There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LMJ in the slot

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you are assuming that roman is capable

Sad but true. James is a guy who you use all over the field, he's a high end Ferrari and they're using him like a Buick.

This. Why are we drafting guys that don't fit what we're trying to do? Jenkins and LMJ pop out the most. Then we pick up guys like Brandon Jacobs and Moss, but don't know how to use them either. I'm starting to question what everyone including myself has been saying about our coaches... in that they know how to use the strengths of our players. Look at our old QB, his ability to run a no huddle offense is finally getting tapped into.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
LMJ isnt being misused he wants to be a rb he needs to learn to run in the nfl, so were not using him like the Saints used Bush his whole time there (pretty much a receiver with a rbs number) i would rather him learn to run like a rb then have a useless career getting juggled between teams because he can only catch passes. What i dont get is this Brandon Jacobs style tweeting because hes not getting used more, for christs sake he just returned from an injury and couldnt get 1 yard on three attempts against a team we ran all over. Maybe he does want to be traded though and thinks he can run for another team. Meh not gunna cry if he stays or leaves.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. LMJ will never be a featured back in the NFL due to his size. If he's to have any success in the NFL, he's gonna have to take on a reggie bush/sproles type role in an offense and improve his ST skills.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm just saying there is no reason we shouldn't use James all over the field....heck just as a decoy if we need....if we have him motioning and get him get a clean release from the LOS...

Agree we should use him more as a change of pace but our offensive coaches haven't even thought of putting our WR's in motion why would they do that with LMJ?
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm just saying there is no reason we shouldn't use James all over the field....heck just as a decoy if we need....if we have him motioning and get him get a clean release from the LOS...

Agree we should use him more as a change of pace but our offensive coaches haven't even thought of putting our WR's in motion why would they do that with LMJ?

Speaking of motioning and getting a clean release... Look at this last play to McCluster

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/10/2/4793616/kansas-city-chiefs-levels-passing-concepts-breakdown
I wish HaRo would watch what Sean Peyton runs in NO. He is the absolute master of the screen pass. It is no surprise the Sproles is such a weapon there. Peyton has fine-tuned his extensive inventory of screen and swing passes to the talents of Darren Sproles. It is the perfect marriage of a coach who has no limits to his play design and the talent of a quick, shifty runner. Good stuff.
Originally posted by dj43:
I wish HaRo would watch what Sean Peyton runs in NO. He is the absolute master of the screen pass. It is no surprise the Sproles is such a weapon there. Peyton has fine-tuned his extensive inventory of screen and swing passes to the talents of Darren Sproles. It is the perfect marriage of a coach who has no limits to his play design and the talent of a quick, shifty runner. Good stuff.
Some coaches just have the knack for utilizing players based on their skills. The 49er's and Jim Harbaugh utilizes Tight Ends and the ground and pound. So if they're NOT going to use LMJ properly, why not try and do a trade with the Eagles for maybe a Zac Ertz? Chip Kelly may just go for it since his game is geared to what LMJ can do. It would be a win win situation for both coaches.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
This. Why are we drafting guys that don't fit what we're trying to do? Jenkins and LMJ pop out the most. Then we pick up guys like Brandon Jacobs and Moss, but don't know how to use them either. I'm starting to question what everyone including myself has been saying about our coaches... in that they know how to use the strengths of our players. Look at our old QB, his ability to run a no huddle offense is finally getting tapped into.

jenkins was an idiot and i do not think he fits anywhere. how he stays on with the chiefs is beyond me but thats not my concern. jacobs was a problem child from day one so that was a risk that did not pay off, happens,,, moss started out well, imploded at the end. the list of what they do well is longer than the list of things that did not out so good
  • buck
  • Veteran
James complains about his role on twitter.

James has received just three carries for zero yards, leaving him to question his role Tuesday in a tweet he later deep-sixed.
"Some things I just don't understand at all," James wrote, per CSN Bay Area. "I don't work at State Farm, I'm not trying to be insurance."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254473/article/lamichael-james-wants-bigger-role-with-49ers
Originally posted by buck:

James has received just three carries for zero yards, leaving him to question his role Tuesday in a tweet he later deep-sixed.
"Some things I just don't understand at all," James wrote, per CSN Bay Area. "I don't work at State Farm, I'm not trying to be insurance."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254473/article/lamichael-james-wants-bigger-role-with-49ers

Keep complaining on twitter and he won't be on this team long.
Originally posted by Hopper:

thats fine, he needs to get traded to a team that actually knows how to and is willing to use him. right now he is just another wasted pick. i thought it was kind of a head scratcher when they drafted him but i had high hopes anyway in spite of the crowded backfield.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I want to know where all this using lmj as a receiver comes from less then 10% of all of his yards in college were receiving the ball right around Gores and Hunters.

It's because we all know that his future on this team isn't as a runner. There are too many backs ahead of him. We're all just trying to make some use of this pick. Also, though he was not a receiving back in college, he can develop into one. I don't believe Roger Craig was known as a dual threat coming out of Nebraska.
  • eman
  • Veteran
It would be ideal to use Lamichael on Screen passes, but the problem as I alluded to in another topic is that we simply do not have the offensive line to run screen plays. generally a team needs athletic OL's who are good in space and anticipate timing (not leave early to sell the screen and get out on time to free the RB from LB's). We have tried screen passes several times in past year, everytime it has been a horrible outcome or waste of down.

case in point, last week against rams, attempt at screen resulted in Kaep Sack!
the main problem here is that james is slow and no one seems to realize it
Originally posted by RonMexico:
the main problem here is that james is slow and no one seems to realize it

more like his vision sucks. as a kick returner, punt returner and as a runner
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Hopper:

thats fine, he needs to get traded to a team that actually knows how to and is willing to use him. right now he is just another wasted pick. i thought it was kind of a head scratcher when they drafted him but i had high hopes anyway in spite of the crowded backfield.

Trader Trent can easily get a 7th round pick for him.