LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
We need to win this game.. We need a first round bye to rest our players..

This is true.

Another thing is we can speculate who our division opponent will be and get a headstart on film. Last year we predicted correctly it would be the Saints.

If we get in at #2, looks like #3 seed will be Green Bay. Green Bay would host the #6 seed in the wildcard round (seattle, minnesota, washington, dallas, chicago, even Giants maybe). I think they could beat all of those except NYG. We'd game plan for GB unless they are playing NYG.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Even if we lose this game, a victory over the Cards the following week would give us the division title, correct?

That is correct. But we need to win out if we want to get that 2nd seed and a 1st round bye.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
We need to win this game.. We need a first round bye to rest our players..

This is true.

Another thing is we can speculate who our division opponent will be and get a headstart on film. Last year we predicted correctly it would be the Saints.

If we get in at #2, looks like #3 seed will be Green Bay. Green Bay would host the #6 seed in the wildcard round (seattle, minnesota, washington, dallas, chicago, even Giants maybe). I think they could beat all of those except NYG. We'd game plan for GB unless they are playing NYG.

If we bring our A game, we will beat anyone, including the Giants. Alex had his worse game in 2 years against the Giants last time, it won't happen to Kap.
Destroy Wilson!!!
We will not lose to the Pete Carroll coached Seahawks on Jim Harbaugh's birthday!
I don't see this team letting down next Sunday against the Seahawks with so much on the line. They win out, they get the second seed. It's that simple. And, I think Kaepernick has proven that he is mentally up to the challenge of playing in Seattle. It may be as wet up there, but it will not be as cold. They'll be spraying that ball with ice water and having him take snaps with it all week. The Seahawk defense is definitely better than the Patriots, but there is no way the Seattle offense is better than the Patriots. The Seahawks will ABSOLUTELY NOT be hanging 50 points on the Niners. And, Kaepernick is really progressing quickly at dealing with the blitzes. On the last quick TD pass to Crabtree, the Patiots sent seven rushers, an all-out blitz, and Kaepernick just calmly fastballed it out to Crabtree. Hopefully, he makes the Seahawks pay the same way.
GET THAT BYE
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Winning this game obviously wins us the west and likely gets the second seed.

But what I would also really like to do is knock the seattle out of the playoffs. Can't stand them and carroll. If we win, they can max out at 10 wins. There are a bunch of other teams that can do that also. Hopefully Seattle will lose tie breakers to them and get knocked out.

On the other hand, wouldn't mind playing Seattle at home in the game to get to the NFCC. But they'd never make it out of the first round on the road.
Seahawks 59
49ers 13

Seahawks are rolling and we will come in overconfident because of our win vs the Patriots.
On to the next!

Now this game is a whole different monster. Seahawks are a little overrated with all the points they've scored vs two bottom feeder teams, but it's hard not to take notice of what Wilson brings to their offense. They are now more balanced than ever!

It's gonna be another shootout type game imo. And I hope the 49ers are well prepared for any trick plays from Carroll, he's going to have some up his sleeves, guaranteed.

Can't wait. 49ers 5-0 in prime time games!

BEAT THE HAWKS!!!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Seahawks 59
49ers 13

Seahawks are rolling and we will come in overconfident because of our win vs the Patriots.

disagree. i was more confident of next sunday than last night. I am worried about justins injury and if he is gone that could flip things. I think we have a issue getting ready for bad teams as compared to good teams,, well vikes and giants are an exception. I may be wrong but can not see them doing on offense to us what they did to the last two teams. when they are playing well our defense tends to bring out the worst in teams. if justin is hurt and if the game boils down to our num nuts kicker then we are in trouble. other than that we win a close low scoring physical game
Tired of hearing about Seattle. Can't wait to clinch the division in their house.
[ Edited by SFrush on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM ]
Seahawks 59
49ers 13

Didn't you eat enough crow after you said NE would humiliate us.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Seahawks 59
49ers 13

Didn't you eat enough crow after you said NE would humiliate us.

It must be superstition. If he continues to predict that we get blown out, we'll keep winning. This man is a true fan. Keep up the good work Wookie
Share 49ersWebzone