There are 280 users in the forums

Refs at Seattle game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
these alledged missed penalties in the seattle game dont bug me, it happens in a lot of games. the dumb penalties we take (personal fouls, procedural penalties) are what piss me off.

Ya, I don't get why Harbaugh hasn't gotten the players attention on this yet. We get at least one personal foul penalty every game. The first one was straight up retarded. Gave them the ball on our 35. Couple with the multiple holds on the Lynch run and the crowd was going crazy 1 minute into the game.
[ quote=SportsFan]
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
No homer here, but there were some horrible calls in that game. At the end of the day, they might not have swayed the game...but they were bad.

1) Breno Giacomini vs. Aldon Smith: almost every play, Giacomini had two fistfuls of Smiths jersey, outside the shoulders...the textbook definition of holding. It was bad. Really bad. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No. Was it flagrant as hell? Sure.

2) Richard Sherman almost every down: defensive holding, PI, what-f'ing-ever. Sherman gets away with murder...a lot. It's the way he plays, and officials tend to let guys play their game. The fact that he's yet to be suspended for snorting Adderall off of underage hookers is another matter altogether.

That's pretty much it. It didn't change the outcome of the game...but it was pretty bad.

The Niners lost the game because they came out flat and played horribly in every phase of the game...but the Seahawks' line was holding like they were gonna sling rock in the hood after the game, and Sherman is a guy that plays physical ball and gets the benefit of the doubt.

Dude, you should have come to the game with us. You would have had a blast trash talking Seacock fans like I did. s**t, even after the ass beating we took I still let them have it. Good times.
That sounds like fun bro...it's been too long. I'll be at the Arizona game. You going?
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
lol. Love the 49er fans going to the "Super Bowl Champion" argument/Historical Analysis after they got their asses handed to them.. then somehow blamed the refs for a 29 POINT LOSS. Ah you guys are like clockwork.

Oh and the Vikings and Bears lost to the Seahawks. They could have been in a better situation with a win.

I love how seahawks' fans go into troll mode after they go 1-1 vs a division opponent. It's what you expect from a fan base that has nothing significant to brag about.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
[ quote=SportsFan]
Dude, you should have come to the game with us. You would have had a blast trash talking Seacock fans like I did. s**t, even after the ass beating we took I still let them have it. Good times.

That sounds like fun bro...it's been too long. I'll be at the Arizona game. You going?

f**k ya I am going.
I'm sure every 49ers fan knows this but the 49ers once lost to the eagles at home 40-8 and still won the Super Bowl that year.
Even if we paid the refs off I still don't think we win this game. We played that bad. Doesn't mean we are a horrible team or anything. We just played like s**t last Sunday.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Even if we paid the refs off I still don't think we win this game. We played that bad. Doesn't mean we are a horrible team or anything. We just played like s**t last Sunday.

Hell no, we're not a bad team. IMO there's not a team, other than us, that could've gone 1-1 @NE and then @Seattle. The Packers, Falcons, Redskins, Broncos, Texans, and Ravens, would have lost both games.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Dec 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM ]
Out of all those penalties...one or two honest calls would have killed their momentum. And yes we do pay those refs! And niners may have looked horrible but add honest calls the game changes
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Dec 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM ]
Originally posted by keeferr75:
Out of all those penalties...one or two honest calls would have killed their momentum. And yes we do pay those refs! And niners may have looked horrible but add honest calls the game changes

This!

Lets just say a combination of (multiple) no call's by the ref's and screw ups by the 9ers was a recipe for disaster. Just too much to over come.

But - had the ref's called the game evenly (which is only fair) we may have had a different outcome.........
[ Edited by kemp_j on Dec 27, 2012 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by keeferr75:

This!

Lets just say a combination of (multiple) no call's by the ref's and screw ups by the 9ers was a recipe for disaster. Just too much to over come.

But - had the ref's called the game evenly (which is only fair) we may have had a different outcome.........

I think the outcome as far as win/loss would have been the same. But, it would have been a better game.

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
lol. Love the 49er fans going to the "Super Bowl Champion" argument/Historical Analysis after they got their asses handed to them.. then somehow blamed the refs for a 29 POINT LOSS. Ah you guys are like clockwork.

Oh and the Vikings and Bears lost to the Seahawks. They could have been in a better situation with a win.

I love how seahawks' fans go into troll mode after they go 1-1 vs a division opponent. It's what you expect from a fan base that has nothing significant to brag about.

1) I too, find that the "historical Super Bowl argument" only doesn't matter to teams that haven't won a title.

Odd.

2) Yea you guys beat us pretty bad but.......you do realize that you're still SECOND (i.e. first loser) place in the NFC West right? Come Sunday, we will clench the division, maybe even the second seed in the NFC, and all of this will be a distant memory.

Enjoy the trip to Green Bay, Washington or wherever and PRAY you don't have to come back to Candlestick.
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 27, 2012 at 6:39 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Whatever you want to say... When they highlighted how well Seattle was handling the 49ers defensive line there was not just ticky-tack holding going on but full on pulling of jerseys and even tackling our guys legs. Not saying that's why the 49ers lost but every highlight seemed to have something illegal going on that Seattle was getting away with, watch it again and you'll see what I mean. Carroll has always been a cheater, at USC and now Seattle but karma has a way of unraveling the cheats so I'm not too worried when they come back to Candlestick.

Yeah, Carroll is all cheat cuz he is smart but all cheat... And he wanted all dirty to hits hard because V.Davis was hurt and out... I knew it already..
and yes, I have a belly button too.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
these alledged missed penalties in the seattle game dont bug me, it happens in a lot of games. the dumb penalties we take (personal fouls, procedural penalties) are what piss me off.

Ya, I don't get why Harbaugh hasn't gotten the players attention on this yet. We get at least one personal foul penalty every game. The first one was straight up retarded. Gave them the ball on our 35. Couple with the multiple holds on the Lynch run and the crowd was going crazy 1 minute into the game.
was RJF held on that Lynch td run? It seems he had a shot at making contact with him but you could clearly see he was stuck..not sure if he got his feet tangled or something...
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

was RJF held on that Lynch td run? It seems he had a shot at making contact with him but you could clearly see he was stuck..not sure if he got his feet tangled or something...

I didn't notice that one so much but Aldon Smith and Donte Whitner both were wrapped up from behind as lynch ran past them. If you watch the highlight its clear as day.

If I knew how I would create gifs for all the homer Seahawk fans who don't want to leave the zone.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Dec 27, 2012 at 7:44 AM ]
Here is the thing...its been called this way all year so we should have been prepared for it, but the corners for the Seahawks get away with murder. I had no less than 3 Eagles/Steelers fans text me during and after the game and ask if it was fixed. Because what their corners do is illegal for every other team. The constant contact after 5 yards, the hip checking and hand fighting..its always been a flag, but for whatever reason they are allowed to do it and nobody else is. Even Collinsworth who hates us, wonders allowed a couple times a game how they get away with it. There were some other marginal things like how often we were sighted for unnessecary ruffness and they could pretty much hold up and crush Rio and the unprotected hit on Vernon that looked exactly like the one we laid on Hernandez and we got called and Goldson got fined etc.. as well.
Clearly our effort wasnt where it needed to be to win, and New England had a lot to do with that...so I wont say it cost us the game, but its clear that the Refs allow the Hawks to do somethings that nobody else gets too, you combine that with their games they play to create noise and its going to be tough to win there unless you are at your absoloute best.
Share 49ersWebzone