There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Should Alex be removed from being a team captain

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
He was an obvious PBM from his first post.

Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
Did that dude realy just get banned lol...

Oh ....I was gonna say kinda harsh....I only ask cuzz recently I was banned for no reason and when I asked why my ansewr was they thought I was a pbm..but that was not the case...this must happen a lot huh..
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he should rip that patch off his jersey and throw it at harbaughs face. Then again, he'd just throw it a few feet short or over his head.

Oh ....I was gonna say kinda harsh....I only ask cuzz recently I was banned for no reason and when I asked why my ansewr was they thought I was a pbm..but that was not the case...this must happen a lot huh..

Volatile topic...no tolerance policy. There is some serious emotional history tied to it.

Glad your welcome party didn't scare you off.

Did that dude realy just get banned lol...

Welcome to our world! But yes, the guy was a pbm.
He should claim his right of prima noctis...
If I was Alex, I'd pull a real classy move by taking the C patch and giving it to Kaep as a vote of confidence, that would be a total team-player type move and it would further add to his resume of being a class guy!

That's better than being trolled on gameday for the rest of the season by having to walk out for the coin toss when you know it's no longer your team.
Originally posted by verb1der:
If I was Alex, I'd pull a real classy move by taking the C patch and giving it to Kaep as a vote of confidence, that would be a total team-player type move and it would further add to his resume of being a class guy!

That's better than being trolled on gameday for the rest of the season by having to walk out for the coin toss when you know it's no longer your team.

Man, that would be a great act of humility, I don't think most could do at this stage, let alone think about. But, that would be very cool.

I like the idea, but if I were Alex I'd wait a few more games. Maybe before the playoffs.

Cool thought though.

No, I think it would make him look like a complete vag. He needs to fight for his job back, and that doesn't include relinquishing his elected role as team captain.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

I agree. I really wanted to believe in Jim's integrity and sincerity as a man. Now? I admit that my regard for him as a person was far too exceeding and above him.

I'm afraid I agree. No question he was able to turn this team around though.

Explain to me how starting who he feels is the best choice shows lack of integrity.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

No, I think it would make him look like a complete vag. He needs to fight for his job back, and that doesn't include relinquishing his elected role as team captain.

Agree. Taking away his team captain role is ridiculous. It's voted on by the players. Alex "giving" the captain title to Kap would yes, make him look like a vag and 2, would show disrespect to his teammates.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for bluecoller49ninerfan.
Originally posted by English:
Welcome to our world! But yes, the guy was a pbm.

Well that sucks that you guys have to deal with that. Thx and I'm glad to be here.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:

Agree. Taking away his team captain role is ridiculous. It's voted on by the players. Alex "giving" the captain title to Kap would yes, make him look like a vag and 2, would show disrespect to his teammates.

You guys have a point...but I think it can be interpreted as a slight gesture of how he's handling this sensitive issue, by giving the C to Kaep, he would set a great example to the team, that its not always about "me", its about the team.

Yea he can fight for his job back, but I don't think he wants to be a distraction or a locker room cancer when he knows damn well the team is focused on winning a Superbowl.
Lol..thx and no way this sight is to good not to fight for...
[ Edited by bluecoller49ninerfan on Dec 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Nah... I like it. It's so bizarre and keeps it a fresh reminder of the betrayal of HC to player for all the world to see and talk about. I know he'd like nothing better than to hide Alex under a box to try and further mitigate the backstabbing, but too bad... the football world is fully aware now. As good as a large flashing sign stating "Don't come to play for Jim Harbaugh...because you may play well, get injured, and never see your job again. And for Jeebus' sake, never listen or trust a thing the man has to say to you."

Its funny a lot of us have been saying this since Harbaugh signed with us, but it wasnt until Alex was benched that everyone started to agree with it.

Originally posted by DonJulio:

I agree with the first part, but not the second. Teams desire players not just on skill, but overall attitude and conduct. Kaepernick IS the starter, and Smith has already publicly announced he doesn't like it. If he got with his treammates and said, "Look, I'm pissed about the switch and some of you don't like either. But Coach made his decision and Kaepernick hasn't done anything wrong. Let's rally behind him and make him captain for the good of the team."

I'm not at all saying this should be *expected* of him, but it would be the ultimate classy move. The only people who would see it as "weak" are those who are frothing at the mouth angry about the switch, and want him to tell Harbaugh to F-off.