There are 413 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am tired of hearing how everyone our team is tired. s**t, everyone in the whole nfl is tired. but you do not hear other teams and coaches moaning about it like ours are. they have had plenty of rest this week so there is no reason to use this "tired" excuse. if the players are tired on defense then damn the genius coaches for having a poor strategy of depth and rotation

Agreed.

I don't want to hear excuses. Take some f**king NoDoz if you're tired.
agree,, the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies.

There is something to being tired. These guys play hard and fast and the two overtime games and the 92 plays against NE certainly took its toll.

It's not a matter of babying anyone either. It's a matter of being mentally and physically sharp.

Ya i know.

It's just that excuses don't become this team. We got the bye, so I don't want to hear about this tired crap come next Saturday.

This bye week is exactly what this team needed.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody else wanna see Seattle next week.......(Just so that all the Seahawk fans that been coming on here talking sh** to eat some major crow)

Nope, I'm good! Let em go knock around or knock out dem Falcons! I get the revenge factor, but it's like if the Giants were in the playoffs to me, I do not want to see them at all.

Losing the NFC Champ game to the Hawks wouldn't sit as well as if we had to go to Atlanta and lost there.

If we're fortunate to have 4 home playoff games these last two years, we better win em both this time! No excuses!

Nothing would sit well with me, I was just saying, I would absolutely hate the Hawks comin to the Stick and beating us in that game. We'd be favored vs the Hawks and not at Atlanta, so the expectations wouldn't be as big on the road. I'd be mad if we lost either, way!!!! If we get to that game, we HAVE to win it because going to the NFC Champ game 3 years in a row is damn near impossible these days!!!!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM ]
I don't mind admitting that I don't want the Niners to see the Seahawks again this year. The Seahawks have the toughest defense the Niners could possibly face in the playoffs and they know how to play the Niners better than any of the other teams. No, I still want the Packers to come to SF because I think the NIners can score on them and I think the Niners defense knows how to play Rogers. Then, I'd like to go to Atlanta because I think the Falcons are over-rated and because the Niners owe them for that championship game so many years ago when Garrison Hearst was injured on about the first play and the Niners had to go the rest of the game without a real running attack. Then, what would be very sweet to me would be to see Kaepernick out-play Peyton Manning in the Superbowl for a sixth championship. Plus and extra added benefit in that scenario would be that Hawks fans would be bitter and entire off-season to whine about how they could have beaten the champions.
Originally posted by maltz88:
You should try like we do in Seattle and yell......very loud......a lot.

People pointing to the stadium design, and the "piped in noise" just makes things get louder there.

It's always been the same in Seattle, but Seahawk fans have taken it to another level since 05'.

Look back at the Kingdome, Husky Stadium, or Key Arena, regardless of sport, or venue, Seattle teams have always had a huge home field/court advantage.

and the pumped in noise and stadium design doesn't hurt either wonder how we keep getting away with that year after year.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by maltz88:
You should try like we do in Seattle and yell......very loud......a lot.

People pointing to the stadium design, and the "piped in noise" just makes things get louder there.

It's always been the same in Seattle, but Seahawk fans have taken it to another level since 05'.

Look back at the Kingdome, Husky Stadium, or Key Arena, regardless of sport, or venue, Seattle teams have always had a huge home field/court advantage.

and the pumped in noise and stadium design doesn't hurt either wonder how we keep getting away with that year after year.

That's funny. You think that you just somehow know how to yell more than other NFL fans? Is there something in Seattle's water that makes vocal chords that much more powerful? Obviously the design of stadiums helps create more noise, and Century Link is designed brilliantly for that purpose.
stadium design for sure helps, but the pumped in noise theory is what cracks me up every time. and ya i think the seattle crowd yells more than most other crowds. must be the latte's
stadium design for sure helps, but the pumped in noise theory is what cracks me up every time. and ya i think the seattle crowd yells more than most other crowds. must be the latte's

people get arrested in candlestick for making too much noise. bunch of jotos.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't mind admitting that I don't want the Niners to see the Seahawks again this year. The Seahawks have the toughest defense the Niners could possibly face in the playoffs and they know how to play the Niners better than any of the other teams. No, I still want the Packers to come to SF because I think the NIners can score on them and I think the Niners defense knows how to play Rogers. Then, I'd like to go to Atlanta because I think the Falcons are over-rated and because the Niners owe them for that championship game so many years ago when Garrison Hearst was injured on about the first play and the Niners had to go the rest of the game without a real running attack. Then, what would be very sweet to me would be to see Kaepernick out-play Peyton Manning in the Superbowl for a sixth championship. Plus and extra added benefit in that scenario would be that Hawks fans would be bitter and entire off-season to whine about how they could have beaten the champions.

Problem is who is in the playoffs that can defeat them for us? The Redskins are our only hope because they will no doubt destroy Atlanta if it came to that. I was hoping the Redskins won went to Atlanta and we got Green Bay at home. Then we go on the road to Atlanta for the NFC championship game. Although I am really not as worried about the Seahawks in our house to be honest. I am actually more worried about playing the Vikings in the championship game than the Seahawks.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Problem is who is in the playoffs that can defeat them for us? The Redskins are our only hope because they will no doubt destroy Atlanta if it came to that. I was hoping the Redskins won went to Atlanta and we got Green Bay at home. Then we go on the road to Atlanta for the NFC championship game. Although I am really not as worried about the Seahawks in our house to be honest. I am actually more worried about playing the Vikings in the championship game than the Seahawks.

Wow, I would LOVE to get the Vikings again in SF for the championship but I don't see that happening. There is no way Ponder is out of his head again against the Niners and no way the defense sleepwalks through another game with them. The Seahawks are real good, but I'm not sure they can win two games on the road back east against the Redskins and then the Falcons. It's possible, but I just don't see it happening. But, first things first. The Packers are no walk in the park.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

I agree Seahawks in our house isn't that much to worry about. Every time Gore plays them at home he runs them over.
Packers are the scariest team to play...all because of Rodgers.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I agree Seahawks in our house isn't that much to worry about. Every time Gore plays them at home he runs them over.

True that the Hawks have been known to give up yards in big chunks to upper echelon backs (Gore, Peterson, Forte, Spiller, etc.)
Thankfully, so far, they are very stingy with giving up points.

't will be interesting to see how / if they can contain Morris in FedEX...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

people get arrested in candlestick for making too much noise. bunch of jotos.

We have a phone number at candlestick you can text if people are getting to rowdy.

lol
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

True that the Hawks have been known to give up yards in big chunks to upper echelon backs (Gore, Peterson, Forte, Spiller, etc.)
Thankfully, so far, they are very stingy with giving up points.

't will be interesting to see how / if they can contain Morris in FedEX...

Are you worried about Wilson's first playoff game?