LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Which SAFETY do you prefer long term w/ 49ers: Dashon Goldson or Donte Whitner

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which SAFETY do you prefer long term w/ 49ers: Dashon Goldson or Donte Whitner

Didn't vote, can't decide.
Both. The two hardest hitting safeties in the NFL. I honestly think Donte seems some of those hits Goldson gets and tries to one up him. If you're Whitner you can't be just wrapping guys up if Goldson's blowing them up. It's like in baseball when the whole starting rotation starts to pitch well and it just feeds off one another.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I couldn't resist but had to buy this the last game

Nice!
Bet we Franchise one more year before we let him go via FA.
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I couldn't resist but had to buy this the last game

Man that''s clean!!

That is DOPE!!
Lets try to keep them both why choose.
Both
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think goldson makes more big plays but whitner smashes people on every play. its definitely good to have them both if possible, goldson is a little old tho, not too sure how old whitner is

Goldson - 28
Whitner - 27

I thought Whitner was the older one...
wow i thought goldson was like 30 already. i hope we keep them both, whitners leadership and his ability to light up anyone on offense is huge and goldson is a great FS who gets picks and destroys people back there. best safety tandem in the league and its not even close. hopefully we can get goldson to sign a deal this year. i think whitner signed for a few years
wow i thought goldson was like 30 already. i hope we keep them both, whitners leadership and his ability to light up anyone on offense is huge and goldson is a great FS who gets picks and destroys people back there. best safety tandem in the league and its not even close. hopefully we can get goldson to sign a deal this year. i think whitner signed for a few years

I give Seattle the edge just because Earl Thomas covers an insane amount of ground. Had the 49ers eschewed Davis, they could have had Thomas and Goldson roaming back there.

would rather have both. but the Hawk is more of a playmaker..

Goldson seems to make more hits, but Whitner is not far behind. Too close to call.............
Goldson - He is better in coverage and could be moved to SS. As good as Whitner is, I don't think the Niners would franchise him or depend on him as a long term FS.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I give Seattle the edge just because Earl Thomas covers an insane amount of ground. Had the 49ers eschewed Davis, they could have had Thomas and Goldson roaming back there.

ya bu the fear that our guys put in people has to be taken into account. after a good hit or two receivers get scared in the middle. even hernandez big ass from the pats got rocked and on the next play he was too scared to hold the ball and coughed it up lol
Both, 'cause I'm Greedy like That ... ;D

As of this moment, it's working. May not be perfect, but, the parts are working as a whole
... and, that's paramount moving toward the pending post season, and beyond.

Since it's a Poll, I'd vote to part ways with Whitner ... then hope to find a player via trade
or draft, with better cover skills. Since team chemistry is such a big part of winning (IMO),
finding that replaceable cog, will be easier said than done.
whitner probaly wants to stay, goldson going for that $$$$$$
Share 49ersWebzone