LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Niners Defense is going to take us to the Playoffs , but Smith gives us best chance for SB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners D is ferocious and is a nightmare for opposing teams to prepare for. We all know that the Defense steps up and puts the team into positions to win games ...nothing new. Our offense has been the talk during the offseason as well as throughout the season. With Alex Smith having his best year as a starter who proudly led the team to key victories over the last two years deserves to be the starter because he is just as good as CK for now and in a very different way. Smith was not flashy nor an elite stat QB but what he brought to the field every sunday was the respect of everyone on the team which translates to a more stable offense that can sustain long drives and FINISH GAMES. He brought a calmness yet competitive aura to the field that every player was touched by. Now I am not saying CK will not become the teams future QB as he already is but at this point in the year i have to disagree with this decision as Smith is very talented in a different way than CK who offers things Smith does not but vice versa. I liked the chemistry with Smith and the WR's and really feel badly for him as he has been through the washing machine most of his career if not all of it ...much warranted but this time it was the wrong decision in my opinion.
IBTL. I don't see a need for another Kaep vs. Alex thread.
justified opinion reg530, as many pro players say "it's a biz" and such, with ASmith's roster bonus in March 2013, Kaep's being JH's qb-2nd rd pk n an oppty of gaining valuable exp, 9ers chances of jus getting into the playoffs regardless of seed, Tolzien being a 3rd yr. backup in 2013 and players that need consideration to extend/resign.....yeah, "it is a business, afterall."
If we blow out the Dolphins...
Originally posted by 4089er:
justified opinion reg530, as many pro players say "it's a biz" and such, with ASmith's roster bonus in March 2013, Kaep's being JH's qb-2nd rd pk n an oppty of gaining valuable exp, 9ers chances of jus getting into the playoffs regardless of seed, Tolzien being a 3rd yr. backup in 2013 and players that need consideration to extend/resign.....yeah, "it is a business, afterall."

spot on it is a business after all but i just still disagree with the change but oh well i have faith in Jim and the coaching staff that they had ample reasoning to make the switch and all we can do is sit back and watch i feel bad for smith but i hope him the best as i enjoyed watching him come into his own and then being benched but life goes on.
oh ok
Paragraphs please.
This is new.
LOL Smith gives you the best chance to get to the SB? How he look against actual good defenses like the Vikes and G-Men this yr? Anyone can dump off the ball and throw short passes. Not surprised Smith has a good PR and TD/INT ratio; most of his throws are freakin underneath! Doesn't help either that he sucks when he's faced with any type of pressure.

Kap actually gives opposing defenses something to worry about. And that is the deep ball and his mobility. Stretches the field way better then Smith ever could. Also is a lot better escaping the rush and flat out just making plays. Sure Kap had 1 bad game against the Rams last week and a few mistakes to go along with it, but as time goes on and with a little bit more experience, he should limit those mistakes and eventually make them non-existent. If his play resembles anything like it did against the Bears and Saints going forward, no doubt in my mind would he give you guys the best chance to get to the SB. Much better then Smith could.
why not talk about CK and Smith when it is the biggest story of the year and when valuable insight is offered why do you have a problem with that. i know it is repetitive but it should be since the magnitude the decision carry's for the future of the niners. Anyway I feel that Smith should be our starter for reasons stated above and have raised valid arguments for my opinions so try and post back with actual intellectual posts rather than knocking the post which if you even read it offers a great opinion of the QB situation currently unfolding.

Originally posted by RamsFan39:
LOL Smith gives you the best chance to get to the SB? How he look against actual good defenses like the Vikes and G-Men this yr? Anyone can dump off the ball and throw short passes. Not surprised Smith has a good PR and TD/INT ratio; most of his throws are freakin underneath! Doesn't help either that he sucks when he's faced with any type of pressure.

Kap actually gives opposing defenses something to worry about. And that is the deep ball and his mobility. Stretches the field way better then Smith ever could. Also is a lot better escaping the rush and flat out just making plays. Sure Kap had 1 bad game against the Rams last week and a few mistakes to go along with it, but as time goes on and with a little bit more experience, he should limit those mistakes and eventually make them non-existent. If his play resembles anything like it did against the Bears and Saints going forward, no doubt in my mind would he give you guys the best chance to get to the SB. Much better then Smith could.

If i recall Smith did get us within one game of the SB last year and had nothing to do with losing the game when it came down to it. Without those two fumbles it would have been a waaay different game and so for you to say that, it is clear that you are anti smith when he did put us into position to win it all and continued that confidence into this year and was having the best year to date. I know he had a horrible start but i feel that CK does offer things that smith cant and vice versa but in the long run Ck is the future and i agree with you on that but for this season i disagree with the decision.
true that reg530, IMHO, human nature being what it is,...have a problem with ASmith making all that $$$$ and not producing to the expectations of a #1 pick and compare/regardless of the fact that ARodgers had the optty of sitting for 4 yrs and learning behind Favre.....nevertheless, yes..its sad to witness ASmith's trials and tribulations of an unstable franchise until JYork stepped upped n hired Balkke/Harbaugh .....
Ohhhh ok. Well I'll put Alex back in then...
Originally posted by regulator530:
If i recall Smith did get us within one game of the SB last year and had nothing to do with losing the game when it came down to it. Without those two fumbles it would have been a waaay different game and so for you to say that, it is clear that you are anti smith when he did put us into position to win it all and continued that confidence into this year and was having the best year to date. I know he had a horrible start but i feel that CK does offer things that smith cant and vice versa but in the long run Ck is the future and i agree with you on that but for this season i disagree with the decision.

Nah not really Anti-Smith, just think Kap gives you a much better chance at getting to the SB.

Large part in you guys making it to the NFC championship game last yr was because of your defense. Without it, I highly doubt you would of gotten that far. Hell, may of not even made the playoffs. All Smith did was manage games and tried not to screw them up. That's all he had to do. With a better QB, you guys prob would of won it all last season.

It may be unfair to a lot of ppl here (esp to the Pro-Smith guys) that he was benched because of 1 concussion and as of late still hasn't gotten his job back but that's life. Harbaugh wants to see how "his guy" performs and I truly believe he thinks that he (Kap) gives you the best chance to win. That's why he is the starter right now over Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone