LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Has Our Running Game Been 'Figured Out'?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Axl49:
Isnt that why harbaugh is starting Kap.

No. He's better on third down. And has a better deep ball. and 1/8th of the price.

Im with you I think we should start Alex but there a reason he starts him its because of his big play ability like that. Thats like saying or redskins won only cause RG3 had 85 yards and rush td. Its still something that defenses have to stop. They know or should know Kap can run if they dont then that coaching staff and defense isnt doing there job.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we do not need gore to have 150 yards every game, a four headed monster of he, james, dixon and ck can easily get us 150 175 yards a game and i think that is ok
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The offense is evolving into a variety of different sets. With A.Smith it was limited to run first and play action off of that. If you run into a good team that can stop the run with its front 4 (See Giants Game)
  • titan
  • Veteran
They've been figured us out, they just couldn't stop us. We just need to stop killing our momentum with stupid penalties.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
we do not need gore to have 150 yards every game, a four headed monster of he, james, dixon and ck can easily get us 150 175 yards a game and i think that is ok

Thank you people get mad cause we run gore into the ground and when we find ways to rape on the ground with everyone involved people complain.
Under Roman, our offense lacks variety and it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too predictable. To add insult to injury, none of our receivers put the fear of god into any team. Crabtree, Manningham and Moss (at his advanced age) are nothing but big possession receivers.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that teams can load up the box because they know the Niners can't beat you deep. Simple as that.

This team is desperate for a Torrey Smith type of receiver especially now that we have a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
Under Roman, our offense lacks variety and it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too predictable. To add insult to injury, none of our receivers put the fear of god into any team. Crabtree, Manningham and Moss (at his advanced age) are nothing but big possession receivers.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that teams can load up the box because they know the Niners can't beat you deep. Simple as that.

This team is desperate for a Torrey Smith type of receiver especially now that we have a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball.

Jenkins was open twice last sunday and I was screaming for kap to throw it deep. What good is a qb with big arm if he cant see it or know the play well enough to attack deep. VD was wide open on couple plays deep twice too. At least Alex attempted to go deep.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i do not think we are lacking for any wide outs esp when mario is in there. vernon, when he plays and is involved, can go deep. no i am thinking our coaches, roman or whoever, are not the genius some think they are. we have been outcoached bad in our losses.. now do not tell me that i hate jh and wish nolan were back
Jenkins was open twice last sunday and I was screaming for kap to throw it deep. What good is a qb with big arm if he cant see it or know the play well enough to attack deep. VD was wide open on couple plays deep twice too. At least Alex attempted to go deep.

It's a good question. Wish our OL would give CK more time to deliver the long ball. Also wondering if Roman/Harbaugh have the handcuffs on Kaep purposely limiting his long throws....

Guys he will get there, he hasn't played enough games in the NFL yet. Kap will start going through his progressions with more familiarity and figuring out what his read are.

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
You may stop Frank Gore for a run or two here and there, but there isn't a RB in the league that can top his vision, balance, and patience. He will get his yards, especially towards the end of the game.

Gore runs out of gas after 20 yards...

I agree that he doesn't have that second gear anymore, but you can't deny his ability to run between the tackles. He used to be the outside the tackles guy, but obviously the RB position gets beat up and you lose that speed over time.
you have to add Kaep in now as part of the running totals. I think the run game is fine. But two things need to happen to keep it fine.

1. Gore needs to stay fresh, so James and Dixon need some carries also--I think a 3 headed monster is great.
2. The passing game has to be effective to keep defenses from stacking the box. The last couple weeks we have been hurt with lack of WR depth. The team needs to
get Crabtree, Moss, Manningham ( please get healthy first) and AJ Jenkins all involved in a solid passing game along with Davis and Walker. If James can help
here too--awesome.

It's a good question. Wish our OL would give CK more time to deliver the long ball. Also wondering if Roman/Harbaugh have the handcuffs on Kaep purposely limiting his long throws....

^This definitely.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

^This definitely.
Im not saying Kap trash just like you guys said. He will get there BUT we too damn late in the season for that crap. Either he is or isnt cause teams like Pats, Seattle, GB and Giants in playoffs are not gonna care if he ready or not. Unleash his big arm. The deep balls are and were there last week and we have speedsters on the team AKA VD the biggest TE threat in the NFL yet we refuse to use him. Roman pisses me off more than he makes me happpy with his college plays when we need a big play the most.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:

^This definitely.
the o lline pass protection was horse s**t last year, they did nothing to fix it other than to draft a kid with a broken foot,, it has been horses**t in all but two games this year. they have not shown any ability to fix it so we are just going to have to deal with it. does not exaactly fill me with confidence as we move forward in a crucial part of the year vs two very good defenses, on the road
Share 49ersWebzone