There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM ]
Just seen a highlight and I forgot about that hit gore took and I thought he blew out his knee !!! Reminded me of Hearst

Idk how gore survived
Originally posted by CityKing415:
no plays from our game on NFLN top 10 of the week.. wtf..

NFL Media stay hatin.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Goodell may be the single worst thing to happen to the nfl

THIS x's 9294893479237482371982012839831208

What a joke he is
What about that hit Hernandez took from Goldson ?! that was pure football. If that wasn't a clean legal hit then wat the hell are we watching ?!
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by Mankster:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
That Brady meltdown did deserve an unsportsmanlike conduct flag, especially when you look at some of the other incidents when the flag has been thrown. I've always been a Niner fan, but I've liked Brady a lot. I have to admit my opinion of him went way down during and after this game. He wasn't a very gracious loser at the podium, was he. He didn't give the Niner defense any credit for creating those turnovers - they were just their failure to "execute" in his mind. I saw a very physical defense that created turnovers. I say Whitner's helmet on the ball. I saw the Patriots tight end take a huge hit and then go alligator arms on the next play causing an interception. Brady didn't seem to give the Niners credit for anything.

My opinion of him sank before the game even began. ...when he does the old farmer blow of his nose while everyone is to be observing a moment of silence in honor of the tragedy. Sorry example.

Didn't notice that, but I agree. I have always liked Brady, his story of being a six round pick and rising to become one of the best QB's in the League, possibly ever. Just watching him last night really lowered my opinion, he's still a great QB but I have little respect for him now.
According to Brady we were spotted 28 points. He's acting like the age of his jersey number. Man up.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
What about that hit Hernandez took from Goldson ?! that was pure football. If that wasn't a clean legal hit then wat the hell are we watching ?!

It wasn't a penalty but the league may be getting sued for a lot of money by people taking head hits. It sucks, but I understand them calling "iffy" hits. They have to do something to protect the players and if it's even a question they should throw the flags. It's all about protecting the players, it sucks, but I understand. I wasn't too pissed about that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

It wasn't a penalty but the league may be getting sued for a lot of money by people taking head hits. It sucks, but I understand them calling "iffy" hits. They have to do something to protect the players and if it's even a question they should throw the flags. It's all about protecting the players, it sucks, but I understand. I wasn't too pissed about that.

I heard Eric Davis talking on KNBR and he said something very interesting. What if Goldson opted to hit Hernandez low, and Hernandez sustained a career ending knee injury? The NFL would be perfectly fine with that because players can't sue for knee injuries. Even though the result of the hit would be devastating, the NFL would tell Hernandez "tough luck, you knew the risks of playing this game, no compensation for you". The NFL doesn't give a flying f**k about player safety.

It was a good, clean, football play by Goldson. You can't tell players to not hit too hard. Goldson has every right to hit Hernandez and try to force the ball loose. If it was helmet-to-helmet contact, then fine. But that wasn't the call. It was for hitting a defenseless receiver. How can Hernandez be defenseless when he has the ball in his grasp?
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I heard Eric Davis talking on KNBR and he said something very interesting. What if Goldson opted to hit Hernandez low, and Hernandez sustained a career ending knee injury? The NFL would be perfectly fine with that because players can't sue for knee injuries. Even though the result of the hit would be devastating, the NFL would tell Hernandez "tough luck, you knew the risks of playing this game, no compensation for you". The NFL doesn't give a flying f**k about player safety.

It was a good, clean, football play by Goldson. You can't tell players to not hit too hard. Goldson has every right to hit Hernandez and try to force the ball loose. If it was helmet-to-helmet contact, then fine. But that wasn't the call. It was for hitting a defenseless receiver. How can Hernandez be defenseless when he has the ball in his grasp?
Not even a grasp, Hernandez had the ball in his hands, that was a terrible call.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Thats what i'm saying. We got that pick on the next play because he was still shaken to the core. It was a beautiful hit and it was pure football. What were we suppose to let him secure the ball ? What is this two hand touch ? Goodell really is turning this into WWE, he must really be a Vince McMahon fan because its like hes trying to be this football business man, lets make money first villain. Its really disturbing. The whole Bounty thing everything is just ridiculous. I love football but never would I have imagined seeing somebody like Brees blasting an NFL Commisioner like its nothing. At the end of the day the refs weren't bending for the Pats like they used to.
I even saw one of the refs in the 1st quarter tell Brady after he got dropped and tried to complain... " Let em play." Nothing wrong with playing it safe but get the dam calls right.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

Not even a grasp, Hernandez had the ball in his hands, that was a terrible call.

It wasn't a terrible call. It's the new RULE. Those are the new rules of the game. Blame the people who make the rules, but the refs called the play correctly.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

it actually worked either way, because they went right back to hernandez on the screen and he alligator armed it
Originally posted by 49erJim:
BRADY AND WELKER ARE TWINS!! WAH WAH WAH ALL NIGHT LONG. I FELT SORRY FOR THEIR TEAM MATES. the play where welker stopped DURNING the play was awesome......what a baby. I WANT MY JUICE BOX IS CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!

Two of biggest cry babies in the nfl, its disgusting watching these two whine whenever things don't go their way!!! Where was the penalty on Brady for spiking the football and then ******** at the refs????
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
even after he got sacked, he looked at the ref like, "why aren't you throwing a flag?" I think it was on a Macdonald sack. His arm brushed bradys' facemask. I'm sure he wanted a personal foul.
Share 49ersWebzone