LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Refs at Seattle game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, the Niners did have a thirty year head start (since they were "born" in 1946 and the Seahawks in 1976)

~ It took the Niners 35 years to get to (and win) their first Super Bowl and .... they dominated for more than a decade.
~ It took the Hawks 30 years to get to (and lose) their first Super Bowl and .... they haven't done much since.

But, since the Seahawks are only in their 37th year ~ and have a really young team that seems to be coming together ~ I'm encouraged that they can take some "catch up" steps in the not too distant future
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Well, the Niners did have a thirty year head start (since they were "born" in 1946 and the Seahawks in 1976)

~ It took the Niners 35 years to get to (and win) their first Super Bowl and .... they dominated for more than a decade.
~ It took the Hawks 30 years to get to (and lose) their first Super Bowl and .... they haven't done much since.

But, since the Seahawks are only in their 37th year ~ and have a really young team that seems to be coming together ~ I'm encouraged that they can take some "catch up" steps in the not too distant future

Actually, the first super bowl wasn't even played until 1966. We won our first in 1981, which was 15 years later. Won 4 more after that.

You guys are still going on year 36 without one.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Actually, the first super bowl wasn't even played until 1966. We won our first in 1981, which was 15 years later. Won 4 more after that.

Good point.
I remain encouraged
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Seahawks are playing well. Someone here said it already that they get away with quite a bit, but they are just a physical team. We got whooped after a crazy game in fox borough. No sense in attempting to blame the refs
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by kap2crab:
It wasn't just this stuff. It was letting Wilson get away with a TD pass with an expired playclock when Kap was repeatedly flagged for the same infraction. It was that penalty they called against Culliver that turned a stalled drive into a TD drive, it was letting them get away with 10 holds on their first TD. There were constant gaffes that were directly responsible for gifting them touchdowns.

Agreed. I think San Fran really won 59-0, when you account the poor officiating, the weather, the tide, the moon phase and the fact it was played on a Sunday.

Packer fans have reason to complain about the refs. 49er fans do not. 42-13 says hi.

Congrats...after 4 tries, your team has one. I will be glad to say hi when the Niners officially lock in first place after Sunday.

Actually, the Giants, Vikings, Bears, and maybe the Redskins have a reason to complain.

The Patriots have been in the league just a little bit longer than your team, and they have 3 VLTs and 7 SB appearances. The Bucs joined the league the same year your team did, and they have a VLT. Until recently the Seahawks have been a "never was" team. The only things they're known for are the Fail Mary, the Fail Coin Toss at GB, a stadium purposely designed to amplify crowd noise, a 7-9 playoff birth, and losing the SB to Pittsburgh.

How many hall of famers from the Seahawks? How many VLTs? How many playoff wins? How many winning seasons? How many Div Championships? How many NFC Championships? How many NFL Films docs about the Seahawks?

You guys are over the moon and the stars for beating us this one time. This was your SB. Radio stations are going crazy in Seattle; almost seems like this was one of the greatest moments in Seahawks history. BUT... this was just another Sunday for us.Nothing particularly special about it.

BTW is this you? Conspiracy????

Originally posted by pahlerbj:

hello

here you go, you are the "week 16" champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. The 49ers have 5 championships.. I'm sure that played a major role in you become a fan right?
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Actually, the Giants, Vikings, Bears, and maybe the Redskins have a reason to complain.

The Patriots have been in the league just a little bit longer than your team, and they have 3 VLTs and 7 SB appearances. The Bucs joined the league the same year your team did, and they have a VLT. Until recently the Seahawks have been a "never was" team. The only things they're known for are the Fail Mary, the Fail Coin Toss at GB, a stadium purposely designed to amplify crowd noise, a 7-9 playoff birth, and losing the SB to Pittsburgh.

How many hall of famers from the Seahawks? How many VLTs? How many playoff wins? How many winning seasons? How many Div Championships? How many NFC Championships? How many NFL Films docs about the Seahawks?

You guys are over the moon and the stars for beating us this one time. This was your SB. Radio stations are going crazy in Seattle; almost seems like this was one of the greatest moments in Seahawks history. BUT... this was just another Sunday for us.Nothing particularly special about it.

BTW is this you? Conspiracy????

lol. Love the 49er fans going to the "Super Bowl Champion" argument/Historical Analysis after they got their asses handed to them.. then somehow blamed the refs for a 29 POINT LOSS. Ah you guys are like clockwork.

Oh and the Vikings and Bears lost to the Seahawks. They could have been in a better situation with a win.
lol. Love the 49er fans going to the "Super Bowl Champion" argument/Historical Analysis after they got their asses handed to them.. then somehow blamed the refs for a 29 POINT LOSS. Ah you guys are like clockwork.

Oh and the Vikings and Bears lost to the Seahawks. They could have been in a better situation with a win.

You can't read. In my original post I clearly stated the refs aren't the reason we lost. I was more asking if they were letting Seattle get away with some penalties. I was at the game and on the first TD clearly saw the hold on Whitner from way up in 309 JJ. Wanted to see what I missed.
[ Edited by SportsFan on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM ]
The refs were what you expect from a road game. That's why they play the regular season and we are trying to get the #2 seed so bad

Originally posted by SportsFan:
In my original post I clearly stated the refs are the reason we lost.

I know.
I know.

Ya ya.. .I typed too fast and didn't proof read. Never did that for essays in school either, probably the season I got D's in English.
No homer here, but there were some horrible calls in that game. At the end of the day, they might not have swayed the game...but they were bad.

1) Breno Giacomini vs. Aldon Smith: almost every play, Giacomini had two fistfuls of Smiths jersey, outside the shoulders...the textbook definition of holding. It was bad. Really bad. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No. Was it flagrant as hell? Sure.

2) Richard Sherman almost every down: defensive holding, PI, what-f'ing-ever. Sherman gets away with murder...a lot. It's the way he plays, and officials tend to let guys play their game. The fact that he's yet to be suspended for snorting Adderall off of underage hookers is another matter altogether.

That's pretty much it. It didn't change the outcome of the game...but it was pretty bad.

The Niners lost the game because they came out flat and played horribly in every phase of the game...but the Seahawks' line was holding like they were gonna sling rock in the hood after the game, and Sherman is a guy that plays physical ball and gets the benefit of the doubt.
these alledged missed penalties in the seattle game dont bug me, it happens in a lot of games. the dumb penalties we take (personal fouls, procedural penalties) are what piss me off.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
No homer here, but there were some horrible calls in that game. At the end of the day, they might not have swayed the game...but they were bad.

1) Breno Giacomini vs. Aldon Smith: almost every play, Giacomini had two fistfuls of Smiths jersey, outside the shoulders...the textbook definition of holding. It was bad. Really bad. Did it determine the outcome of the game? No. Was it flagrant as hell? Sure.

2) Richard Sherman almost every down: defensive holding, PI, what-f'ing-ever. Sherman gets away with murder...a lot. It's the way he plays, and officials tend to let guys play their game. The fact that he's yet to be suspended for snorting Adderall off of underage hookers is another matter altogether.

That's pretty much it. It didn't change the outcome of the game...but it was pretty bad.

The Niners lost the game because they came out flat and played horribly in every phase of the game...but the Seahawks' line was holding like they were gonna sling rock in the hood after the game, and Sherman is a guy that plays physical ball and gets the benefit of the doubt.

Dude, you should have come to the game with us. You would have had a blast trash talking Seacock fans like I did. s**t, even after the ass beating we took I still let them have it. Good times.
Share 49ersWebzone