There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The injury bug rears its head at the worst time

What the Niners almost completely evaded as a team in 2011 is now ravaging the team at a most inopportune time.

Williams
Hunter
Manningham
Brown
Akers
Aldon Smith
Gore

Granted Aldon, Akers, and Gore are playing, but playing hurt is still not ideal.

I think the Hunter injury has a paramount impact on this team. He's a huge part of what the Niners do on offense.

I know other teams have things far worse in that category but it's starting to really take its toll on the team right when they're making the push for the postseason.
Agree I just hope that Manningham and Akers can get healthy and that Gores injury doesn't get worse. We really need Jacobs and LMJ to come up big without Hunter around
Every player is playing hurt at this team this year. No big deal. There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured.
Yeah I just lost Ryan Broyles and Percy Harvin from my team.
This is the time when we're going to depend on that depth that we supposedly have so much of.
Culliver is apparently ill.
i really hope mario is not seriously imjured. we should handle the fins without him, but losing him long term would be really bad.
please god lets just hope aldon is alrite! i think he would be the biggest blow to our team. if we dont have him constantly harassing QBs then we will have a huge problem.

Gore too!!!

hunter, although really good, can be replaced by LMJ
Williams can be replaced by Jenkins
Manningham doesnt look serious but we have good depth with moss and ginn
akers doesnt look too serious and if it is then we can sign another kicker
brown doesnt look serious and we have good depth with cox culliver and brock

So please....aldon has to be healthy for us to be a legit superbowl team!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Every player is playing hurt at this team this year. No big deal. There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured.

Said all season that this draft class is going to come back and bite us in the ass. The arguement against that has alays been depth. We shall see i guess.

I missed the hamstring injury to brown untill seeing him listed in this thread. Brown being out for any amount of time will hurt.
Show me a starter on any team who isn't hurt and ill show you a liar. Its that point of the season. Its how they deal with it that matters.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for Bay2Bay9erAllday.
I think this will be our down fall down the road.(i hope I'm wrong)

We already saw the impact of not having Hunter, in the running game. Im starting to get very worried...
Is Akers not going to start? Wonder who will take his place.
You have to expect Gore to get hurt at the end of the season every year.
While I'm not pleased we have players out due to injury, I'll say that we're still A LOT healthier than other teams.

:: Knocks on wood:::
If you notice, the strengths of our team are extremely healthy -- the offensive line hasn't lost a guy, and our front seven on defense is very healthy.

It hurts to lose Kendall Hunter and Kyle Williams for the year, but they're back-ups. Frank Gore, though we hate having him play that much, is an every-down back, and STILL has a log-jam of spell backs behind him in Dixon, Jacobs, and James.

At WR, we have yet to play our first-round pick, who can play all three positions. Kyle Williams wasn't having a lot of productivity at the slot anyway. (It hurts if we lose Manningham for a meaningful amount of time though. He's a very solid receiver for moving the chains. Great complement to Crabtree and Moss).

It's not great like last year, when we had virtually no major injuries, but we're far from suffering. Other teams throughout the league have had entire offenses or defenses torn apart by injury for weeks at a time.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
While I'm not pleased we have players out due to injury, I'll say that we're still A LOT healthier than other teams.

:: Knocks on wood:::
If you notice, the strengths of our team are extremely healthy -- the offensive line hasn't lost a guy, and our front seven on defense is very healthy.

It hurts to lose Kendall Hunter and Kyle Williams for the year, but they're back-ups. Frank Gore, though we hate having him play that much, is an every-down back, and STILL has a log-jam of spell backs behind him in Dixon, Jacobs, and James.

At WR, we have yet to play our first-round pick, who can play all three positions. Kyle Williams wasn't having a lot of productivity at the slot anyway. (It hurts if we lose Manningham for a meaningful amount of time though. He's a very solid receiver for moving the chains. Great complement to Crabtree and Moss).

It's not great like last year, when we had virtually no major injuries, but we're far from suffering. Other teams throughout the league have had entire offenses or defenses torn apart by injury for weeks at a time.

Last year was much worse. Our WR core was decimated by the NFC Championship game. We had Brett Swain playing alot of the game at WR.

Hopefully we can get healthy, but it would have been nice if we could have gotten those wins against the rams so some guys could have had rest at the end of the season.