LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

The Akers Effect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We had a left footed kicker in high school. That sob cost us a lot of games. The funny thing is he even looked like akers. You cant trust a left footed kicker.we may as well put a clown with two giant left shoes back there. At least then we won't get our hopes up that we're going to score. No hope no let down!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I dont trust the guy past the 20 yardline. we're gonna need a kick in the playoffs and he's not gonna do it for us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's kicking like he was when the Eagles cut him.
He's really starting to remind me of charlie brown. Andy should just pull the ball away at the last second so we can all have a good laugh.
49ers should go get K Jeff Reed. Remember he's that chubby right legged kicker we had a few seasons ago when Nedney got hurt. Reed had some good years with the Steelers in crazy Heinz Field. Akers is DONE! He's a case right now
I don't know how many of you people actually play a physical sport where you depend on your arms (golfers, bowlers, basketball, baseball players, etc) or legs (football players, soccer players, kickers, martial artists) and in general your body to be in good condition to play the best game that you can.

When things aren't right physically, you know that you can't possibly play your best game NO MATTER how hard you try.

A pelvic injury is nothing to scoff at and I'm willing to bet that it's affecting the distance that he can kick and his follow through.

What the 49er's need to do is to bring in an INTERIM kicker and let Ackers heal. They may need it in the playoff.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM ]
Why not bring in Joe Nedney? He was a good kicker.
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
Why not bring in Joe Nedney? He was a good kicker.

Lorenzo Neal (a man who never played for the Niners) would be devastated if he lost his colleague on 49ers CSN Bay Area so that's not gonna happen
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I don't know how many of you people actually play a physical sport where you depend on your arms (golfers, bowlers, basketball, baseball players, etc) or legs (football players, soccer players, kickers, martial artists) and in general your body to be in good condition to play the best game that you can.

When things aren't right physically, you know that you can't possibly play your best game NO MATTER how hard you try.

A pelvic injury is nothing to scoff at and I'm willing to bet that it's affecting the distance that he can kick and his follow through.

What the 49er's need to do is to bring in an INTERIM kicker and let Ackers heal. They may need it in the playoff.
He was missing before Harbaugh came up with the mystery pelvic injury.
I like Akers as a person and all, but dudes a liability atm.

The coaches must not like what kickers are on the street. Akers and Crosby (Packers) both have had terrible year and neither one has been replaced.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM ]
when me and my wife were watching the game and akers kicked it perfectly straight and he missed the FG; she mentioned how it was in his head and he has steve sax & chuck knoblauch syndrome. i think shes right. next draft take the best kicker with a 6th or 7th rnd pick like the eagles did. Henery has been money for them, plus a rook would be cheaper and help us resign Goldson.
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
when me and my wife were watching the game and akers kicked it perfectly straight and he missed the FG; she mentioned how it was in his head and he has steve sax & chuck knoblauch syndrome. i think shes right. next draft take the best kicker with a 6th or 7th rnd pick like the eagles did. Henery has been money for them, plus a rook would be cheaper and help us resign Goldson.

Agree. Hope he can shake the problems he has before the playoffs and make the important kicks when we need them.
I like him, but he is hurt.

Damaged goods
He was money for us last season and was a big reason for our success last year, unfortunately I think he's REALLY done this time and am hoping we make a move before he costs us big in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone