• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Nate Kaeding. DO IT

That guy misses a ton of FGs too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Nate Kaeding. DO IT

Most accurate kicker in NFL history. He sucks in the playoffs though I will give you that
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
A 50 plus yard FG isn't something you want to rely on to win a game, especially when you're away and had the lead the whole game. We lost momentum because of 1 player and the crowd was back in it for the home team. We had great field position after the Rams missed their long attempt in OT, but our offense didn't do much with it and left a lot to be desired with our last possession leading to the missed FG by Akers. Could the offense have helped put him in a better position to succeed? Hell yeah, unfortunately they failed.

Tell that to the Rams.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by GOAT80:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Too many gambles caught up with them this week (Kaep, Akers and ridiculous play calling).

I agree! I just dont understand how Harbaugh says he tends to go with the hot hand when Kap clearly does not have the hot hand now, and then he says he is sticking with him, Harbaugh needs to man up and just say he wants to go with Kap, his press confrences are deceptive and shady and I am getting sick of it as a fan. How does Smith lose his job and Akers is sucking and has lost us two games and he keeps his?

Once Harbaugh made the decision to start CKWon for the Rams game the decision was made to keep him at starter for the season barring a horrific performance and yesterday was not anything close to that. Kap is our starter, period. He isn't coming out unless hurt or really struggling.

The Refs gave that game to the Rams yesterday with the bad safety. The momentum of the game switched on that play. The rams players got back into it as did their crowd.

As for Akers...who exactly are you going to replace him with? I mean whats the point of bringing in someone else if they are just as likely to miss game winning FG's?

statements like this i find laughable. what are we seahawks fans? the rams scored 16 points and at least half of the them are on the qb
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
A 50 plus yard FG isn't something you want to rely on to win a game, especially when you're away and had the lead the whole game. We lost momentum because of 1 player and the crowd was back in it for the home team. We had great field position after the Rams missed their long attempt in OT, but our offense didn't do much with it and left a lot to be desired with our last possession leading to the missed FG by Akers. Could the offense have helped put him in a better position to succeed? Hell yeah, unfortunately they failed.

Tell that to the Rams.

They were home and got momentum back. If a team makes some mistakes in a game that had the lead the ENTIRE game, it's hard to bounce back from those mistakes and it showed yesterday. The team looked deflated and it looked like they had no more fight left in them.

IT WASN'T AKERS ' FAULT THAT WE LOST THE GAME.

IT WAS THAT STUPID TRICK PLAY TO GINN INTO A DAMN TD THAT COST US THE GAME.

THERE WAS 3 MIN. LEFT IN THE ENTIRE FRIGGIN GAME. WE HAD THE LEAD IN THE 4TH.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

This. This is a thread created to try to remove blame from Kaep. There are some other threads out there as well.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

its his fault we didnt win
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Tell that to the Rams.

If you have a kicker who can make 50 plus yard FG's, actually you can. For that matter, if you have a kicker who can make one from 40 yards away, it actually helps, too.
Originally posted by Garcia:

If you want to blame fault Akers is an easy scapegoat. IMO fault lies with Roman, Harbaugh and Kaepernick. The game planning on offense was once again horrible. Roman should have known better than to call the gimmick play near the goal line in that situation. Roman and Harbaugh did not come up with a gameplan that was effective. Where were the downfield throws? Where was Davis most of the game? Why not activate LMJ? I blame Kap because of the pitch and the safety. There was no need to run 15 yards backwards causing the safety to begin with. Take the sack and trust the defense. I'm blaming Harbaugh alot because I thought it was a mistake to start Kap once Alex was healthy because of experience. We need an experienced QB on this final stretch and playoffs because margin for error is going to be very small. I dont feel good about Kap starting in Foxboro against the PAtriots right now. Hopefully that changes once the game is started.

As much as Akers has sucked this year, Harbaugh shouldn't play for FG's... Akers hasn't been good anywhere outside of 35 yards..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Nate Kaeding. DO IT

Most accurate kicker in NFL history. He sucks in the playoffs though I will give you that
well at this point in time i would like a kicker who can at least help us get into the playoffs and not act like they are trying to prevent us from doing so. if they do not sign a new kicker this week, well i just do not know
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

he misses a 50 yarder, the rams guy gets a 50 plus yarder and that does not feel like a dagger??
draft one of these guys http://walterfootball.com/draft2013K.php
we sit Jacobs with an "injury" for 2 months.....

we start a kicker with a f**ked pelvis the next week
Share 49ersWebzone