LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we let Nike "go for it" on a new niner uniform?

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
as long as they keep the current jerseys

wouldn't mind seeing an alternate once or twice a year
Originally posted by Youngb:
Just found this picture. No story behind it and I have no idea what it means. I like it though

these are pretty dope
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I hated the shaded number and different color red. I want anything that closely resembles the 80s look and nothing else.

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Just found this picture. No story behind it and I have no idea what it means. I like it though

I think that helmet is awesome! Not on a permanent basis but I do like it alot for an alternate helmet.

I never like the circa 95-2009 jerseys and it was my favorite moment as a niner fan (in the dark ages) to see our old style jersey make their comeback. To be nit-picky , I wanted the stripes on the socks, but that was it.

I think the NFL likes having the teams with traditional jerseys, (Raiders, Lions, Packers, Bears, Browns, Stealers) and to some degree, Minus the fifteen year gap mentioned above, the Niners.

I hope we never change our jersey's again unless it's just a small cosmetic change to match the evolution in material/padding.

BUT, teams with classic jerseys ^, should go hog wild once a year with alternatives! I hope we bust out something wacky in the next few years. I like that white one above, also think It's be cool to go full throwback a game and just have leather colored helmets (brownish gold) with solid red tops and solid grey bottoms.

IDK, don't see any harm in having fun one game a year. I know a lot of people would get their panties in a twist and have their securities about there manhood threatened, but I've always pushed for pink to replace red for a game during the Breast cancer month.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
these are pretty d

Those helmets do look bad ass. Would make bad ass alternate away helmets.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Those helmets look hideous.
Nike ruined uniforms in my opinion the seahawks look stupid in there uniforms and the new jaguars uniforms for this coming season are a joke i like the uniforms we have now i just wish they would wear the white pants or at least wear the throwback 80's uniforms once and a while. Nike i think would ruin our uniforms like they ruined a lot of other teams.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jun 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

/thread

/thread

I honestly don't know why we haven't worn the white pants throw backs we wore in 94 as an alt yet. I've been waiting for those for years.

these are pretty dope

That helmet is awesome. I've never seen that before.

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I honestly don't know why we haven't worn the white pants throw backs we wore in 94 as an alt yet. I've been waiting for those for years.

I agree...would be a nice change up for a few games a year. Was hoping there'd be a petition to Jed York to "honor" the Niners' past in Candlestick's last season, or alternatively the inaugural season @ Levi's, by wearing throwbacks for home games...I think enough time has elapsed since the 2009 redesign where the team can do with something different occassionally
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
as long as they keep the current jerseys

wouldn't mind seeing an alternate once or twice a year

same here, alternates on MNF would be kewl.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Do not F with our uni's

fix the sleeves and thats it we good
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by susweel:
Do not F with our uni's

fix the sleeves and thats it we good

Came here to post this^

Why the hell is there only 1.2 stripes?? If I were Jed Nike wouldn't hear the end of it until it was fixed.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

these are pretty dope

That helmet is awesome. I've never seen that before.

The Raiders helmet looks like it's carbon fiber and the Patriots is chrome... Where was this pic taken?
Share 49ersWebzone