LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sspiker:
He got extended in 2011 through 2015, but he's still making less than $1M/yr in base salary.

Dude is 26 years old and is vital to this team's success. I don't know we necessarily need to lock up him during the season, but I wouldn't be upset to see a five-year extension announced in the offseason.

One big reason for why we should just let Iupati move on after 2014. Must keep Aldon, Boone, and very likely Kaep!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
One big reason for why we should just let Iupati move on after 2014. Must keep Aldon, Boone, and very likely Kaep!

Absoulutely agree with and I was saying it during the offseason. Boone is more versatile in his ability to play multiple positions and should be the guard we extend. I mean having him yesterday was so clutch. We can't extend both though and with Iupatis recent pass protecting I think we should consider looking to the draft for a replacement. I'm not saying we don't attempt to resign him. We should give him "Top run blocking guard money" not "top run/pass blocking money". There's probably a 15 mil difference.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM ]
Locking up Big Mike is going to be a top priority ......but Booooooooooooooone is the Frickin Man
Boone is so valuable. Did Quinn even get a tackle yesterday?
Myself and Mr.Mc have wanted to see this lineup forEVER. Boone is probably just as good if not better at pass protection BUT he's a much better run blocker (IMHO) than Staley on that edge (something we stink at if you haven't noticed...Staley is the best out in space though). Then you move an older Staley to RT with the beef inside. I have wanted Kilgore to take over for Goodwin (d/t his ineffective run blocking and some failures in pass protection) and either Davis or Looney at RG. That said, Looney has impressed me most at C but feel RG is much better suited for him than LG. What a perfect OL (with depth) if this were to pan out and chemistry was built up.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM ]
Just how good is this man? Moved to left tackle and shutdown arguably the best defensive end in the game.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think it'd be interesting to see how the OL would look with Boone at RT and Davis moving to the inside.

It would be interesting to see how the OL would look with Boone at LT and Staley at RT!

Boone was an absolute BEASTY out there yesterday!
best value contract on the 49ers, and yes i know how much kaepernick currently makes
All hail the rhino

The way this guy played Sunday, he looked as if he's been our LT for years. -He was destroying people, I saw him throw defensive tackles down like rag dolls. He's a f**king relentless animal, so happy he's filling in, I feel so damn good ABOUT IT!!!

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think it'd be interesting to see how the OL would look with Boone at RT and Davis moving to the inside.

It would be interesting to see how the OL would look with Boone at LT and Staley at RT!

Boone was an absolute BEASTY out there yesterday!

Tried it on Madden, and it was amazingly awesome. Didn't get a sack for 9 straight games now and still going. We should try it in real life, hehehe...

Boone, Iupati, Goodwin, A.Davis, Staley
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The way this guy played Sunday, he looked as if he's been our LT for years. -He was destroying people, I saw him throw defensive tackles down like rag dolls. He's a f**king relentless animal, so happy he's filling in, I feel so damn good ABOUT IT!!!

He might turn out to be a better LT than Staley.
Boone completely shut down Robert Quinn.
One of Football Outsiders' stars of the week, "Alex Boone, LT, SF: Took over for an injured Joe Staley and didn't allow a hurry or sack to St. Louis pass rushers"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/week-13-dvoa-ratings
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
One of Football Outsiders' stars of the week, "Alex Boone, LT, SF: Took over for an injured Joe Staley and didn't allow a hurry or sack to St. Louis pass rushers"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/week-13-dvoa-ratings

Cool.
Share 49ersWebzone