There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Hurt much?

I don't see why you're so heavily invested in what the coach does! I mean it doesn't affect you in any way, unless you're Alex Smith!

Thought the mods were trying to encourage discussion to stick to the players, coaches, and team? Why come at me, bro?

I'm not trying to, just trying to understand why the hate for someone who did not/does not affect your life whatsoever (minus being a fan of the team).

Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he should rip that patch off his jersey and throw it at harbaughs face. Then again, he'd just throw it a few feet short or over his head.

If I'm Alex, I ask to be removed.

It has to be embarrassing as hell for him going out there as a captain.
This is is totally up to the team.
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Hurt much?

I don't see why you're so heavily invested in what the coach does! I mean it doesn't affect you in any way, unless you're Alex Smith!

Thought the mods were trying to encourage discussion to stick to the players, coaches, and team? Why come at me, bro?

I'm not trying to, just trying to understand why the hate for someone who did not/does not affect your life whatsoever (minus being a fan of the team).

Not trying to, perhaps, but that's what ya did.

Anyway, what happens with the 49ers strongly does affect my life... sad as that may be. I prize loyalty and integrity at the top of my list, and I am simply not as accepting of what Jim has done. That doesn't mean I am not squeezing my beer as I hope we score a TD on every play... or that I have taken my sniper rifle off the wall with plans to use it anytime soon.

... but when I see an injustice done regarding my team? and when I feel that our SB hopes this year are crumbling fast? Yeah... that does affect my disposition.

Hurt much?

Not trying to, perhaps, but that's what ya did.

Anyway, what happens with the 49ers strongly does affect my life... sad as that may be. I prize loyalty and integrity at the top of my list, and I am simply not as accepting of what Jim has done. That doesn't mean I am not squeezing my beer as I hope we score a TD on every play... or that I have taken my sniper rifle off the wall with plans to use it anytime soon.

... but when I see an injustice done regarding my team? and when I feel that our SB hopes this year are crumbling fast? Yeah... that does affect my disposition.

Then I apologize for offending you.

I still question why it should affect you, the coach's moves, but you are free to do whatever. I just find it... weird.

Alex Smith has been Team Captain twice and both times he lost his starting job lol

I still question why it should affect you, the coach's moves, but you are free to do whatever. I just find it... weird.

I don't know how to be any more clear, I guess. How could I not be affected? I see our HC screwing over the very QB that has helped win so many games and came within Kyle's stupid muffs from a SB. Then said QB is 6-2... is the 3rd rated passer in the league... with the 3rd best in offensive efficiency... and he's.. benched?

Ouch... I can not see how that leaves any of us feeling all warm and cozy over such a betrayal. It literally makes me clench my jaw and fists. Sure... if this happened to another productive player... say like Frank Gore for Hunter? I'd still be pissed off... but I am more so becauseof Alex's history of being screwed over in the past.. something Jim himself lamented over back in 2011. So he turns around and does this to Alex after that? That's messed up.. and should make us all want to take a shower. (no, not together)... Add to that, I was feeling convinced that Alex would hoist the SB. I put things off in my life to open room to really absorb this season's SB run. And now? I feel quite sure that this decision to start the inexperienced QB has minimized that SB chance.
Why should Alex give up being a captain? You think Keap would do the same if he gets benched? I don't think there is much love lost between these two. Alex is out next year so why not ride it out as captain? Jim is going to split this team for no reason.

I don't know how to be any more clear, I guess. How could I not be affected? I see our HC screwing over the very QB that has helped win so many games and came within Kyle's stupid muffs from a SB. Then said QB is 6-2... is the 3rd rated passer in the league... with the 3rd best in offensive efficiency... and he's.. benched?

Ouch... I can not see how that leaves any of us feeling all warm and cozy over such a betrayal. It literally makes me clench my jaw and fists. Sure... if this happened to another productive player... say like Frank Gore for Hunter? I'd still be pissed off... but I am more so becauseof Alex's history of being screwed over in the past.. something Jim himself lamented over back in 2011. So he turns around and does this to Alex after that? That's messed up.. and should make us all want to take a shower. (no, not together)... Add to that, I was feeling convinced that Alex would hoist the SB. I put things off in my life to open room to really absorb this season's SB run. And now? I feel quite sure that this decision to start the inexperienced QB has minimized that SB chance.

2 things:

1) My bad for bringing this up in the wrong thread to discuss. Wrong topic of the thread.

2) With #1 being said, at the end of the day, for us fans, IT'S ONLY A GAME!

But enough of this on this thread....

We'd have to put him on suicide watch if he was stripped of that too
No. hes the back up for crying out loud
Originally posted by strickac:
We'd have to put him on suicide watch if he was stripped of that too

Wow - some caustic comments. I agree it might be awkward - but I think it is a testament to the team believing in him as a person even if he isn't the starter. It has been clear from the comments of Gore, Staley, VD, and others that a tremedous amount of respect remains for Alex and his past dedication to the team.
I voted yes, he should be released from the team which would make it tough to be the captain.