There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why do you guys think our offense looked lame?

Personally. I think it's a matter of two things. Mainly regarding our Pistol formation, which we used a lot against the Dolphins.

1. Our pistol offense is a new-ish package that we ran a lot in the game against the Fins for some reason. I dont know why we used to so much, but I think we would have looked sharper with offensive packages that this team has mastered.

2. Why were we throwing so much out of this pistol package? It's weird to try and throw so much out of a 3 RB set.
I think when we get a defense stacking the box then we have to beat man to man coverage. We also need to trust our recievers to beat man to man coverage.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
I think when we get a defense stacking the box then we have to beat man to man coverage. We also need to trust our recievers to beat man to man coverage.

Right. Ironically enough, I think the only receiver on our team who can do that right now that isnt hurt is Crabtree.
I don't think we looked lame BUT we just aren't hitting on all cylinders yet and it makes us look - not ready.

Slow getting out of huddle, having to use time-outs to avoid delay of gamer, penalty killing drives and more. IMO, these are growing pains and hopefully we get better sooner than later.

Teams that look lame - Jets, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Raiders.

Cards - they don't look lame they are terrible.
Delay of game
Penalties
Pass blocking
QB holding the ball too long in the pocket
Watch the game again. It wasn't as lame as your think. It just seems that way because of in game emotions.

After a rough start, we had like 4 straight scoring drives and controlled the game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Delay of game
Penalties
Pass blocking
QB holding the ball too long in the pocket

agree with all of that.. i think you have to put playcalling by jim or roman or whoever in there to
  • fly15
  • Veteran
its just gonna get better
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Watch the game again. It wasn't as lame as your think. It just seems that way because of in game emotions.

After a rough start, we had like 4 straight scoring drives and controlled the game.

but you agree we can not have a slow start the next two sundays. and esp vs the pats we just can not give brady extra chances with our penalties?
Lame? I'd say more "boring." REALLY BORING. Aside from the flea flicker (can you imagine if CK dropped the toss back and the Dolphins recovered? - LOL) and a few plays by James on the edge, nothing exciting to see at all. Bottom line: Roman is a college OC and we now (see CK, James and Jenkins) run a college offense...in the NFL.
NC, give me your thoughts about this qoute from Bellicheck.

Quote: With Kaepernick, the Niners are running with a full-house backfield, pressuring defenses to defend multiple potential ballcarriers in addition to receivers.

"They attack you everywhere; everybody has to do a good job (defensively)," said Belichick. "They can run inside, they can run outside, they can keep it, they play-action off it. Really, everybody has to be at the point of attack. No one player can stop it, no one guy can. Eleven guys have to play good team defense. I'm sure that's why they're doing it – is to try to put stress on every player on the defense and they do."

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Belichick-considers-Kaepernicks-impact?blockID=813067&feedID=3352

If you ask me, I think this QB drama has completely overshadowed the fact that the 49ers offense has evolved right before our eyes. It's innovating, in similar ways Kyle Shannahan is doing with RG3. It's just not as fluid because they're installing at mid-season, but it's going to get better!

The offense might seem boring to the average viewer but there is a method to the madness!
[ Edited by verb1der on Dec 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
The offense is evolving, all the pieces are in place with the possible exception of a burner at wide-out. The major question the team faces on the playoff road is if the passing attack can carry the load as defenses gear up to slow the running game down. Manningham is an integral part of the offense.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

2 field goals, and at least 1 short field because of fumble...last minute td
it certainly wasnt a vibrant offense
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The offense is evolving, all the pieces are in place with the possible exception of a burner at wide-out. The major question the team faces on the playoff road is if the passing attack can carry the load as defenses gear up to slow the running game down. Manningham is an integral part of the offense.

a burner would be nice, so would a big receiver, a brandon marshall type, which niners havent had since terrell owens
Penalties
D.O.G.
Running back that far into the end zone
Missed FGs

I wouldn't say we look lame, just need to be more polished.
ones that DO look lame are:

Jets, Jags, Raiders, Cards, Bills..lol
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM ]