LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Salary Cap and contracts update

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some dont see the pinned thread at the top with tons of information, but here are some new info.

Gore DOES NOT have $750,000 incentives for 1600 yardage combine, it is actually based on being active for 13 games, 600k in 2012, and 750k in 2013-2014.

Brooks can void his de-escalators by doing 3 things, 1. 93% playing time on defense, 2. 49ers win 12 games, and 3. 49ers make NFC Championship game. If he does not meet them, his 2013 salary will drop by $2.5M, same goes for every year under contract, but also has 500k increase for 12 sacks the previous year.

McDonald added an extra year onto his contract, now signed through 2016. He had his 2015 salary bumped up from $2.3M to $4M, but 2016 is $1M base salary.

Obviously we know of Rogers and Vernon redoing their deals to get the Bowman extension done, so dont look for them to be cut this offseason. The trade of Vernon isn't likely. 1. Makes no sense as he will be a big part in the future, and 2. Cap Wise. If we want good compensation, then you need to do a pre june 1 trade, for a high pick, but that makes all his pro-rated money from bonuses go into that year traded, unlike post june 1 where it's over 2 seasons.

And currently $1.475M under the cap.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Dec 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM ]
My ninja Paarag puttin in work.
Not to gloat, but 2 links.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-against-2013-cap

http://www.ninercaphell.com/yearly/2013

The numbers, outside of a few players, are exactly or off by a dollar due to weird pro-rations.
Man, Vernon is WAY overpaid right now compared to his production on the field. I think Baalke should consider trading him for a some high draft picks.
BUY LOW, SELL HIGH. Vernon's value will never be higher than it is now. In fact, it seems as though it will gradually get lower.
Although, I think we need to be careful about where we send him I would hate to see him end up on a division or conference rival that has a good QB.
[ Edited by Carhanu21 on Dec 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Carhanu21:
Man, Vernon is WAY overpaid right now compared to his production on the field. I think Baalke should consider trading him for a some high draft picks.
BUY LOW, SELL HIGH. Vernon's value will never be higher than it is now. In fact, it seems as though it will gradually get lower.
Although, I think we need to be careful about where we send him I would hate to see him end up on a division or conference rival that has a good QB.

people who say this must not watch anything other than the pitch and catch. VD has a ton of attention on him every single snap and opens up the field for our other playmakers. watch when the league finally understands how good Crabs is and Kaep gets some time with Mario things will open back up for VD. Davis is a monster, he's having a bit of a down year in terms of catches but he is extremely valuable to this team. and why trade him? Who else do you think should be our TE?
Originally posted by matt49er:
people who say this must not watch anything other than the pitch and catch. VD has a ton of attention on him every single snap and opens up the field for our other playmakers. watch when the league finally understands how good Crabs is and Kaep gets some time with Mario things will open back up for VD. Davis is a monster, he's having a bit of a down year in terms of catches but he is extremely valuable to this team. and why trade him? Who else do you think should be our TE?

OK you make a good point. But Gronk is a great tight end who gets lots of extra coverage but he seems to make lots of plays regardless (when he's not injured). And its not like the Pats have great wide receivers either. Their #1 receiver is freakin Brandon Lloyd.

Maybe it has more to do with Greg Roman's scheme.
Originally posted by matt49er:

This. Also, lets wait until the playoffs. VD has shown that he can and will come up HUGE when it counts. Him and Kap will get on the same page eventually... Both QBs have also missed him for big plays. Dude is an important part of the team and locker room. He is a keeper.
If VD leave the opposition will double team someone else.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If VD leave the opposition will double team someone else.

miller
OK you make a good point. But Gronk is a great tight end who gets lots of extra coverage but he seems to make lots of plays regardless (when he's not injured). And its not like the Pats have great wide receivers either. Their #1 receiver is freakin Brandon Lloyd.

1. Brandon Lloyd is pretty good, 73 catches for 902 yards, 4 tds so far. He is not their #1 WR,
2. Did you forget about another receiver on that team named Wes Welker? 110 catches, 1,260 yards?
3. Did you forget about Hernandez? 46 catches for 439 yards, 5 tds.
4. I agree with you regarding Roman's scheme.
5. Vernon is not going anywhere.
6. Thank you AB for the salary cap update! (To keep this thread on topic).
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Dec 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]

Akers, Alex Smith, Ted Ginn, maybe Sopoaga (he's getting older) We should be able to free some room like that. Franchise Goldson, sign our rookie class. That should be enough to ge that done.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

1. Brandon Lloyd is pretty good, 73 catches for 902 yards, 4 tds so far. He is not their #1 WR,
2. Did you forget about another receiver on that team named Wes Welker? 110 catches, 1,260 yards?
3. Did you forget about Hernandez? 46 catches for 439 yards, 5 tds.
4. I agree with you regarding Roman's scheme.
5. Vernon is not going anywhere.
6. Thank you AB for the salary cap update! (To keep this thread on topic).

No thank you, I appreciate the love and support I get. I was doubted in the beginning, but I have proven myself. And I thank everyone in 49ers land, Niner Faithful. Lets go get this NFC West title.
i always enjoy your posts AB!
Share 49ersWebzone