There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 16)

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Seahawks dominated in both aspects:

Pass interference and holding!!!

They are far superior!!!

That game was so juiced last night it was frickin ridiculous!!!

you should have been at Maitais last night. i think your hate for the seahawks would have been tripled........

I think I would've gotten into a scrap!!!

yup. especially after they started cheering for mario getting injured.

first time i've been there to watch the niners play. that's the only spot i've seen here that has a gathering for seattle fans.

Next time you watch a 9er game go to Round Table pizza in Waikiki.

i'll keep that in mind.

i'm usually at mililani shack. it's been niner central lately. all the charger fans suddenly disappeared from there.
Why can't we f**ken put together 3 straight games of high level play?
Hey guys...question, those playground scrambles by Wilson in the backfield pissing off Brooks so bad...were those sacks against any other standard QB?

How the hell does a team stop him from doing that. Brooks and Aldon were useless.

4-3 scheme with Larry Grant in the middle and Bowman and Willis on the outside?
  • titan
  • Veteran
If you look at our season we are good for only 2 wins a row. I was hoping to win this game making us capable of winning 3 in a row. 2 playoff games and a Superbowl. Now we may have to win 4 in a row just to win our division and go to the Superbowl.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why can't we f**ken put together 3 straight games of high level play?

Freddie P Soft.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ We will have to starting next week!
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I swear they just showed 3 big seahawks plays on NFL network and Rogers was responsible for each receiver that made the play
such a s**tty game for him

Rogers has not impressed this year. His pursuit on ball carriers sucks. His tackling is soft. Good thing we didn't pay him too much.

We should just cut him and let Cully take over
Pay Goldson with Rogers' money.

Only 1.75 mill of the rest of his contract is fully guaranteed. So we can just cut him and lose 1.75 mill, use the rest to keep Goldson.

I'd take Goldson over Rogers in a heart beat. I hope we do that.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Hey guys...question, those playground scrambles by Wilson in the backfield pissing off Brooks so bad...were those sacks against any other standard QB?

How the hell does a team stop him from doing that. Brooks and Aldon were useless.

We needed to commit a spy to him. We didn't do that. Or our Defenders need to corral him instead of going for a tackle one at a time.

It doesn't help when the OLine is holding all game long.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^our depth is not that good to be cutting anyone. Believe it or not Rogers quality of play is hard to come by in the NFL. He has had terrible games, but he has been good for us.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

We needed to commit a spy to him. We didn't do that. Or our Defenders need to corral him instead of going for a tackle one at a time.

I'm not quite sure a spy would have worked. It wasn't that he was trying to run outside when the pocket collapsed. On most plays it was just that he extended his time in the pocket by dancing around.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I think the turning point in that game, the moment that occurred that "did-us-in" so to speak was when Akers didn't have the confidence to forcefully and confidently elevate and drive that field goal for a simple 3 points. He has been a liability late in the season for us and I'm wondering why her hasn't been cut. The other problem is the personal foul committed by Brock. He needs to be benched and given that team speech by Singletary, which turned around VD.

Come on. No way thats on Akers when Bryant gets that much penetration. The turning point was the poor pass to VD that should have been an easy TD
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I think the turning point in that game, the moment that occurred that "did-us-in" so to speak was when Akers didn't have the confidence to forcefully and confidently elevate and drive that field goal for a simple 3 points. He has been a liability late in the season for us and I'm wondering why her hasn't been cut. The other problem is the personal foul committed by Brock. He needs to be benched and given that team speech by Singletary, which turned around VD.

Come on. No way thats on Akers when Bryant gets that much penetration. The turning point was the poor pass to VD that should have been an easy TD

No. The turning point was the blocked FG. That's a chip shot and Akers should have angled upward. YES kickers have the ability to do so. Instead of a 14-3 game, it turned into a 21-0 rout and a loss of momentum. That was definitely the turning point of the game
  • titan
  • Veteran
If they didn't pull off on such a large lead we could've kept him honest in the pocket. Overall the flow of the game along with the weather condition all fell on their side. With such a large lead they had no stress.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

FWIW, I heard Steve Young say that he loved it when a team committed one guy to be a spy for him. He said it essentially reduced the defense against him from 11 players to 10.

It's overreaction Monday alright.