There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by cciowa:
I am tired of hearing how everyone our team is tired. s**t, everyone in the whole nfl is tired. but you do not hear other teams and coaches moaning about it like ours are. they have had plenty of rest this week so there is no reason to use this "tired" excuse. if the players are tired on defense then damn the genius coaches for having a poor strategy of depth and rotation

Agreed.

I don't want to hear excuses. Take some f**king NoDoz if you're tired.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am tired of hearing how everyone our team is tired. s**t, everyone in the whole nfl is tired. but you do not hear other teams and coaches moaning about it like ours are. they have had plenty of rest this week so there is no reason to use this "tired" excuse. if the players are tired on defense then damn the genius coaches for having a poor strategy of depth and rotation

Agreed.

I don't want to hear excuses. Take some f**king NoDoz if you're tired.
agree,, the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am tired of hearing how everyone our team is tired. s**t, everyone in the whole nfl is tired. but you do not hear other teams and coaches moaning about it like ours are. they have had plenty of rest this week so there is no reason to use this "tired" excuse. if the players are tired on defense then damn the genius coaches for having a poor strategy of depth and rotation

Agreed.

I don't want to hear excuses. Take some f**king NoDoz if you're tired.
agree,, the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies.

There is something to being tired. These guys play hard and fast and the two overtime games and the 92 plays against NE certainly took its toll.

It's not a matter of babying anyone either. It's a matter of being mentally and physically sharp.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am tired of hearing how everyone our team is tired. s**t, everyone in the whole nfl is tired. but you do not hear other teams and coaches moaning about it like ours are. they have had plenty of rest this week so there is no reason to use this "tired" excuse. if the players are tired on defense then damn the genius coaches for having a poor strategy of depth and rotation

Agreed.

I don't want to hear excuses. Take some f**king NoDoz if you're tired.
agree,, the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies.

There is something to being tired. These guys play hard and fast and the two overtime games and the 92 plays against NE certainly took its toll.

It's not a matter of babying anyone either. It's a matter of being mentally and physically sharp.

Ya i know.

It's just that excuses don't become this team. We got the bye, so I don't want to hear about this tired crap come next Saturday.
every team is tired... so being tired isn't a valid excuse.

Our team is not peaking right now, that is the real concern. We are not peaking because of injuries. Our offense was feeling it for a little bit, but with the injuries too williams, manningham and hunter our offense is out of sync.

I think James is someone who can have a serious impact in the playoffs. I want him returning punts, and kicks. Ginn is really sketchy back there.
Ginn makes bad decisions (i.e the blunder that got us stuck at the one yard line) he fields the ball awkwardly sometimes. He fair catches sometimes and I am just like wtf are you doing. He just seems lost. Ginn lost a step or his confidence, either way he's a liability.

Strictly from the eyeball test Ginn has fumble written all over him... the punt vs the Pats was way to close for comfort as well

Back to the point, our team is out of sync, not to a point of true concern, but i'd rather be PEAKING than staying STAGNANT.

wwl needs to stop in the NFCCG


Key players to our playoff success:

1) Kaep
2) James
3) Aldon
4) Akers
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM ]
Moss is averaging 8.7 yards a catch. Throw him the ball more!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,354
I hope we get the Packers!!!!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Moss is averaging 8.7 yards a catch. Throw him the ball more!

I'm pretty sure half of the balls thrown to Moss are absolute dogs**t. Kaepernick tries really hard to force the ball to Moss, even when it's not there. Stats seem to bear this out, where Kaepernick's QB rating/QBR is very high to all targets except Moss, for whom it's terrible.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,354
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
every team is tired... so being tired isn't a valid excuse.

Our team is not peaking right now, that is the real concern. We are not peaking because of injuries. Our offense was feeling it for a little bit, but with the injuries too williams, manningham and hunter our offense is out of sync.

I think James is someone who can have a serious impact in the playoffs. I want him returning punts, and kicks. Ginn is really sketchy back there.
Ginn makes bad decisions (i.e the blunder that got us stuck at the one yard line) he fields the ball awkwardly sometimes. He fair catches sometimes and I am just like wtf are you doing. He just seems lost. Ginn lost a step or his confidence, either way he's a liability.

Strictly from the eyeball test Ginn has fumble written all over him... the punt vs the Pats was way to close for comfort as well

Back to the point, our team is out of sync, not to a point of true concern, but i'd rather be PEAKING than staying STAGNANT.

wwl needs to stop in the NFCCG


Key players to our playoff success:

1) Kaep
2) James
3) Aldon
4) Akers
For me
1 Kap( Obvious a young inexperienced QB needs to just no make mistakes)
2 Aldon( we all see now how much of a force Justin is and how average our D is without him)
3 Gore( Must feed him and do it early and often this is it no more excuses his legs are fresh use him)
4VD ( I hope he blows up like he did last year after disappearing in regular season as well)
4 Moss( Crabs needs help)
5 The Kicker
I remember towards the end of last August an NFL.com article written by (I think) Albert Breer speaking of how 'history was against us' in terms of getting back-to-back winning seasons with a 'playoff bye', and that we'd get no more than 9 wins (and that Seattle would win the division).

-Now everybody is bringing out more 'history is against us' crap that no team since the 1997 Packers have won a Championship game after losing one previous, and that beyond the 2009 Saints, no team with a playoff bye has won a Superbowl beyond starting in the Wildcard round.

This season has broken more trends than any other so far, first win in Lambeau since 1991, first win at New England in December since 2002, first back-to-back division title wins since 1995, it goes on.

Games still have to be played, too.
wwl history is against us as well :-p
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
wwl history is against us as well :-p

Yeah that's another trend, no team which hadn't won their third 'straight' game during the regular season has yet to win a Superbowl. -But didn't the Giants break a trend last season, like no team which had lost four straight games had ever won a Superbowl before them?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
only team that really scares me, given the home/away scenario, is the packers. When Rogers is on fire, he's unstoppable and it seems he's been on fire as of late.
I'm more worried about the Seahawks than I am the Packers. The Niners can run and pass on the Packers and the Niners defense has already shown that it can neutralize Rodgers at least to some extent.

Agreed. The Seahawks worry me the most. Our defense has been a bit inconsistent but I think we hang with the big passing teams. I just don't like how our offense matches up against the Seahawks' defense.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
only team that really scares me, given the home/away scenario, is the packers. When Rogers is on fire, he's unstoppable and it seems he's been on fire as of late.
I'm more worried about the Seahawks than I am the Packers. The Niners can run and pass on the Packers and the Niners defense has already shown that it can neutralize Rodgers at least to some extent.

Agreed. The Seahawks worry me the most. Our defense has been a bit inconsistent but I think we hang with the big passing teams. I just don't like how our offense matches up against the Seahawks' defense.

I think the NIners and the Hawks are the best defensive teams in the playoffs and without Justin Smith, the Hawks may be a little better against the run.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,824
Go, Niners, go!