There are 93 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,684
Randy Moss will be on a team, if not even the 49ers, next season. there are plenty of teams that can use his talents still.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,041
Go, Niners, go!
I feel good about the 2nd seed, the team really needs it. Time to reload and go.
Originally posted by Bumgarner12:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Jim's gonna troll us all and start Alex in the divisional round

His ego better not have f'd this up for us with the QB change. I still feel we dont have an identity. All these long passes over 20yds aren't going to last in the playoffs so I hope we find that solid run game again...what happens when teams take away Crabs??????

I'm very excite but at the same time can't help but feel we've regressed going into the playoffs...Prove me wrong Jim!!!!!

You comments arent worth reading. modded

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Jim's gonna troll us all and start Alex in the divisional round

His ego better not have f'd this up for us with the QB change. I still feel we dont have an identity. All these long passes over 20yds aren't going to last in the playoffs so I hope we find that solid run game again...what happens when teams take away Crabs??????

I'm very excite but at the same time can't help but feel we've regressed going into the playoffs...Prove me wrong Jim!!!!!

haha imagine him putting him in the first snap than putting back kap. That will f**k up the other teams defense

no wait i got a better one. What if Alex came to the huddle and called the play than he went to the sideline and kap lined up under center

That's even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's been holding Alex back this whole time!!!! That would be a total mindf***!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by Bumgarner12:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Jim's gonna troll us all and start Alex in the divisional round

His ego better not have f'd this up for us with the QB change. I still feel we dont have an identity. All these long passes over 20yds aren't going to last in the playoffs so I hope we find that solid run game again...what happens when teams take away Crabs??????

I'm very excite but at the same time can't help but feel we've regressed going into the playoffs...Prove me wrong Jim!!!!!

Kaepernick's specialty are the 20 yard passes, that's his bread and butter.

What exactly makes you think he can't continue to complete those passes?

Once again, typical irrational Kaepernick hatred from an Alice Smith fan.
Playoff's usually mean tougher defense, but this year we don't have a defense like last years Giants to face, so Kaptain Kapow should be fine.

We are winning the Superbowl. Guaranteed!!!

Im not an Alex Smith fan. I just think you dont lose your job due to injury, no matter who you are. Im sorry but thats just the wrong way to do things.

With that said, I know Kaep is the future and he has been playing well but this is the playoffs now and defenses are going to do their best to take away our best players Crabs and Gore. He cant hit anyone else but Delanie deep so why am i supposed to think these over 20 yd passes are going to continue at a high completion rate????? As i stated, whats going to happen when teams take away Crabs?????? You really think Moss is going to become the old Moss and magically Vernon gets his chemistry????? I just have my doubts is all. Thats why i believe we need that run game to get back to ground and pound. We have a great shot to go all the way but getting away from our true identity by becoming a finesse team during the season may be our downfall.
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Im not an Alex Smith fan. I just think you dont lose your job due to injury, no matter who you are. Im sorry but thats just the wrong way to do things.

With that said, I know Kaep is the future and he has been playing well but this is the playoffs now and defenses are going to do their best to take away our best players Crabs and Gore. He cant hit anyone else but Delanie deep so why am i supposed to think these over 20 yd passes are going to continue at a high completion rate????? As i stated, whats going to happen when teams take away Crabs?????? You really think Moss is going to become the old Moss and magically Vernon gets his chemistry????? I just have my doubts is all. Thats why i believe we need that run game to get back to ground and pound. We have a great shot to go all the way but getting away from our true identity by becoming a finesse team during the season may be our downfall.
They clearly tried to get the run game going against the Cardinals. They came out running the pro set and feeding the ball to Gore. But, people forget that the Cardinals' problem is not really defense. They've got a very good front. And, Gore really needs this time to rest his legs and he'll get it so he might look a lot quicker when they start their playoff run. I think they will be able to run on the Packers assuming they win and come to town. If the Packers lose and either the Seahawks or the Redskins come to town, running will be a tougher deal. The ability to run has a lot to do with the defense the team is facing. The other thing is that now Jenkins will get a solid two weeks knowing he's in the starting lineup as the third receiver. That should make a difference for him. You can tell he's fast. If he would have caught that short pass on Sunday, that was going to be a quick 25 yards. He could step up. LMJ is already stepping up. We could see some new wrinkles in the playoff games. I'd just like to see them make sure they can stop the run without a full-strength Justin Smith and make some field goals.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I have a feeling Randy Moss is going to have a magical playoff run. He knows this is probably his last real chance to get a ring and we will see the Randy Moss of old.


dear God, I hope so we need him bad with Manningham and Williams out
Randy Moss has definitely shown flashes of brilliance this season. He absolutely could catch fire in the playoffs. Wouldn't that be sweet.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Randy Moss has definitely shown flashes of brilliance this season. He absolutely could catch fire in the playoffs. Wouldn't that be sweet.

yep. All he needs is the ball thrown his way. He hasn't done anything wrong all year really except drop that 1 td pass.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Randy Moss has definitely shown flashes of brilliance this season. He absolutely could catch fire in the playoffs. Wouldn't that be sweet.

I hope so!!!! If we have to rely solely on Crabs, not good!!!! Delanie please stop dropping half the balls thrown to you!!!!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]

I don't what it is, or why, but I've had a funny feeling about this season which I've never 'had' before, going back to week one, I think we're going all the way this time.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I don't what it is, or why, but I've had a funny feeling about this season which I've never 'had' before, going back to week one, I think we're going all the way this time.

funny "ha ha" or funny peculiar.
seriously, what is so wrong with thinking a great player like moss can light it up in the playoffs? hes been open all year long anyway
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,041
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seriously, what is so wrong with thinking a great player like moss can light it up in the playoffs? hes been open all year long anyway

nothing. No one in this thread has said otherwise.
Share 49erswebzone