There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Akers Effect

I'd say trade him (if we even can) but I would bet money he suddenly goes back on fire for another team. Not that he dislikes playing for the 49ers, but the mind is a funny thing when you have the yips.
I blame the Akers missed the goal.. .. I think, Alex Smith got private converstion with akers when he gave him for missed the goal.. I think somethings.. Akers is really wrong and no support our team!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I blame the Akers missed the goal.. .. I think, Alex Smith got private converstion with akers when he gave him for missed the goal.. I think somethings.. Akers is really wrong and no support our team!!

And there it is! Instead of locking the QB thread, can we just have BuZz end it from now on? He's always on point! / discussion.
After the loss to the Rams there was plenty of blame to go around. Akers may be hurt, on long field goals his kicks sail. I've never liked a game coming down to a kicker. Back in 2004 Gary Anderson missed a 30 yard kick that would've put the Vikings in the SB. That year he was 35-35 on field goals and also perfect on extra points. My knock on the Rams game wa
Sorry pressed the wrong button, my knock was why settle for a 50 yard field goal knowing my kicker has a bad record on distance this year. Make an attempt to get closer. Roman goes to extremes.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
After the loss to the Rams there was plenty of blame to go around. Akers may be hurt, on long field goals his kicks sail. I've never liked a game coming down to a kicker. Back in 2004 Gary Anderson missed a 30 yard kick that would've put the Vikings in the SB. That year he was 35-35 on field goals and also perfect on extra points. My knock on the Rams game wa

not to nit pick, but it was 1998 not 2004
Originally posted by Squidp:
Didnt one of the Matts report he was dealing with an injury?? Should have brought in Cundiff for a few weeks to let Akers heal.

Yes, he has a mental injury called suck a$$. This is why he got ran out of Phili.
Originally posted by NCommand:

And there it is! Instead of locking the QB thread, can we just have BuZz end it from now on? He's always on point! / discussion.

Haha. I am not dumb ass because i can see it and own my eyes on akers and else players too.. i can trust my gut feeling tell me then i can tell it.. I alway be 49ers fans forever ever!

Haha. I am not dumb ass because i can see it and own my eyes on akers and else players too.. i can trust my gut feeling tell me then i can tell it.. I alway be 49ers fans forever ever!

I don't trust my gut, but i trust Buzz's gut!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I don't trust my gut, but i trust Buzz's gut!
Good.. I knew that u loved the 49ers when i gave the 49ers seem too good and get a win games cuz u feel good and too excited it.. .. dude bro..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Dec 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM ]
Kickers have up and down years. Akers is actually not having such a bad year compared to the norm. Last year, Akers was off the charts. But it is true that at this time last season, the Niners were 10-2. This season, they are just two missed Akers field goals away from being 10-2 right now again, so very little has changed. It just shows how a small thing can make a big difference in the NFL.
Isn't he playing through an injury? Seriously, is he?
Originally posted by GOAT80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Once Harbaugh made the decision to start CKWon for the Rams game the decision was made to keep him at starter for the season barring a horrific performance and yesterday was not anything close to that. Kap is our starter, period. He isn't coming out unless hurt or really struggling.

The Refs gave that game to the Rams yesterday with the bad safety. The momentum of the game switched on that play. The rams players got back into it as did their crowd.

As for Akers...who exactly are you going to replace him with? I mean whats the point of bringing in someone else if they are just as likely to miss game winning FG's?

You can't be for real, The safety switched momentum of the game? First off the call was correct and the turning point was the pitch that that Kap ruined, Kap scored 10 of the Rams points for them.
The call was not correct.
This guy is gonna cost (or continue) down the road
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Isn't he playing through an injury? Seriously, is he?

Werd on the street is that, Akers has a pelvic injury. Though, they claim its not the reason for the fg misses