LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Kaepernick Called A Good Leader By Opponent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"He was poised, nothing fazed him, and the guys on their team rally around him," Patriots Pro Bowl nose tackle Vince Wilfork said. "He's a good leader … a good leader."

Or as San Francisco guard Alex Boone said: "Am I worried about him in those situations? Not anymore."

Link

It appears that the development of a franchise QB is on track.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM ]
Indeed, I know this might be moved/merged, but I gotta say, this was the game everybody was hoping he'd 'master', and show an impressive win. -He may have shown some mistakes, but throwing 4 TDs in Foxborough in mid Dec. is just unheard of.
High Five!

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Indeed, I know this might be moved/merged, but I gotta say, this was the game everybody was hoping he'd 'master', and show an impressive win. -He may have shown some mistakes, but throwing 4 TDs in Foxborough in mid Dec. is just unheard of.

I wasn't sure where it belonged so I made a thread.
I know the fumbles can be scary but I think he will get better at preventing them and I love the fact that the INT, the crowd, Brady and Belichick and the four straight TDs and the fumbles didn't rattle him. He was confident and rallied through the adversity and won the game.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
High Five!

Cool pic!
Kap talks to the rest of the team when he's on the sidelines. I hardly ever saw that in Smith
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

This might sound odd, but considering his career is only five starts old, I think it's a "good sign" for his future development that he tends to throw a pick here and there. INT are obviously not good in the flow of a game, especially if thrown at inopportune times. However, it shows that he's willing to continue to take chances and make big plays.

Think about it. Peyton Manning had a game early in the season where he threw three picks in the first half. Now, I don't want to sugarcoat it--those were bad throws and bad decisions. But it's not like anyone was sitting around saying, "Hmm, maybe we were wrong about Peyton being one of the best QBs ever."
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Kap talks to the rest of the team when he's on the sidelines. I hardly ever saw that in Smith

I've noticed that after every scoring single drive he basically goes up to the entire OL and it looks like he's pretty much thanking...congratulating them.....he's also one of the first to greet the defense coming off the field.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, I noticed that too. Alex is a little less talkative.
His start has been pretty epic. Almost lead us to a win against the Rams down 17-7 falling short with Akers kick.

Blew out Da Bears on MNF.

Won on the road against the Saints in a hostile enviorment.

Came back after making mistakes against the Rams only for Akers to blow it.

Beats Miami and has the game winning 50 yard TD run.

Then goes to NE and wins a shootout with Tom Brady.

Two more games to go. What a ride! Lead us to #6 Kaep!

In related news, a letter from young Alex Smith was found in which he complained that the teacher gave someone else his classroom hall monitor job while he was at the nurse's office getting a standard scoliosis exam.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/17/nfl-kaepernick-letter-self/1775027/?morestories=obinsite
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I've noticed that after every scoring single drive he basically goes up to the entire OL and it looks like he's pretty much thanking...congratulating them.....he's also one of the first to greet the defense coming off the field.

Yea he's totally in tune with the rest of the team. I haven't seen this team rally for each other like this in a long time. It sure feels damn good once again
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
In related news, a letter from young Alex Smith was found in which he complained that the teacher gave someone else his classroom hall monitor job while he was at the nurse's office getting a standard scoliosis exam.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/17/nfl-kaepernick-letter-self/1775027/?morestories=obinsite

lol
kaep just has this swagger about him. I think he has the IT factor / intangibles.

its scary, seems like he has all the qualities.

any weaknesses? just inexperienced
"He's been poised throughout the games," McCourty said. "Nothing seems to rattle him. He's been able to just play his game. Even last week against Miami, (with the) game on the line, important drive, and he keeps it and runs down the sideline for a (50-yard) touchdown. We knew we weren't going to really rattle him or get him out of the game."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/17/colin-cool-kaepernick-poised-in-face-of-patriots-furious-comeback/
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 18, 2012 at 12:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone