There are 188 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
^haha no, i get what you're saying.

but even goodell talks about "making the same safer within the spirit of the game" (or something like that). Goldson's hit was within the spirit of the game and he didn't intend to injure Hernandez.

i agree with the people that say soon players are gonna start going for WR's knees.

lol the "player saftey" angle is b******t.

The players have become a valuable asset and the owners need them protected. Also, they are in danger of losing billions in player lawsuits so now they are just protecting against liability for these types of suits.

"Player safety" is just a smokescreen to hide the fact that this is all about money. It always is.

i agree 100%.

where i work safety is a big deal also. so i can read in between the lines on what Goodell is saying and know it's a bunch of crap, because i hear a lot of the same stuff everyday also........

but yeah, i meant to put more focus on the "spirit of the game" part........ which is where i feel Goldson's hit was... or at least should be... legal.

Yeah i gotcha. Looked legal in super slo mo. Real time it can go either way.

Its arbitrary, which makes it a dumb ass rule. Just like that old "force out" rule. "He would have caught it in bounds." How dumb is that.
^haha no, i get what you're saying.

but even goodell talks about "making the same safer within the spirit of the game" (or something like that). Goldson's hit was within the spirit of the game and he didn't intend to injure Hernandez.

i agree with the people that say soon players are gonna start going for WR's knees.

lol the "player saftey" angle is b******t.

The players have become a valuable asset and the owners need them protected. Also, they are in danger of losing billions in player lawsuits so now they are just protecting against liability for these types of suits.

"Player safety" is just a smokescreen to hide the fact that this is all about money. It always is.

i agree 100%.

where i work safety is a big deal also. so i can read in between the lines on what Goodell is saying and know it's a bunch of crap, because i hear a lot of the same stuff everyday also........

but yeah, i meant to put more focus on the "spirit of the game" part........ which is where i feel Goldson's hit was... or at least should be... legal.

Yeah i gotcha. Looked legal in super slo mo. Real time it can go either way.

Its arbitrary, which makes it a dumb ass rule. Just like that old "force out" rule. "He would have caught it in bounds." How dumb is that.

we could go on forever if we looked through the rulebook.
Originally posted by Garcia:
they are reviewing the fumble by walker on NFL by their rules analyst.

They are saying its a blown call and he didn't complete the process.

Yep. Just saw the piece of NFL Network. Analyst said that the booth officiating crew never called down to the head official (Hochuli) to go over the play. That was not a catch and fumble by any NFL standard.

And to be honest, there is no doubt that the refs were HEAVY favoring the Pats in that game.

Brady spikes the ball and has words to say to the ref = no penalty.

No call PI on Whitner = automatic PI flag on Brown on the very next play, for feet tangled up.

The refs did everything in their power to help the Pats win it at the end. No holding calls on any Pats olinemen, even though our guys were getting maulled.

Damn pathetic. This game could have easily been a 55-[fill in the blank] blowout.
Why is this thread open? Move on. Seattle is the focus.
Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:

this
Originally posted by JD9671:
Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:

this

Do we look like the players? They have to move on to Seattle. We can relish this game for as long as we want.

Originally posted by Garcia:
they are reviewing the fumble by walker on NFL by their rules analyst.

They are saying its a blown call and he didn't complete the process.

It was obvious to me when it happened that it was a an incomplete pass. I just figured that since we were playing the Pats, a few calls were going to fall in their favor.

Seems to happen to every team that plays the Pats.
Pats get away with so much , it's a shame refs are afraid to piss off Tom brady
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Pats get away with so much , it's a shame refs are afraid to piss off Tom brady

Yea, the non-flag on the blatant spike and him yelling at the ref all but solidified that the NFL is on Tom Brady's nuts and wouldn't dare talk back to him.

we won who cares seattle is next i wanna kick their ass
Originally posted by baltien:
Yea, the non-flag on the blatant spike and him yelling at the ref all but solidified that the NFL is on Tom Brady's nuts and wouldn't dare talk back to him.

I also noticed the refs not throw a penalty for delay game penalty on Brady. I think his girlie shreek threw them off their A-game.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:

I also noticed the refs not throw a penalty for delay game penalty on Brady. I think his girlie shreek threw them off their A-game.

Maybe if our boys wore Ugg Boots they'd get more respect.

Originally posted by MntIdaGold:

Ourr QB has tattoos, their QB wears girls shoes.
Share 49ersWebzone