There are 220 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD - PLAYOFFS- 2013 DIVISIONAL ROUND

Originally posted by Beezy33:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by Bumgarner12:
Jim's gonna troll us all and start Alex in the divisional round

His ego better not have f'd this up for us with the QB change. I still feel we dont have an identity. All these long passes over 20yds aren't going to last in the playoffs so I hope we find that solid run game again...what happens when teams take away Crabs??????

I'm very excite but at the same time can't help but feel we've regressed going into the playoffs...Prove me wrong Jim!!!!!

Kaepernick's specialty are the 20 yard passes, that's his bread and butter.

What exactly makes you think he can't continue to complete those passes?

Once again, typical irrational Kaepernick hatred from an Alice Smith fan.
Playoff's usually mean tougher defense, but this year we don't have a defense like last years Giants to face, so Kaptain Kapow should be fine.

We are winning the Superbowl. Guaranteed!!!

Im not an Alex Smith fan. I just think you dont lose your job due to injury, no matter who you are. Im sorry but thats just the wrong way to do things.

With that said, I know Kaep is the future and he has been playing well but this is the playoffs now and defenses are going to do their best to take away our best players Crabs and Gore. He cant hit anyone else but Delanie deep so why am i supposed to think these over 20 yd passes are going to continue at a high completion rate????? As i stated, whats going to happen when teams take away Crabs?????? You really think Moss is going to become the old Moss and magically Vernon gets his chemistry????? I just have my doubts is all. Thats why i believe we need that run game to get back to ground and pound. We have a great shot to go all the way but getting away from our true identity by becoming a finesse team during the season may be our downfall.

Bro. Your post needs more question marks. I can't tell when you're asking a question
[ Edited by guillotine31 on Jan 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM ]
Anybody else wanna see Seattle next week.......(Just so that all the Seahawk fans that been coming on here talking sh** to eat some major crow)
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Anybody else wanna see Seattle next week.......(Just so that all the Seahawk fans that been coming on here talking sh** to eat some major crow)

Nope, I dont want to see them until next year
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by guillotine31:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by Bumgarner12:
Jim's gonna troll us all and start Alex in the divisional round

His ego better not have f'd this up for us with the QB change. I still feel we dont have an identity. All these long passes over 20yds aren't going to last in the playoffs so I hope we find that solid run game again...what happens when teams take away Crabs??????

I'm very excite but at the same time can't help but feel we've regressed going into the playoffs...Prove me wrong Jim!!!!!

Kaepernick's specialty are the 20 yard passes, that's his bread and butter.

What exactly makes you think he can't continue to complete those passes?

Once again, typical irrational Kaepernick hatred from an Alice Smith fan.
Playoff's usually mean tougher defense, but this year we don't have a defense like last years Giants to face, so Kaptain Kapow should be fine.

We are winning the Superbowl. Guaranteed!!!

Im not an Alex Smith fan. I just think you dont lose your job due to injury, no matter who you are. Im sorry but thats just the wrong way to do things.

With that said, I know Kaep is the future and he has been playing well but this is the playoffs now and defenses are going to do their best to take away our best players Crabs and Gore. He cant hit anyone else but Delanie deep so why am i supposed to think these over 20 yd passes are going to continue at a high completion rate????? As i stated, whats going to happen when teams take away Crabs?????? You really think Moss is going to become the old Moss and magically Vernon gets his chemistry????? I just have my doubts is all. Thats why i believe we need that run game to get back to ground and pound. We have a great shot to go all the way but getting away from our true identity by becoming a finesse team during the season may be our downfall.

Bro. Your post needs more question marks. I can't tell when you're asking a question

HAAAAAA sorry for those! It's frustration is all. I tend to poke at our team's flaws and take the other 31 teams' POV where we can be beat, therefore, much happier when we come through with the big wins.

Very confident we get it done this time around if we get that run game goin'
I much prefer Packers, and it's probably what we're gonna get. -We stack up great against them in our house. -Teams which play like us (Vikings, Skins, Hawks) are dangerous to us, and always tend to out-muscle us. -A Packers-Falcons scenario bodes well for us.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM ]

Nope, I'm good! Let em go knock around or knock out dem Falcons! I get the revenge factor, but it's like if the Giants were in the playoffs to me, I do not want to see them at all.

Losing the NFC Champ game to the Hawks wouldn't sit as well as if we had to go to Atlanta and lost there.

If we're fortunate to have 4 home playoff games these last two years, we better win em both this time! No excuses!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I much prefer Packers, and it's probably what we're gonna get. -We stack up great against them in our house. -Teams which play like us (Vikings, Skins, Hawks) are dangerous to us, and always tend to out-muscle us. -A Packers-Falcons scenario bodes well for us.

Let's just hope the game doesnt end up like last year's nail biter with the Saints. My blood pressure can only go so high.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Let's just hope the game doesnt end up like last year's nail biter with the Saints. My blood pressure can only go so high.

Two seconds left on the clock, behind by two, comes down to a David Akers FG.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Two seconds left on the clock, behind by two, comes down to a David Akers FG.

you definitely go 4 wide and hope for the best lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Not with that midget Wilson always squirting out of the pocket and making plays.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Nope, I'm good! Let em go knock around or knock out dem Falcons! I get the revenge factor, but it's like if the Giants were in the playoffs to me, I do not want to see them at all.

Losing the NFC Champ game to the Hawks wouldn't sit as well as if we had to go to Atlanta and lost there.

If we're fortunate to have 4 home playoff games these last two years, we better win em both this time! No excuses!

The Hawks' D can pose some problems for us.
Besides that, I don't want us to face them because our players always got hurt when playing Seattle (coincidence? hmmmmm):

Last year: KW (concussion), DW (broken jaw)
This year: VD (concussion), MM (torn ACL/PCL)

If we play Seattle and win, we may still sustain injuries that will hurt our chances to go further in the playoffs.
I'm rooting hard for the Skins this week...

Originally posted by mayo49:

Not with that midget Wilson always squirting out of the pocket and making plays.

Hes gonna squirt right into Cowboy or Aldon Smith sooner or later
I've been thinking about who i'd rather the team face: GB, SEA or WASH.

GB - they are the most one dimensional team in our bracket but Rodgers pretty much makes up for that so the difference here is GB's line. Rodgers has been sacked more than Wilson and RG3. We could send 4 without blitzing and focus more on coverage (only possible with J. Smith back to form). Crosby has been a mess just like Akers so that evens the kicking game whereas we are at a disadvantage there compared to SEA and WASH. Also, Nelson might not be 100% and i think Cobb is a little banged up.