There are 236 users in the forums

Can someone educate me on why Chris Culliver cant play the slot?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No surprise here

Grant Cohn ‏@grantcohn
Carlos Rogers says he'll be covering Wes Welker and Aaron Hernandez #49ers #Patriots http://bit.ly/XdM9BP
Def not one his better games but he kept fighting and made plays in the end. Props to Cully
[ Edited by Squidp on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Squidp:
Def not one his better geames but he kept fighting and made plays in the end. Props to Cully

190 yards id say terrible?
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
190 yards id say terrible?

Yeah pretty bad. I just wanted to point out that he didnt pull a Mike Rumph ( ) and hang his head. He kept fighting and made a big play towards the end of the game.
Culliver, if I'm not mistaken, is our biggest cornerback with speed, so naturally, Fangio has him on the outside where most teams put their largest and tallest prime receivers. Typically, the thing you want from the slot DB is quickness and cleverness more than raw speed and maybe Fangio thinks his best option for those traits right now is Rogers. Also, come on you guys, this was the fricking Patriots and you're all talking about a conservative defense after the team was up by 28 points. When Culliver was up jamming and playing tight, there wasn't nearly the success against him as there was later in the game. Culliver is going to be just fine.
Share 49ersWebzone