LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

Anyone else not happy with Sundays offensive performance?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
This is absurd.

TD drive #1 (score 3-0): 4 plays, 62 yards, 2:06 elapsed

TD drive #2 (score 14-14): 6 plays, 80 yards, 2:43 elapsed

FG Drive (score 28-21): 16 plays, 84 yards, 9:28 elapsed

Our offense had their way with NO's #32 ranked defense all day. When it wanted a score, it did so quickly and efficiently. When it wanted to run time off the clock, they kept NO's offense off the field for nearly 10 minutes.

You don't think if we didn't have the benefit of the two defensive TDs, we would've seen more drives resembling the first two? I was thrilled with Sunday's offensive performance.
I wasn't "super" happy but I wasn't unhappy. The Saints do have a terrible defense and aside from a big divisional win for them at home against ATL, their other wins weren't very impressive. They got lucky against Tampa, and the other terrible teams they beat were Philly and Oakland.
wow...really?

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Play calling again is the only thing im not happy with. Idk how you only run gore 3 times first half and never use crabs or VD on big plays.
Originally posted by sspiker:
This is absurd.

TD drive #1 (score 3-0): 4 plays, 62 yards, 2:06 elapsed

TD drive #2 (score 14-14): 6 plays, 80 yards, 2:43 elapsed

FG Drive (score 28-21): 16 plays, 84 yards, 9:28 elapsed

Our offense had their way with NO's #32 ranked defense all day. When it wanted a score, it did so quickly and efficiently. When it wanted to run time off the clock, they kept NO's offense off the field for nearly 10 minutes.

You don't think if we didn't have the benefit of the two defensive TDs, we would've seen more drives resembling the first two? I was thrilled with Sunday's offensive performance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20121125018&page=drives

drive #1: 3 and out
drive #2: 4 plays, 63 yds, TD
drive #3: 5 plays, 15yds, punt
drive #4: 7 plays, 33 yds, punt
drive #5: 4 plays, 12 yds, INT

drive #6: 6 plays, 80 yds, TD
drive #7: 3 plays, 2 yds, punt
drive #8: 16 plays, 85 yds, FG (great drive, but couldn't punch it in)
drive #9: 4 plays, 4 yds, FG MISS (failed drive, offense gets no credit for FG attempt)
drive #10: 7 plays, 31 yds, FG MISS (again started drive in saints territory, FG is minimum for acceptable results)

so let's see. two great drives, one almost great drive (didn't score a TD), two drives started in saints territory with zero points to show.
all this against one of the worst defenses in the league. they give up 290+ passing yds average per game!
you guys impress easily......
[ Edited by zoomcrypt on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wasn't "super" happy but I wasn't unhappy. The Saints do have a terrible defense and aside from a big divisional win for them at home against ATL, their other wins weren't very impressive. They got lucky against Tampa, and the other terrible teams they beat were Philly and Oakland.

You sound kinda lukewarm.

I think we could have done better against that D, but they were at home, which is a huge advantage for their defense, they had been on a hot streak, They have Vilma back (which seems to coinside with their streak), AND they played all out play-off style effort.

I was felt good about our offense, but I wasn't excited about it.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Granted hostile enviroment and all, but the offense onpy put up 17 against the 32nd ranked defense, that wont get it done. If it wasnt for the defense we would and should of lost this game.

Boy, I'm glad somebody else brought it up. I was afraid I was going to get stoned to death if I bring it up.

Yup, 17 Offensive points vs what 36 points the last time we met NO.
And this year we have better WRs now and better OLine against the 32nd ranked defense.

NO had a better defense last year too.

Also our defense unlike the championship game actually showed up. They were only OK last January. Lets not forget they allowed 32 points.

Special teams are not helphing too.

So we have better defense, better WR, better OLine yet only 17 offensive points?
Even if Akers made both kicks it seemed like we should have scored more.

You heretic! You will burn in hell.

LOL!!!

Yes, it does seem unamerican to bring out those points.
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:

drive #9: 4 plays, 4 yds, FG MISS (failed drive, offense gets no credit for FG attempt)
drive #10: 7 plays, 31 yds, FG MISS (again started drive in saints territory, FG is minimum for acceptable results)

so let's see. two great drives, one almost great drive (didn't score a TD), two drives started in saints territory with zero points to show.
all this against one of the worst defenses in the league. they give up 290+ yds average per game!

Two things:

1) You completely missed my point, which is that we played a certain way before we had the lead, and we played a certain way after. You guys say the offense only scored 17 points; I say its because the offense only needed to score 17 points. If we were tied or trailing beyond the first drive of the 3rd quarter (which we would have been without the two pick-6s), we would've seen a different type of offense, one that I would bet scored more points and gained more yards than our conservative, clock-killing drives.

Moreover, the reason why the Saints give up so many yards and so many points is because they score quickly, and get scored on quickly. This is what's referred to as a "shoot-out". The Dallas Cowboys gained over 450 yards on Sunday, and lost. Do you want to switch offenses with them?

2) I'm aware that not every drive resulted in points. If the bar to impress you is a score every drive, can you really argue that Alex Smith puts you in the best position to achieve that?
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:

all this against one of the worst defenses in the league. they give up 290+ yds average per game!

Two things:

1) You completely missed my point, which is that we played a certain way before we had the lead, and we played a certain way after. You guys say the offense only scored 17 points; I say its because the offense only needed to score 17 points. If we were tied or trailing beyond the first drive of the 3rd quarter (which we would have been without the two pick-6s), we would've seen a different type of offense, one that I would bet scored more points and gained more yards than our conservative, clock-killing drives.

Moreover, the reason why the Saints give up so many yards and so many points is because they score quickly, and get scored on quickly. This is what's referred to as a "shoot-out". The Dallas Cowboys gained over 450 yards on Sunday, and lost. Do you want to switch offenses with them?

2) I'm aware that not every drive resulted in points. If the bar to impress you is a score every drive, can you really argue that Alex Smith puts you in the best position to achieve that?

i would guess knowing we are playing against drew breese there was no notion of not keeping the pedal to the metal until the very last drive.
but knowing how bad NO was, I think expecting to be able to punch it in at least one more time is warranted.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Classic Niner Talk...

Sad but true.
Man, I tell ya some people need to take some perspective and be thankful that this team is as good as it is. It wasn't too long ago that the Niners were a flaming train wreck. Now they're winning games against good opponents and fans are complaining when they don't win by 30 points? Sheesh...
[ Edited by mickey49 on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM ]
Give it a rest people.

1 Turnover....................did not hurt the Niners at all.

0 sacks against.............Kaep's legs and escapability are much better than Alex's.

1 VICTORY.....................who cares how they got there.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Love it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Give it a rest people.

1 Turnover....................did not hurt the Niners at all.

0 sacks against.............Kaep's legs and escapability are much better than Alex's.

1 VICTORY.....................who cares how they got there.

and 1 gore dance in the endzone
Meh, I think the only that was disappointing was the run game.
Share 49ersWebzone