LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 379 users in the forums

The Akers Effect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Isn't he playing through an injury? Seriously, is he?

Werd on the street is that, Akers has a pelvic injury. Though, they claim its not the reason for the fg misses

Thx.
The Akers effect is 10 - 2 with an almost lock on the #2 seed and a bye vs. 8 - 3 - 1 with a very narrow lead on the #2 seed and a bye which we could easily lose and the actual division still in play too.....
we should actually try to score enough points so that we dont depend on akers, therefore no akers effect
Originally posted by rxrunner:
we should actually try to score enough points so that we dont depend on akers, therefore no akers effect

The OC has to call a better game for this to be reality. We are a conservative ball control team that's what sucks. We throw 20-25 passes run 30-40 times.
That's what we do. It won't change overnight. We got a playmaker who has to learn the position more. The big play ability is great.
Better than checking down so much.
This Nightmare is starting to take shape and I am getting a little worried....If we lose to the Pats tonight then next weeks game against the Seahawks "who are surging and unbeaten at home" will be a must win game... because if we lose to Seattle we will lose our division lead and then make the Arizona game a win or miss the playoffs game...and Arizona has nothing to play for and will be doing their best to ruin our season....So as of right now because of those two games against the rams we are fighting for our playoff life instead of already in the playoffs with the #2 seed all but locked up and tied with Atlanta for the #1 seed....Two DAM KICKS!!!!.
Originally posted by rxrunner:

Yeah, if we are any good, we should just score 100 points every game so we never have to rely on him. /sarcasm.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Cut him
Akers only likes Alex Smith
Akers missed the goal again today..
Well, look at it this way. We will have about 3 million extra in cap space next season when Akers is released.

It's crazy how I have absolutely zero confidence whenever this guy comes in to kick anymore. I can give him a semi-pass on tonight because of the weather, but still. He needs to get his confidence back. He's reaching the Mason Crosby suckiness level quickly.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by ForeverYoung:
It's crazy how I have absolutely zero confidence whenever this guy comes in to kick anymore. I can give him a semi-pass on tonight because of the weather, but still. He needs to get his confidence back. He's reaching the Mason Crosby suckiness level quickly.

It's bad when you are afraid your kicker is going to miss a 20 yard field goal.
It really is a scary thought that when they go into the playoffs they may have to depend of akers to win the game.

Whenever you have an injury involving your back and or your lower torso, it WILL affect anything you do.

I'm sure that we've all have some sort of injury and we wind up favoring that area. Pain is pain no matter how you look at it and even if you try to ignore it, your mind still has a tendency to favor the area of your injury. We may not think so, but we do unintentionally.

Hopefully the coaches will realize this and forget about conservative playing and or playing for the field goals, because as it stands now ... anything beyond 30 yards becomes an adventure.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung:

It's bad when you are afraid your kicker is going to miss a 20 yard field goal.

Anything beyond extra point range is not good with Akers.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Well, look at it this way. We will have about 3 million extra in cap space next season when Akers is released.

I'm not sure that releasing Akers at the end of the season is a good idea. His problems may be injury related and the off season could clear that up and he'd be good to go. You wouldn't want him to go to a team you may have to face during the season and have him beat you.

The best option is to keep him at least through the pre-season and bring in some competition to see if he can win his job back. I'm sure that they can create some kind of a financial structure predicated on how he performs at the beginning of next season.
Share 49ersWebzone