There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
you guys think harbs is gameplaning for GB already? he did last year when he thought it was going to be the saints lol

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Practice report: #49ers playing odds, warming up for Packers ... http://sacb.ee/ZlSTU4
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
you guys think harbs is gameplaning for GB already? he did last year when he thought it was going to be the saints lol

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Practice report: #49ers playing odds, warming up for Packers ... http://sacb.ee/ZlSTU4
Preparing
65% Packers - Most Likely we will play
25% Wash - Quick looks because we haven't played them yet
10% Sea - Played them twice..focus on what gives them problems
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
No Niner football this weekend

Im happier than all get out. Sure I love seeing us play. But wouldnt want another week with a banged up J. Smith. 2 weeks to heal, hear he is back to practice. Get a good rest and game plan in for next week. I'll watch all 4 games this weekend and watch teams continue to get bruised up before they come see us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need the bye bad. I can live with a weekend without football if it means the team will be healthy.
i say the niners and patriots hold an exhibition on monday night!
I support Kaep 100%, but anyone else here think Alex wouldve been a better matchup against Green Bay ?

As weak as GB's defense is, their one strength is to lure the opposition into turnovers. Which their offense is excellent at converting into points. Alex's cpnservaball approach is/was great at dissecting teams into submission, and this is exactly what he did in the season opener. Controlling the clock, keeping Rodgers on the sidelines, not allowing GB to take advantage off turnovers. All this helped the Niners squeeze the life out of them.

Kaep is more suited for a shoot-out (ala Pats game). Which doesnt necessarily mean that we cant beat GB. However, a clock-controlled game where we squeeze the life out of an offense and essentially force them to throw to defeat would have suited us better than quick scoring drives which include deep passes.

I fully expect our team to win regardless, but just a thought popping into my head comparing Week 1 Niners vs. Week 19 Niners.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need the bye bad. I can live with a weekend without football if it means the team will be healthy.

Yeah, two teams entering post-season who needed it the most in increasing their conference championship chances, the 49ers and Packers. Not just because home-field, but because of the injuries/bruises on both. -Packers were hoping to get that bye so they could bring 40% of their injured roster back up to speed by Jan. 12th (they're missing probably more key guys due to injury than any team in the post-season).

Also doesn't bode well for GB since they have to play a 'physical' division rival out in injury-friendly weather (the Vikings to the Packers have been like the Seahawks to US this season). Green Bay will be lucky if they even have anything left in the tank by the time they have to travel all the way out here.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Hearing lots of bull that we can't get past the Seagirls.

fossil wilson is due for a terrible game
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

hey mayo, no sensation for u this weekend
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
They won't even make it past the first round, or better yet, within distance of facing us.

I actually think they'll beat a one legged RG3.

I also don't think the Skins can stop Marshawn.
Originally posted by SFrush:
They won't even make it past the first round, or better yet, within distance of facing us.

Redskins running defense is #5 in the league. Seattle is #10. Washington's problem is its pass defense. It's #30. Seattle is a better all around defense. On offense, the Redskins are #1 in the league in rushing. Their total offense is #5 in the league. So, the Seahawks defense will be playing a better offense than they are used to playing and they won't have the benefit of their stadium.

I thought Wash has a top run d?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I thought Wash has a top run d?

They do. #5 in the league.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Redskins running defense is #5 in the league. Seattle is #10. Washington's problem is its pass defense. It's #30. Seattle is a better all around defense. On offense, the Redskins are #1 in the league in rushing. Their total offense is #5 in the league. So, the Seahawks defense will be playing a better offense than they are used to playing and they won't have the benefit of their stadium.

Fletcher vs Lynch is gonna be the battle to watch over the weekend, two big guys that love to hit.