There are 131 users in the forums

who else is very very very very very unhappyt about the qb change?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i cannot understand how harbaugh can think that kapernick gives us a better chance at a suberbowl championship.... i mean after what happend last season,, harbaugh came in with no off season and still made alex smith a winning qb...i say i winning qb...

i know hes no brees or brady or those type of QB'S but he transformed into WINNING QB ....i know you all know this but this season alex has had a very high completion percentage and qb rating....alex gets a concussion and the 2nd string fills in just like he is suppodesd to do...

kap gets us a tie against the rams.... plays GREAT agaimst the bearss. plays solid against the saints and plays decent against the rams.....but HE is the reason why we lost...... not sayiong he didnt throw a perfect pass to delaniw walker...but he made plenty of mistakes that ALEX woulde not hve made....

Yea KAP can be xplosive....but how many interceptions are going to come with that explosiveness???

alex won us 6 games out of 8...i know our defense contributed to thosr wins too...but from what i see ALEX SMITH gives us a better chance to win

who sees a rookie qb, who started their first game in the 9th game of a season,win in the playoffs and win a championship?
i sure as hell dont!!!!!
i know kap is a very good qb and i hope the best for him and i hope he takes us all the way BUT he is a ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alex is a VET!!! i know he doesnt have a very good track record...but under harbugh he DOES!!!!!!!!!!

harbaughh thru him under the bus and i really really hope it doesnt backfire on him!!!!!!!
i cannot understand how harbaugh can think that kapernick gives us a better chance at a suberbowl championship.... i mean after what happend last season,, harbaugh came in with no off season and still made alex smith a winning qb...i say i winning qb...

i know hes no brees or brady or those type of QB'S but he transformed into WINNING QB ....i know you all know this but this season alex has had a very high completion percentage and qb rating....alex gets a concussion and the 2nd string fills in just like he is suppodesd to do...

kap gets us a tie against the rams.... plays GREAT agaimst the bearss. plays solid against the saints and plays decent against the rams.....but HE is the reason why we lost...... not sayiong he didnt throw a perfect pass to delaniw walker...but he made plenty of mistakes that ALEX woulde not hve made....

Yea KAP can be xplosive....but how many interceptions are going to come with that explosiveness???

alex won us 6 games out of 8...i know our defense contributed to thosr wins too...but from what i see ALEX SMITH gives us a better chance to win

who sees a rookie qb, who started their first game in the 9th game of a season,win in the playoffs and win a championship?
i sure as hell dont!!!!!
i know kap is a very good qb and i hope the best for him and i hope he takes us all the way BUT he is a ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alex is a VET!!! i know he doesnt have a very good track record...but under harbugh he DOES!!!!!!!!!!

harbaughh thru him under the bus and i really really hope it doesnt backfire on him!!!!!!!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I'd say he is one of the reasons we lost. Offensive coordinator, David Akers, Ted Ginn all should had a hand in this lose. Kaepernick also put the ball in Walkers hands for a possible game winning TD, he also put Akers in position to win the game.

Alex when he makes mistakes is unable to rally this team to a win. Sure he doesnot make many mistakes now but he doesnot make many plays thats why he averages under 200 yds for a carear and is horrible on third downs. By the way Kaepernick is pretty decent on third downs and has way more drops than alex.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Also if you watched the Monday night game the Redskins were very effective using that pistol Offense. Made me think Kaepernick gives us the best chance to beat the Giants in the play offs, should they meet up.
It's tough for those who like Smith. Especially after the way we lost this game, because people are imagining that play not happening with Alex Smith. It was such an agonizing loss that it makes the loss of Smith even harder to bear for his fans.

However, Kaep is the real deal. I think we are a better team with Kaepernick; Harbaugh believes this too. This does not mean that Alex Smith's greatest strengths will be matched by Kaepernick. We have LOST something by taking Smith off the field; this makes it difficult for his fans. But we have GAINED a lot with Kaepernick. We have gained more than we have lost, IMO, and in Harbaugh's opinion.

We are very likely not going to change it back from Kaep. Fans have to learn to like what Kaepernick brings, rather than focusing on what we have lost with Smith.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 4, 2012 at 3:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone