can limit push/extension movrments of his injured arm. If he does and is effective, he will need his uniform retired ASAP.

It would be LEGENDARY.

You are, of course, right on the money. I don't see how he can do it. Then again, stranger things have happened.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The problem with an injury like this is it's is usually a lose:lose situation.

If he half asses it, he may not cause more damage but won't be as effective.

You gotta remember that the bench press is chest and triceps and lineman mimic this movement a lot on both sides of the front line.

If he has a high pain tolerance and pushes it too hard, then he tears more tissue to the point of no return.

Maybe Justin Smith has a lot of his power from his lower body and can still move bodies that way. Maybe he can limit push/extension movrments of his injured arm. If he does and is effective, he will need his uniform retired ASAP.

It would be LEGENDARY.

You are, of course, right on the money. I don't see how he can do it. Then again, stranger things have happened.

If he pulls it off (effective play) over a span of games, all atheist niner fans should pick a god (s) to pray to just once. If we win a SB behind Cowboys effective play with the injury, the atheist need to go to a local river and get baptized.

This is something you get your popcorn ready and watch in awe if it works or doesn't.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Reading Bucky Brooks latest analysis of the loss of Cowboy and what it has done to our defense depresses me to no end.

AZ just might beat us if things really are that bad. And Bucky is really good at breaking things down.

Link?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Reading Bucky Brooks latest analysis of the loss of Cowboy and what it has done to our defense depresses me to no end.

AZ just might beat us if things really are that bad. And Bucky is really good at breaking things down.

Link?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118307/article/san-francisco-49ers-defense-falling-apart-without-justin-smith
Originally posted by billbird2111:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118307/article/san-francisco-49ers-defense-falling-apart-without-justin-smith


Love seeing the holding on that play in his analysis
So this is our defense:

Leonidas:Your father should have told you how our phalanx works. We fight as a single impenetrable unit. That is the source of our strength. A single weak spot and the phalanx shatters.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home