There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Originally posted by Wrathman:
The front office doesn't negotiate with hold outs. If they didn't do it for Gore, the're definitely not going to do it for Boone! If they negotiate and give a contract extension to him, then every player will do it. Wake up Boone! Go to camp and then they'll talk.

If he shows up at camp, the only thing they will talk about is setting an appointment for next training camp. Then they will talk about contract. They do not want to extend him with 2 years remaining.
At $30K fine per day, we'll see how long Boone really holds out. He needs to either a) get a different agent; b) report to camp and begin the negotiations. The longer he stays out, the more he'll lose (money and potentially his job). In the meantime, Looney stands to gain a lot.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He needs to remember which team gave his outta shape drunken frat boy ass a chance and get into camp.

and they named a rhino after him... so ungreatful..
Boone needs to fire his agent and get his ass to camp.
I hope Boone knows that the organization is not going to give in.
Is it possible that he knows the back up linemen better than us? And he really believes none of them can be more than back ups. Not sticking up for him. Just wondering how he thinks a hold out is really gonna get him what he really wants.

Originally posted by 60sFan:
If he shows up at camp, the only thing they will talk about is setting an appointment for next training camp. Then they will talk about contract. They do not want to extend him with 2 years remaining.

um with 2 years left is when they want to negotiate. with 1 year left the players will occasionally wait for FA.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Is it possible that he knows the back up linemen better than us? And he really believes none of them can be more than back ups. Not sticking up for him. Just wondering how he thinks a hold out is really gonna get him what he really wants.

I think it's more likely that he knows he'd be a starting tackle 1/3 of the teams in the NFL and wants to be paid like one.
Maybe he isn't that good at math. $30k/day • 7 (one week)=$210k
Hmmmm, how many weeks until he owes them money?
quote=CorvaNinerFan]At $30K fine per day, we'll see how long Boone really holds out. He needs to either a) get a different agent; b) report to camp and begin the negotiations. The longer he stays out, the more he'll lose (money and potentially his job). In the meantime, Looney stands to gain a lot.
Exactly, 30,000/day adds up really fast. He needs to get to camp. The front office doesn't negotiate with holdouts!
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

I think it's more likely that he knows he'd be a starting tackle 1/3 of the teams in the NFL and wants to be paid like one.

Well, when you sign a safe contract at the expense of betting on yourself, you lose leverage. He's got no choice but to show up or lose a significant portion of his pay. He'll get paid eventually, but he needs to show up first.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by AC49er:
I hate when players hold out! They signed the contracts. They want more money when they play good but the owners never ask for money back when they play bad

They just cut them or release them lol. There are also restructures that lower the cap number. Some guys see the money later. Some never do. In the case of Boone, I don't mind the holdout in and of itself. But Boone clearly doesn't recognize who he is to this team nor the team he is attempting to do this with. They will let him sit out all season for all they care and then will still have him for two more seasons.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Yup. I say trade Boone if he continues to no show.

I would not trade him. It only opens up other possibilities for players to sit out so they get traded. Niner's have a golden opportunity to set a precedent and have the players support. See Kaep's comment about Vernon showing.

I wouldn't want to trade him, but if some team ends up offering something ridiculous (a 1st round pick for example), would you hold to your no trade policy?

Not realistic with Boone, however, let's say someone like Aldon Smith held out and we were offered a first. I would probably not do it. If someone offered me a #1 during training camp, I could probably get a #1 later. It would also depend if we were in a bit of a re-building phase. I definitely would not do it if we were primed to go to a SB. That's why it is important to set the precedent now before someone like Aldon thinks about it.

Aldon Smith is a totally different type of situation. I would want a Herschel Walker AND Ricky Williams type of compensation if it were Aldon Smith. He is potentially a once in a generation type of player. As I said, a team would have to offer something ridiculous.
Originally posted by AC49er:
I hate when players hold out! They signed the contracts. They want more money when they play good but the owners never ask for money back when they play bad

They just cut them or release them lol. There are also restructures that lower the cap number. Some guys see the money later. Some never do. In the case of Boone, I don't mind the holdout in and of itself. But Boone clearly doesn't recognize who he is to this team nor the team he is attempting to do this with. They will let him sit out all season for all they care and then will still have him for two more seasons.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Yup. I say trade Boone if he continues to no show.

I would not trade him. It only opens up other possibilities for players to sit out so they get traded. Niner's have a golden opportunity to set a precedent and have the players support. See Kaep's comment about Vernon showing.

I wouldn't want to trade him, but if some team ends up offering something ridiculous (a 1st round pick for example), would you hold to your no trade policy?

Not realistic with Boone, however, let's say someone like Aldon Smith held out and we were offered a first. I would probably not do it. If someone offered me a #1 during training camp, I could probably get a #1 later. It would also depend if we were in a bit of a re-building phase. I definitely would not do it if we were primed to go to a SB. That's why it is important to set the precedent now before someone like Aldon thinks about it.

Aldon Smith is a totally different type of situation. I would want a Herschel Walker AND Ricky Williams type of compensation if it were Aldon Smith. He is potentially a once in a generation type of player. As I said, a team would have to offer something ridiculous.

Yeah it'd take a lot for me to trade Aldon.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Holding out is like holding in your pee pee, Boone... it's not good for you
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Boone is nuts. Martin, Looney, and Thomas will be chomping at his heels soon.