There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me

Ego is always a good thing. It separates the winners from the losers. Nobody wants a push over or weak minded personality like Norv Turner. You don't think Belichick has an ego? or Brady? You don't think Montana had an ego? His ego prevents him from verbalizing Steve Young's name. You don't think the Argentine and Brazilian soccer players have an ego. You don't think Manning has an ego? His ego was about control and running the Broncos offense, which he knew Harbs wouldn't have allowed. To be a winner, you have to have a true belief that you are a winner before you act like one. The difference is, many express that ego differently and that's what probably rubs many the wrong way. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have noticed it before he was signed and not endorsed him as head coach of the 9ers.

In regards to your comment regarding changing our chemistry late in the season, well, I'm assuming you are talking about the change in QB. You need to move on and get over it; You are acting like a person who was dumped that can't let go. If you were watching the game objectively, you would have realized it wasn't a Karpernick loss, it was a butt kicking of one team that played better than the other team. In addition, if you want to look at just QB play, then look at the stats. No QB played well late in the season in Seattle, not even Tom Brady.
Not so much the Qb change but the fact that we have changed the entire offense from what it was. I did watch it objectively and Kaep stunk it up. We are now running a gimmick offense. The old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind. I also think their are players questioning the decision in fact some did.

they had a sideline shot last nite of kaerpernick and staley on the sideline in a rather intense looking discussion
lol we suk lol ololololllloooolll merry xmas
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by susweel:
I wanted to post this in the Alex thread but its locked.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest On this date in 2011, Alex Smith completed 14 of 26 passes for 179 yards with 61.7 QBR and 75.6 passer rating in victory at Seattle.

some people acting like Alex would have been the game changer yesterday and its simply not true. The game last year in Seattle our defense was outstanding and their QB was Tarvaris Jackson.

When it looked like the tide had turned for the Seahawks in the second half, Smith completed a deep pass to Crabtree. A FG later, the win was secured. The 2011 game was a slugfest, very different in nature.

alex won that game--not only the crabtree pass but sebveral pinpoint passes to davis and a big scramble to set up 4th and short---he ran the offense that the niners do best in, not the new gimicky offense
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol we suk lol ololololllloooolll merry xmas

That's not true; not everybody is over the QB controversy. Just listen to the radio. If you watched the game objectively, you would have noticed the Defense was not able to get Seattle's offense off of the field. People should be looking at how poorly the defense played more so than the offense.

I never listen to sports radio, so I don't know what fans are saying on there, I think most of us here have accepted our coach's decision whether we thought it was the right call or not. Our opinion is irrelevant, what isn't irrelevant is our right to honestly analyze and critique our team, and the leader of our offense, the QB.

Kap failed to mount a comeback. He's played played mediocre to bad in 4 of the 6 games. Our run yards per game continue to drop due to his inability to read a defense and then call a play at the line.

There's tons of stuff to criticize him for. He failed miserably. Our defense struggled too, but frankly, had we been able to mount time consuming drives like we used to then they wouldn't have been so tired. We've cut our long drives in half since Kap came in.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
That's not true; not everybody is over the QB controversy. Just listen to the radio. If you watched the game objectively, you would have noticed the Defense was not able to get Seattle's offense off of the field. People should be looking at how poorly the defense played more so than the offense.

I never listen to sports radio, so I don't know what fans are saying on there, I think most of us here have accepted our coach's decision whether we thought it was the right call or not. Our opinion is irrelevant, what isn't irrelevant is our right to honestly analyze and critique our team, and the leader of our offense, the QB.

Kap failed to mount a comeback. He's played played mediocre to bad in 4 of the 6 games. Our run yards per game continue to drop due to his inability to read a defense and then call a play at the line.

There's tons of stuff to criticize him for. He failed miserably. Our defense struggled too, but frankly, had we been able to mount time consuming drives like we used to then they wouldn't have been so tired. We've cut our long drives in half since Kap came in.

100% Kaps fault huh?

Play calling/teams we are playing/situation in the game....none of that is at fault, nope 100% Kap.

Look Kap didn't have a good game last night and shoulders the lions share of the blame cause that's the position he plays, however the play calling has been atrocious since he took over. I wish Roman would call the game like he did with Alex at the helm. Conservative power football. Since Kap took over he's trying to be the Pats every week except for when he should be.
Originally posted by WINiner:

100% Kaps fault huh?

Play calling/teams we are playing/situation in the game....none of that is at fault, nope 100% Kap.

Look Kap didn't have a good game last night and shoulders the lions share of the blame cause that's the position he plays, however the play calling has been atrocious since he took over. I wish Roman would call the game like he did with Alex at the helm. Conservative power football. Since Kap took over he's trying to be the Pats every week except for when he should be.

Whats up Win, I actually agree with you. But honestly cant you see why. Kaep is supposed to bring everything that smith doesnt, no 1 above all being a strong arm. If your gonna use the "supposed" safe offense or short to medium game, with a few deep balls here and there, then that goes against why the switch was made in the first place.

So actually im not surprised. They are trying to cater the game to Kaep's strength, and we have to agree, it isnt the short or medium game. he likes the deep ball and thats not a bad thing.

The switch was made, and this is just the offense that we have to deal with.

One thing, i have to disagree with truecarlos about. and thats the fact that i dont think most have accepted the Qb switch. But this new offense is what comes with the change.
Call it one of those games.

Sunday can't get here fast enough. I want to see if Colin can redeem himself.

100% Kaps fault huh?

Never said 100% Kap's fault. But so much of our offense is dependent on him making good calls, good reads, good passes (that don't get your players hurt) and GETTING THE PLAY OFF IN TIME!!

And we see another real problem popping up. Kap can't play from behind. He is supposed to solve that problem.

100% Kaps fault huh?

Never said 100% Kap's fault. But so much of our offense is dependent on him making good calls, good reads, good passes (that don't get your players hurt) and GETTING THE PLAY OFF IN TIME!!

And we see another real problem popping up. Kap can't play from behind. He is supposed to solve that problem.

Enough of that garbage already. Vernon jumped for a ball he didn't have to, like he always does. His own fault he got planted the way he did. Mario's injury has 0 to do with Kap. It's inciting and cause for warnings if it continues as you have 0 evidence to support it and it's intent to continually mention it is to piss people off.
Kap made alot of mistakes yesterday he was late on so many throws getting are guys killed. That being said the play calling was just horrible yet again abandoning the run game in the first half. I know we were down by 21 but if anything we could gave our defense a breather with some lengthy drives. We kept going 3 and out and when we did get into the redzone pass,pass,pass, im like wtf RUN THE BALL!!! Everytime we abandon our running game we lose.

100% Kaps fault huh?

Enough of that garbage already. Vernon jumped for a ball he didn't have to, like he always does. His own fault he got planted the way he did. Mario's injury has 0 to do with Kap. It's inciting and cause for warnings if it continues as you have 0 evidence to support it and it's intent to continually mention it is to piss people off.

Well i mean look nothing is done on purpose in the NFL, and no one makes a decision to get someone hurt. now if a wrong decision was made that led to someone getting hurt it happens. I mean you cant tell me, at least i can say i've watched tons of games, over the past 30 years in which the announcer said, the QB definitely shouldnt of thrown that ball.

Yesterday, the only thing i can say to give his comment some relevance is after Manningham got hurt, collingsworth immediately called out Kaep. Saying kaep shouldnt of thrown that ball, it was too late, and he said it a few times. which is why manningham got himmed up as much as he did. it all started with the throw from the QB.

Now to say he meant to get someone hurt nah, but making a bad decision does lead to that, and u shouldnt get upset cuz of that. Now if he's saying that Kaep meant to hurt someone, then thats a whole diff subject.
Even in defeat I was trash talking Seacock fans.

I told one of them they look like a down syndrome version of skeetskeet. I hate those 12th fan jersey. So everyone I saw I would go up to them and ask what round of the draft was Fan taken in, what college did he go to.

As they were laughing at us after game I would just say "still first place". Quite a few of them said no you aren't idiot. To which I would just stop, look at them and laugh for being retarded.

One guy after the game was screaming at me saying first team in NFL history to put up 150 cumulative points in 3 games. Guess he can't read since they splashed it on the score board that this was the 2nd time.

Thought I almost went to far when after game, walking by myself in a crowd of fans one started saying something. But he was slurring his words and I couldn't make out what he was saying. I mocked him by returning the conversation talking like I was retarded.

One of my favorite was discussing the Toucherception game. I told them I will side with them that that was a TD as long as they would agree with me on another game. They said OK and I said the refs made the right calls in the 2005 SB. Then they would all start crying about the refs again.

Good times.
I do wonder how many times Kap is calling the correct of the two plays for the defense he sees..... that was a HUGE part of our game plan and I wonder if this is just part of his learning... I am not bashing him, but where he has the big arm compared to Alex, I believe Alex was much better at calling off a play or continuing with what was called based on the defense. I also beieve he is a smart kid and will learn that part of the position but wonder at the decision to do it partway through the season rather than from the get go.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Call it one of those games.

Sunday can't get here fast enough. I want to see if Colin can redeem himself.

And the defense. And the special teams.