LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

what exactly is justin smith's injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i have a theory that cowboy isnt out for the season...bc if he was we would have tried to sign an extra FA

I agree. If Smith was out for the long haul, Ray Edwards would have been a Niner last week.
my 2 cents....1) i think the injury is serious and 2) i dont think they've made a roster move because they are holding out hope that he can play in a couple of weeks, he's one of a few players they would do that for because he is that good.
I think even without the bye the Niners can win the first playoff game at home--if JS needs to stay out another week--but if we are fortunate to get to the second round of the playoffs we need him in Green Bay. Be best if we get the bye though.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
I agree. If Smith was out for the long haul, Ray Edwards would have been a Niner last week.
Ray Edwards has never played in a 3-4. I don't think it's that simple.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Ray Edwards has never played in a 3-4. I don't think it's that simple.

there is also a reason why falcons cut ray edwards--he was cutting it
I think he's done for the season. My speculation is that he has a bicep/tricep tear.

They've done a good job at keeping the story quiet.
I hope he doesnt need tommy john surgery...
IMO, unless you have insider information then there is nothing so far that should discourage us from thinking he will return

Resting him against Seattle was a no brainer unless he was 100% back
Again, he wouldn't be playing against Arizona unless he was 100%

My point being, as soon as Justin didn't return in the New England game I knew he wouldn't be back til the playoffs. Keep hope
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Is there any good video out there of when exactly it happened in New England.
Here is a video with all of Justin Smith's plays during the 3rd Quarter. Skip to 2:00 to see the play that made him leave the game. 2:25 shows his first and only play after he returned to the field in the 4th quarter.

.be
[ Edited by scipiobronze on Dec 27, 2012 at 6:42 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Source: Justin Smith has a partially torn triceps. #49ers ... http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/source-justin-smith-has-partially-torn-triceps.html ;…

he's done

Per Matt Barrows breaking news
He has a partially torn tricep .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Source: Justin Smith has a partially torn triceps. #49ers ... http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/source-justin-smith-has-partially-torn-triceps.html ;…

he's done
and our defense is done in my opinion. we can over come this vs the cards and maybe maybe in a first round game but other than that.. that takes care of any deep run in the playoffs super bowl blather talk
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

he's done
and our defense is done in my opinion. we can over come this vs the cards and maybe maybe in a first round game but other than that.. that takes care of any deep run in the playoffs super bowl blather talk

yah this sucks major balls but can't cry about it now.

NEXT MAN UP !!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

he's done

yah this sucks major balls but can't cry about it now.

NEXT MAN UP !!!
our next man up in that spot can not do a quarter of the things justin did. at least larry grant was more than respectable last year when he played for willis. that is not an insult to frenchy. it is the fact of life sad to say. i also do not think we have any money to sign a player like ray edwards... i am also curious why the team does not just announce, it, put him on the season ending injury list and fill his spot. are the coaches trying to play mind games? if so that pisses me off. some of the jh schtick is getting old

This guy was the driving force of our teams best unit. This is definitely not the luck you need to win Super Bowls.
Share 49ersWebzone