LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Yup. I say trade Boone if he continues to no show.

I would not trade him. It only opens up other possibilities for players to sit out so they get traded. Niner's have a golden opportunity to set a precedent and have the players support. See Kaep's comment about Vernon showing.
I'm willing to give this some time, like a week or so, but if Boone skips most/all of TC I believe he should lose his starting position. He's a good player but not irreplaceable. Looney, Snyder, and both Martins can all be thrown into the mix.

Send a clear message to guys who skip camp. No new contract, and no playing time.
Kaepernick: Davis is not going to 'walk out on his team'
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I have a feeling, he'll be on deck when he's good n ready.

HOWEVER, if he keeps the crap up, then I hope 1) we trade him to AFC team (maybe Brownies). 2) He feels like crap when we win a couple SBs w/out him. When he's retired, fat and shriveled up, he'll be thinking to himself (all that money didn't mean $h!t, I wish I had a ring!!).
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm willing to give this some time, like a week or so, but if Boone skips most/all of TC I believe he should lose his starting position. He's a good player but not irreplaceable. Looney, Snyder, and both Martins can all be thrown into the mix.

Send a clear message to guys who skip camp. No new contract, and no playing time.

Please do this!!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Please do this!!

This. Boone is good, but we have some good young players in the pipeline (remember, at one time Boone was one of those good young players.) Also, whether or not we have a stud RG or not will not be the determining factor of whether we win the Superbowl or not.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
This. Boone is good, but we have some good young players in the pipeline (remember, at one time Boone was one of those good young players.) Also, whether or not we have a stud RG or not will not be the determining factor of whether we win the Superbowl or not.

Yeah, around the time his stock dropped and we (still) took him in knowing about his shenanigans in college.

C'mon Boone!
I hate when players hold out! They signed the contracts. They want more money when they play good but the owners never ask for money back when they play bad
With Vernon Davis reporting to camp I really think Boone is getting some really bad advice & will be playing himself right out of a starters role if it continues.
Originally posted by thl408:
In that Rams game, I thought Looney did well in pass protection, but was shaky in run blocking. However, the Rams came into that game focused on stopping the 49ers' run game (based on Rams player post game comments). Also, it's tough going in cold off the bench like that without getting snaps with the first string in the week leading up to the game (Staley injured early in 1st quarter). The most damning factor, to me, is that when Iupati is injured, Snyder is first off the bench. I don't think very highly of Snyder and am hoping that it's just a case of the coaching staff favoring a veteran over an inexperienced player.

I hope we all can agree that Snyder sucks. I'm still surprised they brought him back and that he is still on the roster. Now I guess with Boone holding out they don't have much of a choices but hold onto Snyder for his experience. But he still sucks.

Originally posted by AC49er:
I hate when players hold out! They signed the contracts. They want more money when they play good but the owners never ask for money back when they play bad

They just cut them or release them lol. There are also restructures that lower the cap number. Some guys see the money later. Some never do. In the case of Boone, I don't mind the holdout in and of itself. But Boone clearly doesn't recognize who he is to this team nor the team he is attempting to do this with. They will let him sit out all season for all they care and then will still have him for two more seasons.

Originally posted by 60sFan:

I would not trade him. It only opens up other possibilities for players to sit out so they get traded. Niner's have a golden opportunity to set a precedent and have the players support. See Kaep's comment about Vernon showing.

I wouldn't want to trade him, but if some team ends up offering something ridiculous (a 1st round pick for example), would you hold to your no trade policy?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by AC49er:

They just cut them or release them lol. There are also restructures that lower the cap number. Some guys see the money later. Some never do. In the case of Boone, I don't mind the holdout in and of itself. But Boone clearly doesn't recognize who he is to this team nor the team he is attempting to do this with. They will let him sit out all season for all they care and then will still have him for two more seasons.

Originally posted by 60sFan:

I wouldn't want to trade him, but if some team ends up offering something ridiculous (a 1st round pick for example), would you hold to your no trade policy?

Not realistic with Boone, however, let's say someone like Aldon Smith held out and we were offered a first. I would probably not do it. If someone offered me a #1 during training camp, I could probably get a #1 later. It would also depend if we were in a bit of a re-building phase. I definitely would not do it if we were primed to go to a SB. That's why it is important to set the precedent now before someone like Aldon thinks about it.
Guards are dime a dozen. He doesn't want to be a 49ers. We trade him for a conditional 3rd round pick in 2015. Good riddance Boone.
Boone will report at some point but he just better hope he is still the starter when he does. It is totally unrealistic if Boone thinks he is going to strong arm Trent into tearing up his old deal and writing a new one for him two years in with two years to go while he is home on the couch and other guys are in camp busting tail to make the team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jpltanis:
Guards are dime a dozen. He doesn't want to be a 49ers. We trade him for a conditional 3rd round pick in 2015. Good riddance Boone.

lets wait a bit. we got time, time is on our side. we are not the ones losing money. as boone loses more money and if he sees some of the kids perform well in his absence he will report. now if he keeps this up through deep into pre season,, yes then we can have that conversation. while we are not going to cave,, we do have to make pretty sure we have a solid player to replace him if we adhere to your theory
Share 49ersWebzone