There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,606
Originally posted by SportsFan:
A Seattle fan sitting next to me at game even acknowledged that Seattle has a bunch of thugs who play dirty.

We got some thuggish players too.

Whitner and Goldson are about as thuggish as you can get.
Justin Smith. Bowman. Willis. Will all knock your ass out.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,440
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

I have to agree, that seems to be his Achilles heel. Kaepernick is a QB with a pitchers mentality, with that said, hes still playing good ball despite that juiced game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

I have to agree, that seems to be his Achilles heel. Kaepernick is a QB with a pitchers mentality, with that said, hes still playing good ball despite that juiced game.

He threw a nice lob fade to Crabs on the sideline.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
A Seattle fan sitting next to me at game even acknowledged that Seattle has a bunch of thugs who play dirty.

We got some thuggish players too.

Whitner and Goldson are about as thuggish as you can get.
Justin Smith. Bowman. Willis. Will all knock your ass out.

It aint a game for pussies -- it all works out in the end, look at Justin Smith..karma's a biotch.
we lost, they played a lot better than us, close thread move to the az thread.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
A Seattle fan sitting next to me at game even acknowledged that Seattle has a bunch of thugs who play dirty.

We got some thuggish players too.

Whitner and Goldson are about as thuggish as you can get.
Justin Smith. Bowman. Willis. Will all knock your ass out.

yeah but they got players that will grab your ankles and have a second guy come in take out your knees.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

I have to agree, that seems to be his Achilles heel. Kaepernick is a QB with a pitchers mentality, with that said, hes still playing good ball despite that juiced game.

Do you think Kaep has pretty much survived the worst in terms of difficult tests? I think he just went through the gauntlet in N.O., NE, and SEA.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,043
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

Except when he needed to throw a rocket to wide open VD and instead tossed a rainbow that left him hanging.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me

Ego is always a good thing. It separates the winners from the losers. Nobody wants a push over or weak minded personality like Norv Turner. You don't think Belichick has an ego? or Brady? You don't think Montana had an ego? His ego prevents him from verbalizing Steve Young's name. You don't think the Argentine and Brazilian soccer players have an ego. You don't think Manning has an ego? His ego was about control and running the Broncos offense, which he knew Harbs wouldn't have allowed. To be a winner, you have to have a true belief that you are a winner before you act like one. The difference is, many express that ego differently and that's what probably rubs many the wrong way. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have noticed it before he was signed and not endorsed him as head coach of the 9ers.

In regards to your comment regarding changing our chemistry late in the season, well, I'm assuming you are talking about the change in QB. You need to move on and get over it; You are acting like a person who was dumped that can't let go. If you were watching the game objectively, you would have realized it wasn't a Karpernick loss, it was a butt kicking of one team that played better than the other team. In addition, if you want to look at just QB play, then look at the stats. No QB played well late in the season in Seattle, not even Tom Brady.
Not so much the Qb change but the fact that we have changed the entire offense from what it was. I did watch it objectively and Kaep stunk it up. We are now running a gimmick offense. The old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind. I also think their are players questioning the decision in fact some did.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

I have to agree, that seems to be his Achilles heel. Kaepernick is a QB with a pitchers mentality, with that said, hes still playing good ball despite that juiced game.

Do you think Kaep has pretty much survived the worst in terms of difficult tests? I think he just went through the gauntlet in N.O., NE, and SEA.

Ill have to agree and to be completely honest Kaep won't have to play in those terrible conditions again these playoffs unless it's at home which is cool with me.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
As a coach you do not make huge changes to your winning team late in the season and mess with chemistry. We were a team last year we looks like a disfunctional mob at times this year. Also college gimmickry offense will not work at this level. You might throw it in once in a while like last year but to switch to it almost exclusively is crazy. All of this is on Harbaugh is ego is huge.

i agree on the timing of the decision but last night was not the fault of ck if you are going down that road,, the whole damn team imploded which we have done many times this year, no matter who the quarter back is.. in terms of the ego of our head coach,,,, you will get zero argument from me

Ego is always a good thing. It separates the winners from the losers. Nobody wants a push over or weak minded personality like Norv Turner. You don't think Belichick has an ego? or Brady? You don't think Montana had an ego? His ego prevents him from verbalizing Steve Young's name. You don't think the Argentine and Brazilian soccer players have an ego. You don't think Manning has an ego? His ego was about control and running the Broncos offense, which he knew Harbs wouldn't have allowed. To be a winner, you have to have a true belief that you are a winner before you act like one. The difference is, many express that ego differently and that's what probably rubs many the wrong way. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have noticed it before he was signed and not endorsed him as head coach of the 9ers.

In regards to your comment regarding changing our chemistry late in the season, well, I'm assuming you are talking about the change in QB. You need to move on and get over it; You are acting like a person who was dumped that can't let go. If you were watching the game objectively, you would have realized it wasn't a Karpernick loss, it was a butt kicking of one team that played better than the other team. In addition, if you want to look at just QB play, then look at the stats. No QB played well late in the season in Seattle, not even Tom Brady.
Everybody's over it buddy. What you need to do is learn to accept legitimate criticism of our QB. Don't take it personal. No need to take cheap shots at people.

Our QB is not beyond criticism.
I wanted to post this in the Alex thread but its locked.


Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest On this date in 2011, Alex Smith completed 14 of 26 passes for 179 yards with 61.7 QBR and 75.6 passer rating in victory at Seattle.



some people acting like Alex would have been the game changer yesterday and its simply not true. The game last year in Seattle our defense was outstanding and their QB was Tarvaris Jackson.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Everybody's over it buddy. What you need to do is learn to accept legitimate criticism of our QB. Don't take it personal. No need to take cheap shots at people.

Our QB is not beyond criticism.

.
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kaepernick seems incapable of throwing jump balls, fades, or any type of short passes. They are almost all 100 MPH flat rockets.

Except when he needed to throw a rocket to wide open VD and instead tossed a rainbow that left him hanging.
A bad rainbow to boot that just hung there. Horrible throw. He really struggled. I'm very disappointed, I'm hoping for a quick ego boost in the next game, but after this debacle, and the Rams games, I'm not so sure we are guaranteed a win against the Cardinals. Their defense WILL come to play against a division opponent.
[ Edited by truekingcarlos on Dec 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM ]