LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Delanie Walkers Fumble in the Pats Game Really a Fumble?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000114003/Official-Review-Delanie-Walker-s-fumble?continuous=true

Even the director of officiating thinks that the refs got the call wrong. What do you guys think?
Incomplete pass
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Incomplete pass

That wraps this up
How is this dude the director of officiating when he's younger than most officials..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
technically it should've been an incomplete pass, but morally, it's a fumble. He had full control of the ball, both feet down and lost control upon getting hit BEFORE "making a football move." Still a fumble tho.
How is this dude the director of officiating when he's younger than most officials..

lol thats what I was thinking. Had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure that I heard right
  • THEB
  • Veteran

Hes smarter than said officials.

Age doesnt equal rate of success. Hence the 50 year old lady taking my order at McDonalds today.
im glad i saw that video, I didn't realize that "an element of time" was part of the catch. I assumed it was two feet (one knee,elbow, etc) and maintain possession for a football move.

The refs aren't perfect!

*not only his he probably smarter, he is very well spoken
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM ]
Originally posted by pitseleh:

lol thats what I was thinking. Had to rewind it a couple of times to make sure that I heard right

i believe carl anderson (think thats his name) just resigned his post to take some other job helping train refs or something like that and this younger guy got bumped up the ladder
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM ]
still won, lol

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
technically it should've been an incomplete pass, but morally, it's a fumble. He had full control of the ball, both feet down and lost control upon getting hit BEFORE "making a football move." Still a fumble tho.

Morally...morally..there is no morally. That was clearly not a fumble. As this guy just say, they didn't even have the ref confirm it. The guy upstairs just said it was a catch. That smells like home cooking.

The Patriots were lucky this thing wasn't 45 - 3 by the time they started their comeback.
There was no way that was a catch fumble. He never even took a step.
Hell no. It was the same thing that happened in the Dallas game. Except in the Dallas game he held the ball alot longer and started to run with it and they counted it as an incomplete pass. The refs are not on the same page
IT wasn't. The refs got it wrong AGAIN.
Easily an incomplete pass
Share 49ersWebzone