There are 225 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
After releasing Carl Nicks, The Bucs are thiner than Snoop Lion at Guard, so trade Boone to Tampa Bay for a 3rd rounder in 2015. Slide Martin/Looney/Snyder/Netter in at RG.

In 2015, our starting Guards will be Brandon Thomas and a rookie, or Martin/Looney/Snyder/Netter.
Still early.

Boone is a VERY good G and proved to be a good Tackle.

I'm betting he'll be ready by game one. I think he'll be offered an improved contract later than he wants but the offer will be on the table.

There's a lot of moves that can be projected.

Our coaches have demonstrated confidence in Looney, who knows the playbook.

Another way of using Boone would, at some later date, moving him to LT, Staley to RT, Davis to RG and Thomas LG.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jul 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We need to be patient. Don't trash on him. We need friendly and leave him alone. Hope he will understand our fans feel it. He will come to 49ers for sure. Don't talking about him. Let him wait for. Or if he don't come to 49ers games. Then take him the whole moneys when he missed the games. If he choice it..

Well said.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
To the 49ers dismay and Boone's loss, Boone's agent has made him an example of what not to do. He will not get traded, nor will he receive an extension this year. He will either holdout and make hardly anything or show up and play his @ss off and negotiate for extension or trade next season. Anyone who doesn't get this has not been paying attention to the Niner's FO these last few years. I personally would be disappointed if the FO caves in and opens that can of worms that will lead to 5 or 6 players holding out in the future. Tough decisions have to be made in business.

my words exactly
Trade him, and use his money to resign lupati & crabtree
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Trade him, and use his money to resign lupati & crabtree

I wouldn't trade him. Like AmpLee was saying, we're in Super Bowl mode. Now is not the time to trade talented players who can help us win it all. He might be disgruntled for the next 2 years, but so what. He'll still be motivated to play well so he can cash in later.
Boone's an idiot. Get in camp, earn some respect.
Boone's in danger of losing his job quickly to Looney who's a much more "natural fit" at RG and who's been training there AND center for 3 years now. Martin can also train at C and RG as well and be next year's Looney. Boone came from the UDFA route...Looney was a 4th rounder (117th pick). The dude has talent and just needed a year or two to get acclimated to our system and develop.
I'm with Amp and Sofa on this. Boone is a real talent, and if he would get his azz into camp we could go into the season with serious depth on LOS. But as NC notes above, Boone can step on his own genitalia by holding out, letting Looney get acclimated to starting, and then boone ends up a pine sitter, his value goes down for next yr. That is a gen-u-wine lose/lose for all parties involved, save Looney. Boone, you idiot, get into camp. Whoever your tool agent is, he needs to be fired. You are single handedly losing your starting job, lessening your inherent $$ value, and making yourself the camp and team pariah. Good grief, man, this team is loaded. This team has SB written all over it. You are best guy, but staying out much longer and you are coming back to camp as a second stringer. Just exactly how is that going to affect your value NEXT yr? Yeah, it isn't.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
After releasing Carl Nicks, The Bucs are thiner than Snoop Lion at Guard, so trade Boone to Tampa Bay for a 3rd rounder in 2015. Slide Martin/Looney/Snyder/Netter in at RG.

In 2015, our starting Guards will be Brandon Thomas and a rookie, or Martin/Looney/Snyder/Netter.

Nah, let Boone play out his contract while we our in a Superbowl run the next couple years. Then cash in on a 3rd round compensatory selection when he signs a big deal after he leaves us. His biggest value is not at G where we have a bunch of young players that can play their too, it's at backup tackle where our offense would be devastated if one of our bookends were to go down with a major injury and we didn't have a tackle the caliber of Boone on the roster.

This

We dont have plug and play ability at every position. One s**tty OT can get Kap killed.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I'm with Amp and Sofa on this. Boone is a real talent, and if he would get his azz into camp we could go into the season with serious depth on LOS. But as NC notes above, Boone can step on his own genitalia by holding out, letting Looney get acclimated to starting, and then boone ends up a pine sitter, his value goes down for next yr. That is a gen-u-wine lose/lose for all parties involved, save Looney. Boone, you idiot, get into camp. Whoever your tool agent is, he needs to be fired. You are single handedly losing your starting job, lessening your inherent $$ value, and making yourself the camp and team pariah. Good grief, man, this team is loaded. This team has SB written all over it. You are best guy, but staying out much longer and you are coming back to camp as a second stringer. Just exactly how is that going to affect your value NEXT yr? Yeah, it isn't.

Lol @ Harbaugh saying there were some "wow moments" today at practice for Joe Looney!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Nah, let Boone play out his contract while we our in a Superbowl run the next couple years. Then cash in on a 3rd round compensatory selection when he signs a big deal after he leaves us. His biggest value is not at G where we have a bunch of young players that can play their too, it's at backup tackle where our offense would be devastated if one of our bookends were to go down with a major injury and we didn't have a tackle the caliber of Boone on the roster.

This

We dont have plug and play ability at every position. One s**tty OT can get Kap killed.

Agreed... hate to admit it but we're not the same w/out Boone. I like the fact that FO is holding their ground (wouldn't want them to fold), but somebody needs to step up in camp (big time). Otherwise, three things will happen, 1) Kap gets rid of the ball faster 2) Kap scrambles a lot 3) Kap gets sacked a lot.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but Jonathan Martin is already getting pwned (it's only training camp). Who else can take Boone's place and be solid at it (w/out compromising another spot on the o-line)?
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by jreff22:

This

Agreed... hate to admit it but we're not the same w/out Boone. I like the fact that FO is holding their ground (wouldn't want them to fold), but somebody needs to step up in camp (big time). Otherwise, three things will happen, 1) Kap gets rid of the ball faster 2) Kap scrambles a lot 3) Kap gets sacked a lot.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but Jonathan Martin is already getting pwned (it's only training camp). Who else can take Boone's place and be solid at it (w/out compromising another spot on the o-line)?
Jonathan Martin isn't even getting reps at guard. Looney is getting the first team reps at RG and he's off to a good start in practice.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Jonathan Martin isn't even getting reps at guard. Looney is getting the first team reps at RG and he's off to a good start in practice.

Cool and I have no doubt that Looney will be solid, but is there anything (like an injury or something) hindering JM or is he just here as camp fodder /practice dummy?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Carl Nicks .Lol I remember wanting to draft him. Thank goodness we didn't...Dude got some kind of immune deficiency always passing some weird infection in the locker room . Lol
Share 49ersWebzone