LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The Akers Effect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
A 50 plus yard FG isn't something you want to rely on to win a game, especially when you're away and had the lead the whole game. We lost momentum because of 1 player and the crowd was back in it for the home team. We had great field position after the Rams missed their long attempt in OT, but our offense didn't do much with it and left a lot to be desired with our last possession leading to the missed FG by Akers. Could the offense have helped put him in a better position to succeed? Hell yeah, unfortunately they failed.

You are correct! Just imagine if Walker catches the TD pass,or if we don't call two consecutive running plays up the middle after Collin's big run, or if Collin goes down in bounds, or if Goldson doesn't hit the QB when he's sliding feet first, or if we don't lose that pitch (or Ginn swats it out of bounds), or if we stop the two point conversion! Then you wouldn't need a 50 plus yard kick to when the game. We left a lot on the table!

Just a reminder, this is a team sport...
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
I have it on good authority that the 49ers tried to release David Akers this morning, but he missed the team meeting wide right.

Nice!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
A 50 plus yard FG isn't something you want to rely on to win a game, especially when you're away and had the lead the whole game. We lost momentum because of 1 player and the crowd was back in it for the home team. We had great field position after the Rams missed their long attempt in OT, but our offense didn't do much with it and left a lot to be desired with our last possession leading to the missed FG by Akers. Could the offense have helped put him in a better position to succeed? Hell yeah, unfortunately they failed.

You are correct! Just imagine if Walker catches the TD pass,or if we don't call two consecutive running plays up the middle after Collin's big run, or if Collin goes down in bounds, or if Goldson doesn't hit the QB when he's sliding feet first, or if we don't lose that pitch (or Ginn swats it out of bounds), or if we stop the two point conversion! Then you wouldn't need a 50 plus yard kick to when the game. We left a lot on the table!

Just a reminder, this is a team sport...
i know. when we lost games with alex as quarterback I have said this. in response i was attacked by some who said it was all the fault of alex for every loss going back to last year
Akers was much better last season, maybe he is protesting Alex's benching by missing 50% of the same kind of kicks he made all last year!
Originally posted by WINiner:
Once Harbaugh made the decision to start CKWon for the Rams game the decision was made to keep him at starter for the season barring a horrific performance and yesterday was not anything close to that. Kap is our starter, period. He isn't coming out unless hurt or really struggling.

The Refs gave that game to the Rams yesterday with the bad safety. The momentum of the game switched on that play. The rams players got back into it as did their crowd.

As for Akers...who exactly are you going to replace him with? I mean whats the point of bringing in someone else if they are just as likely to miss game winning FG's?

You can't be for real, The safety switched momentum of the game? First off the call was correct and the turning point was the pitch that that Kap ruined, Kap scored 10 of the Rams points for them.
Originally posted by GOAT80:
Once Harbaugh made the decision to start CKWon for the Rams game the decision was made to keep him at starter for the season barring a horrific performance and yesterday was not anything close to that. Kap is our starter, period. He isn't coming out unless hurt or really struggling.

The Refs gave that game to the Rams yesterday with the bad safety. The momentum of the game switched on that play. The rams players got back into it as did their crowd.

As for Akers...who exactly are you going to replace him with? I mean whats the point of bringing in someone else if they are just as likely to miss game winning FG's?

You can't be for real, The safety switched momentum of the game? First off the call was correct and the turning point was the pitch that that Kap ruined, Kap scored 10 of the Rams points for them.

I don't think the call was correct. The LOS extends out-of-bounds when determining intentional grounding penalties. Replay clearly showed the ball went passed the LOS. The announcers even said it was the wrong call.
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Originally posted by GOAT80:

I don't think the call was correct. The LOS extends out-of-bounds when determining intentional grounding penalties. Replay clearly showed the ball went passed the LOS. The announcers even said it was the wrong call.

probably, and the announcers agreed, but he shouldn't have ran into the end zone in the first place. the LOS was at about where............ the 15.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Playing for the field goal attempt is very Nolan/Singletary-esque.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Playing for the field goal attempt is very Nolan/Singletary-esque.
having a reliable kicker is something i would think you would want. we do not have that
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Akers was much better last season, maybe he is protesting Alex's benching by missing 50% of the same kind of kicks he made all last year!

He was missing them with Alex in also

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:

He was missing them with Alex in also
the line was also bad when alex was in there to
I have a lot of loyalty to the players on my favorite sports team...except field goal kickers, for some reason, one miss, let alone several...and I'm done, Akers is dead to me, gut him, cut our losses, and move forward like shark!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I have a lot of loyalty to the players on my favorite sports team...except field goal kickers, for some reason, one miss, let alone several...and I'm done, Akers is dead to me, gut him, cut our losses, and move forward like shark!

agree ten fold, get him the hell out of here. i could care less what he did for us last year cuz last year does not mean s**t as he continues to help us lose and tie games.
who was the left footed kicker we had last year that was pretty much just like akers during pre-season? or was that this year?
This guy should be cut .. seriously. He has f**ked up way way too much this year.
Share 49ersWebzone