There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Refs at Seattle game

My daughter usually watches games with me and says to me in the middle of the 2nd qtr. the other night "Dad, why do the Niners shirts always look like triangles?".

I thought "Triangles?" in puzzlement until the next hold I saw on a WR.

She was talking about their jersey's being held onto by the opposing team as our guys are trying to run their patterns.
Originally posted by 5280High:
But he doesn't Navycawk, so he can suck it. I was more pissed about the refs not being consistent from the earlier games, then Sherman's PI. It's like last week when DW fumbled, the game right before a Denver bronco fumbled in the same situation and it was correctly ruled incomplete pass. The human element has been taken to the extreme in terms of officiating this season and its tainting the game.

Dont call people names or it will cost you, like it just did.

Originally posted by 619Niner:
Originally posted by RussellWilson:

Yes. The refs are why you lost 42-13 ...
Go back to Seattle boards you suck just like Seattle does....

Hey RussellWilson. I know that you thinks that you better than us because you want to laugh???!! We should kick ur ass as seahawks!!!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM ]
Cracks me up. There is a PI or hold on every play of every game get use to it. The niners do it and get away with it too. Hell Aldon can thank Cowboy for holding on half of his sacks. They have replayed them and it is in plain sight. The "refs" are not out to get any one team they might give a team a little home town advantage but I have a hard time even going there, You guys should be b***hing about the craptastic game plan Harbaugh threw together and how well he the coaches and the players executed said craptastic plan.
Whatever you want to say... When they highlighted how well Seattle was handling the 49ers defensive line there was not just ticky-tack holding going on but full on pulling of jerseys and even tackling our guys legs. Not saying that's why the 49ers lost but every highlight seemed to have something illegal going on that Seattle was getting away with, watch it again and you'll see what I mean. Carroll has always been a cheater, at USC and now Seattle but karma has a way of unraveling the cheats so I'm not too worried when they come back to Candlestick.
what's up niner fans... been doing the Christmas thing last few days, but i wanted to come back to the forum win or lose and give my take on the game...

first off, was totally not expecting that type of game at all, couldnt' believe how flat SF came out.. i think the blocked FG took a little wind out of the sails.... RW is a slippery little bugger isn't he.. i didn't think J smith absence would be that impacting, but wow, a was looking at a totally different looking D.

i don't know what it is about this team at home, whether it's the fans, RW's developent is really taking shape, or Carroll and company finally have completely taken the govenor off, and RW has complete control of the offense now, but it's sure nice to see . Finally!!

couple things i've seen on the board since the game i wanted to touch on.

Refs: ya there was some missed calls (holding, PI ), i think we can all agree the real refs are not much better than the replacements when it comes to calling penalties.. but did that seal your fate.. IMO dont' think so.. i think we were just more hungry that night..
Kams hit: was legit, if you look at it, it was shoulder to chest, he did not lead with his head.. and i'm actually kind of puzzled how VD got the concussion.. didn't see helmet to helmet, nor did i see his head hit the ground when he landed.. whiplash? not trying to be funny, just really didn't see his head hit anything.
Manningham: this one was truly unfortunate.. man i was sorry to see that, such a talent.. i've seen that play quite a few times trying to justify the low hit, but man i just don't know.. did he try to injure him on purpose, i doubt it, Hill's not that kind of player, but man.. all i can say is with the new rules, the league is pretty much forcing players to hit low.. Not excusing the hit, but there is some truth to that.
Piped in Noise: Not true, and i think most of you know that.. we were actually investigated, ( Can't remember the year ) by the NFL and it was deemed not true.. we're just loud and proud, and our stadium design, directs all that noise onto the field.. no acoustic wizardtry, just loud ass fans..

to conclude: this was the second of many battles to come, however lopsided this one was does not take away the fact the niners are still one of the best teams in the league this year, and has a legit shot at winining it all.. the injury situation is unfortunate, but next man up and get it done right? obviously i'm rooting against you guys , but am completely jacked about the NFCW and so looking forward to when these teams meet up, and the Rams.. this division will definately be making some noise for the next few years at least..
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
seattle wanted it. the niners came out flat.

won't blame the refs.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Whatever you want to say... When they highlighted how well Seattle was handling the 49ers defensive line there was not just ticky-tack holding going on but full on pulling of jerseys and even tackling our guys legs. Not saying that's why the 49ers lost but every highlight seemed to have something illegal going on that Seattle was getting away with, watch it again and you'll see what I mean. Carroll has always been a cheater, at USC and now Seattle but karma has a way of unraveling the cheats so I'm not too worried when they come back to Candlestick.

Yeah, Carroll is all cheat cuz he is smart but all cheat... And he wanted all dirty to hits hard because V.Davis was hurt and out... I knew it already..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawker84:
what's up niner fans... been doing the Christmas thing last few days, but i wanted to come back to the forum win or lose and give my take on the game...

first off, was totally not expecting that type of game at all, couldnt' believe how flat SF came out.. i think the blocked FG took a little wind out of the sails.... RW is a slippery little bugger isn't he.. i didn't think J smith absence would be that impacting, but wow, a was looking at a totally different looking D.

i don't know what it is about this team at home, whether it's the fans, RW's developent is really taking shape, or Carroll and company finally have completely taken the govenor off, and RW has complete control of the offense now, but it's sure nice to see . Finally!!

Refs: ya there was some missed calls (holding, PI ), i think we can all agree the real refs are not much better than the replacements when it comes to calling penalties.. but did that seal your fate.. IMO dont' think so.. i think we were just more hungry that night..
Kams hit: was legit, if you look at it, it was shoulder to chest, he did not lead with his head.. and i'm actually kind of puzzled how VD got the concussion.. didn't see helmet to helmet, nor did i see his head hit the ground when he landed.. whiplash? not trying to be funny, just really didn't see his head hit anything.
Manningham: this one was truly unfortunate.. man i was sorry to see that, such a talent.. i've seen that play quite a few times trying to justify the low hit, but man i just don't know.. did he try to injure him on purpose, i doubt it, Hill's not that kind of player, but man.. all i can say is with the new rules, the league is pretty much forcing players to hit low.. Not excusing the hit, but there is some truth to that.
Piped in Noise: Not true, and i think most of you know that.. we were actually investigated, ( Can't remember the year ) by the NFL and it was deemed not true.. we're just loud and proud, and our stadium design, directs all that noise onto the field.. no acoustic wizardtry, just loud ass fans..

to conclude: this was the second of many battles to come, however lopsided this one was does not take away the fact the niners are still one of the best teams in the league this year, and has a legit shot at winining it all.. the injury situation is unfortunate, but next man up and get it done right? obviously i'm rooting against you guys , but am completely jacked about the NFCW and so looking forward to when these teams meet up, and the Rams.. this division will definately be making some noise for the next few years at least..
what bothers me is that our fans who always point out how much seattle fans whine about the refs, are doing the same thing. if the niners are a top five team they should be able to over come factors not in thier control, like how the refs are calling the game or how much noise the fans make. I guess it is easier to blame the refs for the loss then to look into the mirror and see that seattle is a better team, they scared our team, they made our defense stand around looking like a bunch of big dummies and they brought out the worst in our team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
seattle wanted it. the niners came out flat.

won't blame the refs.
of course this is right

Well said... all of it. And yes, the NFCW is a joke no more, except maybe Arizona. The teams in NFCW being so competitive with eachother will only help them keep getting better. They may play eachother too hard, though (injuries suck).

I don't think the refs are the reason the 49ers lost. However, called more fairly, the game would have been a little closer, and perhaps more fun to watch. Seahawks definitely deserved the win, though. Fired up.

Don't be surprised if Chancellor gets fined for that hit. It was legal, but Goldson's hit the previous week was very similar (cost $20,000).

And yes, we need Justin Smith back in a BAD way.

Also, Seattle has probably the best homefield advantage in the NFL. Major props for that. Could be time for the NFL to design some louder whistles.
[ Edited by OKC49erFan on Dec 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM ]
Not blaming the lose on the refs... We got beat. I've watched every Niner game this year though and feel like the last 2 games in primetime were just blah for the refs. In New England we won and I was screaming for Offensive line holding and against Seattle we lost and I felt the same way. Maybe the HD just makes it more clear but I don't feel like I've yelled at the tv more than in the past 2 games. It is what it is I guess...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Well said... all of it. And yes, the NFCW is a joke no more, except maybe Arizona. The teams in NFCW being so competitive with eachother will only help them keep getting better. They may play eachother too hard, though (injuries suck).

I don't think the refs are the reason the 49ers lost. However, called more fairly, the game would have been a little closer, and perhaps more fun to watch. Seahawks definitely deserved the win, though. Fired up.

Don't be surprised if Chancellor gets fined for that hit. It was legal, but Goldson's hit the previous week was very similar (cost $20,000).

And yes, we need Justin Smith back in a BAD way.

Also, Seattle has probably the best homefield advantage in the NFL. Major props for that. Could be time for the NFL to design some louder whistles.
i also believe that when the cards sign alex smith in the off season that will make them more than respectable
For some strange reason, the 'Hawks seem to get away with more than any team in the league. There was a reason Harbaugh complained about it...because it's true! Carroll just laughs it off, but at some point (playoffs?) it'll come back to haunt them.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
For some strange reason, the 'Hawks seem to get away with more than any team in the league. There was a reason Harbaugh complained about it...because it's true! Carroll just laughs it off, but at some point (playoffs?) it'll come back to haunt them.

And when it does Seacock fans will cry that the refs screwed them. Please not I didn't say the refs screwed us in this game. We lost, fair and square. No one call was going to change that ass kicking. But from my vantage point I could clearly see the hold on Whitner on the first TD and wanted the opinion of those who watched on TV for other incidents in the game.