There are 209 users in the forums

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jreff22:
more curious than excited......

yeah ..who knows... he could run the ball the wrong way

Oh.
trying to not get my hopes up.

nothing against LMJ.

more like he could be ineffective in comparison to Hunter....I was not excited with his play during PS while Dixon was looking amazing, against backups.
is PS it seemed like we werent giving the right plays to use his speed....Harbaughs offense compared to a Oregon spread offense

more like he could be ineffective in comparison to Hunter....I was not excited with his play during PS while Dixon was looking amazing, against backups.
is PS it seemed like we werent giving the right plays to use his speed....Harbaughs offense compared to a Oregon spread offense

there is that toss sweep play that harbaugh likes to run
he won't play
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he won't play

this
Well this isn't Oregon. If he cant run between the tackles along with everything else a pro is needed to do he will never play.
Im real excited for LeMichael to get his career going. Dont think hell get a ton of carries, but he certainly has the talent to make an impact. I know one thing. He is a ball of Lightning waiting to be unleashed. I saw every college game he ever played in. He was just electric and it was not the system. A great talent
I thought his name is spelled LaMichael?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I don't think there's any question that LaMichael has to step up and become the scatback threat that Kendall Hunter had become. The other two RB's on the depth chart ahead of him are plodding earth movers. Nothing against them, mind you, but we already have that in Gore. What we need, and what we had with Kendall, was that dimension of breakaway speed. He was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the pigskin.

LaMichael is the only other speed option on the roster at this point. I see him getting his touches this Sunday in Saint Louie....

Wut?

Did you just call Gore a "plodding earth mover"?

I love Hunter and am extremely sad that he got hurt, especially considering the severity of the injury, but let's not get things twisted.

Hunter is more like Gore than he is a scat back. He's just a little bit smaller. Both have amazing initial burst and vision hitting the hole, but neither has been breaking 40+ yarders this season. In fact, Hunter's longest run was 26 yards. Gore's is 37 yards.

Both players have the same yards per carry right now at 5.2. They've been making their living on runs in the 5-15 yard range... and they both have a ton of them. Gore gets a first down on 30% of his carries and Hunter does on 25%. Both of those numbers are outstanding.

In fact, as a team, the 49ers are 2nd in first down percentage. They are also #1 in the NFL in yards per carry.

BTW, did you see Hunter run right through Urlacher's tackle along the sideline? He's one powerful runner... does not go down easy.

I miss him already.

I don't know how LMJ is going to look with the first team offense, but I'm excited to find out! Especially considering Baalke's track record so far.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Well this isn't Oregon. If he cant run between the tackles along with everything else a pro is needed to do he will never play.

Harbaugh says he can. He went on a rant about it in a press conference because he saw it happen so much in college.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Harbaugh says he can. He went on a rant about it in a press conference because he saw it happen so much in college.

we should see a better LMJ..if he comes in. he had a few more months to study since TC and preseason.
He is still not strong enough to run plays the way Hunter played. Lamike was sitting every week becuase he is small, and his hands weren't what coach was hoping for. I was not a big fan of this pick, but after some thought, I can see the logic behind it. If LaMike can play slot recover, line up in the backfield, and return kicks, as I'm sure the coaching staff was hoping, we would have been able to free up a roster spot, LaMike would in effect replace Williams AND Ginn, that would be a great move, allowing us to carry another OLB, or D-lineman. As it turns out LaMike is not quite ready for prime time, but now he has to step up, I hope he is able to rise to the occasion and kick some ass!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
we should see a better LMJ..if he comes in. he had a few more months to study since TC and preseason.

I thought he already looked pretty good running the option with Kap in preseason.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Won't play, lol
Share 49ersWebzone