There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is the cause for all the penalties??

What is the cause for all the penalties??

Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Because our O-Line is playing like absolute garbage, ruining huge plays on holding calls, Goodwin can't snap when QB is in shotgun, more holding calls, and Joe Staley and others being highly overrated by fans and media

I concur.. I believe our oline outside of Iupati and Davis is greatly overrated..
Tuakafu or whatever his name is STILL does not know how to go in motion. Or when he stays in a 3-point stance he has trouble holding it, has been called on it and was lucky he got away with it a couple other times.

But the bigger issue there is that HarRoman have become way too infatuated with this Jumbo package, just as they did with the WildKaep earlier in the year until it blew up in their faces vs. NYG.

I'd take a few less Jumbo formation runs up the middle for 2-yds and trade for a few more attempts to get #85 the ball.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Because our O-Line is playing like absolute garbage, ruining huge plays on holding calls, Goodwin can't snap when QB is in shotgun, more holding calls, and Joe Staley and others being highly overrated by fans and media

I concur.. I believe our oline outside of Iupati and Davis is greatly overrated..

The more I see and read, the more I feel that Goodwin occupies one of the very few (2-3) spots where the 49ers are going to actively seek out a replacement.
Originally posted by cciowa:
its been this way all year long in regards to pass protection.. i will give you the bears and the saints where they were good but thats it.. we sucked last year in this area, they did nothing but draft a kid with a busted foot to fix it and its the same thing this year.

I think the OL is better this year, but the QB switch might have set the line back. Each QB has certain tendencies that the OL has to accommodate. When everything goes well, no problem, but when the other team manages to put the right personnel in, troubles automatically come.
Leonard Davis
The penalties need to stop. But I still firmly believe that the Goldson personal foul and the safety were horrendous calls by the officials, and our players should not be blamed for those.