LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MIAMI DOLPHINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Where did this entitlement come from? We have our first back to back winning seasons in like a decade. We're 9-3-1 and people are complaining after losses. Hillarious.

it is the way they are playing and the mistakes they are making. you can not get away with that s**t vs the good teams,, if you can not see this,, well i just do not know
Originally posted by bors:
didnt miami beat seattle 3weeks ago...just sayin

Sea cant win away from their home
  • THEB
  • Veteran

Franks sweater. lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
I do not get what everyone is complaining about, we won, and it was not an "ugly" win like some of you make it out to be.

Just because a football team is weaker on paper and on the stat sheets does not mean it is going to be a cakewalk for a statistically better team (see Carolina Panthers vs Atlanta Falcons).

Kaepernick had a decent game too, and I think you guys are overlooking many of the good things he does just for the sake of criticism. Look at the chemistry he shows with his receivers, Crabtree for example with 100 yard games the last 3 weeks. He has a GREAT accuracy, and lets not forget a pinpoint deep ball, which is clearly better than Smith's (come on, admit it). And he could run! Quarterbacks that could use their legs if necessary are becoming the future of the league, just look at RGIII, Luck, Newton.

Just stop complaining and be happy we won, nothing is guaranteed. I agree that Miami does not seem like a great test of ability on paper, but they are no push-over either.

Cannot wait for New England next week!
the bad come close to outweighing the good in this game. you may be ok with alls well that ends well but we are not an elite team, we are not playing anywhere close to the level that the pats and hawks are playing at. our hold on the division is shaky,, at best

I do not see the Patriots playing any better than us, just look at how they played against the Dolphins last week. Seattle is not playing lights out football either. I am sorry if this comes as a shock to you, but the Cardinals have the 32nd ranked offensive line, and a bad quarterback in Skelton (he threw 4 interceptions today for God's sake!) and they had 7+ turnovers today. If I was not a 49ers fan, I would still pick the 49ers over the Patriots and Seahawks anyday because they are obviously a better team.
yes it was just the cards who we lost two games to,, yes it was just the dophins who we struggled to beat at home while seattle was showing us how a good football team takes care of the bottom tier. nice optimism but this team has issues and if they do not clean em up, it will get ugly in a hurry in the next two games. when that happens, i wonder how many people will come on here and tell me to,, calm down,, we are ok, we control our own destiny

Seahawks lost to the team we just beat. So much gloom and doom. Wilson completed 7 passes today.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
funny how a W for this team is never good enough...its the nfl and miami is not a pushover. the pats defense is not that impressive and i believe we can contain their offense. seattle is getting better but people are acting like they are better...it was the cards calm down

We had to win today...and the expectations are high enough now that they simply are not being met.

what expectations of yours arent being met? i agree we have things to clean up mainly play calling and penalties but i just dont understand what people truly expect...perfection? fact is we are a talented team with areas to improve upon and nothing in this league is a given you have to earn it
I do not get what everyone is complaining about, we won, and it was not an "ugly" win like some of you make it out to be.

Just because a football team is weaker on paper and on the stat sheets does not mean it is going to be a cakewalk for a statistically better team (see Carolina Panthers vs Atlanta Falcons).

Kaepernick had a decent game too, and I think you guys are overlooking many of the good things he does just for the sake of criticism. Look at the chemistry he shows with his receivers, Crabtree for example with 100 yard games the last 3 weeks. He has a GREAT accuracy, and lets not forget a pinpoint deep ball, which is clearly better than Smith's (come on, admit it). And he could run! Quarterbacks that could use their legs if necessary are becoming the future of the league, just look at RGIII, Luck, Newton.

Just stop complaining and be happy we won, nothing is guaranteed. I agree that Miami does not seem like a great test of ability on paper, but they are no push-over either.

the bad come close to outweighing the good in this game. you may be ok with alls well that ends well but we are not an elite team, we are not playing anywhere close to the level that the pats and hawks are playing at. our hold on the division is shaky,, at best

Pats beat MIA by 7 abd Brady was only 24/40 238 yardsm 1 TD and 1 int.

WE pretty much had the same ammount of yards. They even got a fumble in MIA territory like we did.

Our defense is dominant and the offense was efficient. Without getting turnovers, we had a bunch of drives in a row that endded up in FGs or TDs.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Where did this entitlement come from? We have our first back to back winning seasons in like a decade. We're 9-3-1 and people are complaining after losses. Hillarious.

We won, actually.
Originally posted by THEB:
We won, actually.

yea...sorry that's what I meant.
Not too mention, if some say unreasonable is the term for today then i ask this. and please anyone answer.

Kaep hasnt thrown a TD pass to a Receiver in the past two weeks. yardage is cool, and not knocking any of it, but where are the Td's. Last week a late run, and he played great. This time again last minutes, after the D made a stop. Gore just helped us get another TD. and he scored a TD in what some used to say with Smith, garbage time.

When was the last time, Smith out of 2.5 games, threw no Td's to our WR's and we were all, lets celebrate for the sake of the team. I mean thats horses**t.

We didnt except mediocrity before, and I aint now. He has had no td's in the last 2 games. That is unacceptable, and i dont care if he broke the league and 49ers qB running record.

Point is, he is regressing, in the fact of, less deep balls being thrown. Supposed to have that quick foot, and take no sacks. And even the announcers in the game today, where like he needs to get the ball down the field. Thats why he's in there.

Just saying, give the guy his props for doing what he did do. But i see no big passing plays, and deep throws, ever since teams can now prepare for him. And quiet as kept. IMHO, Kaep doesnt scare anyone just yet either.

Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
We need Vernon if we want to win a playoff game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph_GO9mZ834

Here is a reminder just in case you guys forgotten about him..

I like how Kap throws to him once, and then forgets he exists for the rest of the game.

Believe it or not... he is our biggest weapon. Really good things happen when he gets involved.

We don't have to wait for a 50 yard QB run when he is involved.

I do not see the Patriots playing any better than us, just look at how they played against the Dolphins last week. Seattle is not playing lights out football either. I am sorry if this comes as a shock to you, but the Cardinals have the 32nd ranked offensive line, and a bad quarterback in Skelton (he threw 4 interceptions today for God's sake!) and they had 7+ turnovers today. If I was not a 49ers fan, I would still pick the 49ers over the Patriots and Seahawks anyday because they are obviously a better team.

Now i'm a 49er fan true and true. But u do know they have Brady right. And we my friend have no Brady's on our team. Even if some wanna try to compare. He's one of the few QB's that can put the entire game on his shoulders and make things happen. So regardless of how they played in any game in the past. With Brady, they have a chance to win every game. Go Niners!

**tell u one thing tho. 2 Gore Tds, and just one rushing TD by the QB and none by air, wont work in New England.**
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
funny how a W for this team is never good enough...its the nfl and miami is not a pushover. the pats defense is not that impressive and i believe we can contain their offense. seattle is getting better but people are acting like they are better...it was the cards calm down

yes it was just the cards who we lost two games to,, yes it was just the dophins who we struggled to beat at home while seattle was showing us how a good football team takes care of the bottom tier. nice optimism but this team has issues and if they do not clean em up, it will get ugly in a hurry in the next two games. when that happens, i wonder how many people will come on here and tell me to,, calm down,, we are ok, we control our own destiny

im assuming you meant the rams not cards...and id have to argue that the rams and dolphins are both better than the cards as a whole. not every week is going to be a blowout. im not happy with everything this team is doing but we have a winning record and i still think we have a good chance to win out guess thats just me though
My god . . . AZ had EIGHT turnovers today.
LMJ was amazing, if our own guy didn't trip him he would have taken it to the house. -This guy is more elusive/slicker than even Hunter, I get Sproles vibes when I watch him play. -We have a 'screen' threat finally, for the first time in maybe a decade and a half, lol.

Gotta love how hard this kid has worked, you can tell he's been busting his ass for this day to come, and he showed it.
Share 49ersWebzone