There are 255 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick has now established himself as the starter for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seattle weather is similar to New England, not as cold but very wet. Colin played good but the missed snaps were terrible. Next game will be in the same environment.
  • Jiks
I don't know what it is but when Kaep throws it kind of seems like a lame duck pass. The ball really doesn't look like it's thrown very hard but the things just travels and travels and travels and travels. I see him throw a pass, and what seems like a 20-30 yarder is a 50 yarder. The over throw to VD for example.
CK7 is the man. He has come into the NFL and won against top tier talent.

Bears, Saints, Patriots.

He is the real deal putting up touchdowns, not just stats. I cannot tell you how many games other niner qb's padded their stats where they where down by 21 points, the defenses went into prevent, and they dinked and dunked to get their 225 yards, and everyone was saying look, they completed 70% of their passes.

I will take 4 touchdowns any day of the week from our qb.
Not gonna lie, I was an Alex supporter through and through, but watching CKs interview after the game made me like him. Way too humble to not like. I hope Alex gets traded so he can start somewhere else. Obviously, CK has cemented his spot. The Kaeptain.
CK7 went into an extremely hostile environment , beat a red hot team ...and battled the elements all 4 quarters ...IT'S HIS JOB NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's not losing his job, especially now. Even if he struggled, he wasn't losing his job. Harbaugh had this planned all along. He obviously didn't plan on Smith getting a concussion, but that opened the door for him to insert Kap. Unless he struggled mightily, he wasn't going to turn back on his decision. Hats off to him for making the change. Although, he could have handled it better. "Alex Smith is the starting quarterback." "Alex is not out of this thing."

Good to get a win, period. We went cross country and beat a very very talented team. A team that waxed arguably the best team in some peoples minds last week.

As for Kap, I'm still concerned with the little mistakes e.g. botched snaps, holding the ball too loosely, losing 15 yards in trying to avoid a sack and clock management at the line of scrimmage. Four fumbles, one lost. The other 3 could easily go the other way - they did for New England. Seven fumbles in 5 starts. And how many more timeouts do we need to burn to avoid a delay of game penalty? He had a great game throwing the ball though. At times he over threw his receivers, but the first 3 TD's were him.

Time well tell if he's the long term answer. Personally, I don't care for the read option or pistol (Q). It's a hot fad right now and not sure it will last. But, will enjoy the win for what it is.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
That pass to Crabtree in stride to the end zone clock'd at 60.4 mph

homeboy has a cannon...............Beat Seattle n im completely sold CK7

That pass was beautiful!!!
Great kid and on his way to being a great QB. He took advantage of the fantastic field position and turnovers that the d gave him.

He's still got to clean up the turnovers.

What is most exciting to me is the Kaep to Crabs connection. Holy crap! They are on the same page. Coach admitted that the game winner to Crabs was not how the play was designed....that was all Qb/WR chemistry.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Great kid and on his way to being a great QB. He took advantage of the fantastic field position and turnovers that the d gave him.

What is most exciting to me is the Kaep to Crabs connection. Holy crap! They are on the same page. Coach admitted that the game winner to Crabs was not how the play was designed....that was all Qb/WR chemistry.

The thing I'm most impressed with is the way he doesn't get rattled. He's just calm in the face of complete chaos and adversity, which really is not very common even among these great athletes. It could have been easy to get rattled. The slippery ball, the fumbles, the failure to see the other safety shading over in the end zone, the blitzes that just kept coming, some with up to 7 players - but Kaepernick seemed calm throughout. Pretty amazing really. It's obvious that he has a cannon. It's obvious that he's fast - that scramble up the middle - jeez, he was 20 yards down field before some of the Patriots even knew he'd left the pocket. But the mental aspect of Kaepernick's game to me is the most surprising and encouraging.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I don't know what it is but when Kaep throws it kind of seems like a lame duck pass. The ball really doesn't look like it's thrown very hard but the things just travels and travels and travels and travels. I see him throw a pass, and what seems like a 20-30 yarder is a 50 yarder. The over throw to VD for example.

I know what you mean and I think it's because he's got such a strong arm that he throws the ball long and with lots of velocity without straining, without making it look very hard to do it. One of his earlier QB coaches, who worked with Bartkowski back in the day says he's got a Bartkowski-league arm. I read one interview with him in which he said Kaepernick could throw the ball in the air over 80 yards.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think he's 95% there. Beat Seattle in the hardest stadium to play in in the NFL, and he's 100% there.
The Seattle game was always more difficult IMO. That 2nd road game after you have beat a very tough team. The team will say they are ready and focused but I think it's hard for some of the guys not to be drained. Crabtree after the game was all giddy about beating one of his favorite QB's in Tom Brady... I think a lot of 49ers felt the same way.

It will be harder to get our guys going for the Seattle game. I hope Coach has a good motivational speech prepared for them.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I was screaming for him to throw the ball to Crabtree all night. When you have a QB/WR connecting like that in game, just keep feeding the hot hand. On that pre-snap play I was yelling at the tv because the db was giving a 7-10 yard cushion to Crabtree.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Agreed. Smith was good, but Kaep is already better.

fixed.
anyone see the paper he wrote when Kaep wanted to be a 9er ?

This guy wants to be a 9er since he was a kid...much more love..since he is a fan at heart

Share 49ersWebzone