There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Just re-watched both Rams games

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by HOF49er:
Cause CK is no good. Rams had no problems stopping CK game for the most part of both games.

Absurd statement in the bold. Aside from the first few drives in the tie game, the Rams did have problems stopping Kap. Dont let the fluky mistake twist your memory. Kap played well apart from the stupid pitch.

Actually its not just the bold that was absurd.

There was also the stupid safety and running out of bounds at the end.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
see what the vikings are doing to the rams today? the players and coaches should be ashamed of themselves for those disgracefull "efforts" vs the rams
Cause CK is no good. Rams had no problems stopping CK game for the most part of both games.

Absurd statement in the bold. Aside from the first few drives in the tie game, the Rams did have problems stopping Kap. Dont let the fluky mistake twist your memory. Kap played well apart from the stupid pitch.

He totally sucked against the Rams! Come on man, see things for what they are.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ Akers
~ Wild backward, lateral, pitches near the goal line that result in TD's for the other team.

Don't do these and we are 2 - 0 in those games.

wait, who did Akers?
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

He wasn't good in the 2nd Rams game and really struggled especially.
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
I TiVo all the games so I can watch my Niners on-demand.

I just watched both games against the Rams and one thing jumped off the screen that wasn't apparent in the heat of the moment weeks ago.

We are a vastly, vastly superior team compared to the Rams! I cannot believe we didn't win one game in two shots against them. If we played 10 more times we would win the next 10.

The difference to me was two things...costly penalties at key points in both games and lackluster offensive play calling in both games.

Our offense has been so creative all season. No idea why we tossed those games away.

My two cents.
I agree, where were all the shifts and motion designed to confuse the Rams defense? I was sitting watching the Vikings pound the Rams in the first half today and was thinking, "These clowns took the 49ers to the wire and tied and then beat them in two games this year?"
I guess some teams just have another teams number much like the 49ers used to ba able to beat the Crds with Warner even when they were up and the 49ers were down, but man I'd hate re- watching those two games again.

He wasn't good in the 2nd Rams game and really struggled especially.
Yup.
He also missed a wide open williams for a sure td in the first
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
You probably didn't have to torture yourself by re watching those games again, you could have revisited the threads on the subject. The two conclusions you came to were discussed ad nauseum.

I just hope the team realized what the problem was and corrected it.

True
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
The Rams were built to win in the division and it shows on their record. Unfortunately for them that are not built to win outside the division.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
~ Akers
~ Wild backward, lateral, pitches near the goal line that result in TD's for the other team.

Don't do these and we are 2 - 0 in those games.

Even with the 2nd screw up, if Akers can make a damn kick that a professional kicker is expected to make, we win both games anyway.
Or if Kap could pass for some touchdowns...

He probably could if guys like Delanie Walker wouldn't drop a perfect TD pass (with plenty of "touch" on it, mind you).

Even without throwing TDs, if Akers makes the damn field goals he's expected to make, we win the damn games.
Originally posted by Loco49er:

There was also the stupid safety and running out of bounds at the end.

The stupid safety wasn't actually a safety. The stupid refs made a stupid call.

Even so, if Akers makes the field goals he's expected to make...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home