LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

The Akers Effect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaeding is playing for the Dolphins, kicking and punting for them.
Cut this stupid motherf**ker!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Cut this stupid motherf**ker!

Agreed. Even a terrible kicker can hit 30 yarders.
I like that Harbaugh let him kick the long one. Gotta let your kicker get his confidence back
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
I like that Harbaugh let him kick the long one. Gotta let your kicker get his confidence back

No pressure when we were already losing big.
I disagree. His job probably depended on it.
blocked FG wasnt on him, they got a lot of penetration

did like the fact he made a 54 yarder though, hopefully that puts him on right track
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
blocked FG wasnt on him, they got a lot of penetration

did like the fact he made a 54 yarder though, hopefully that puts him on right track

Red Bryant drove a bit and stuck his hand up..... the kicker is supposed to kick high as possible so that doesnt happen.

its on Akers.
Wow he cost us this year. 2 Rams games. We would have had more leeway if he it even 1 of those 2. 2 of those 2 and we would be in great shape. Now we lost the #2 seed and may not get it back. We need a miracle in Minnesota vs. the Packers. And we need to win our own. Even the division is on the line now. I just shouldn't be this close. We could have screwed up this Seattle game and still been ok. Now it cost us.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wow he cost us this year. 2 Rams games. We would have had more leeway if he it even 1 of those 2. 2 of those 2 and we would be in great shape. Now we lost the #2 seed and may not get it back. We need a miracle in Minnesota vs. the Packers. And we need to win our own. Even the division is on the line now. I just shouldn't be this close. We could have screwed up this Seattle game and still been ok. Now it cost us.

Minnesota just beat down Houston...

Houston isnt as good as what they were perceived .... but Minnesota can beat Green Bay.

Poor Akers got the shanks and it cost is big time but we need to adjust and keep his confedence up he nailed that 54 yarder. He still gots game
  • Garce
  • Veteran
You could tell... Akers doesnt look confident at all.

The f**k is up with him?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Houston isnt as good as what they were perceived .... but Minnesota can beat Green Bay.

And they've got to play in Minnesota. If Adrian Peterson gets going early, it could be a long game for Green Bay.
rather than blame akers maybe we should be asking why we had to settle for field goal attempts after the niners get into scoring position...willis gets a pick 6 and the offense cant put the ball in the end zone

isnt that what people were asking last year when akers set records for field goals made
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Garcia:

And they've got to play in Minnesota. If Adrian Peterson gets going early, it could be a long game for Green Bay.

That's the best case scenario. But you don't want to back your way into the #2 seed. I'll take the bye any way we can get if we can get it at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone