There are 329 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 951NINER:
With the #7 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Forty Niners select T Ronnie Stanley

please God, no.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
please God, no.

And why not? Offensive line is by far the biggest need on this team. We need to add quality starters to every position aside from LT and if Staley goes down, we might as well just give up on the season.

Draft OT- Ronnie Stanley (Rd 1), OC- Ryan Kelly (Rd 2) and sign Louis Vazquez for RG. We can't rely on Anthony Davis. He burnt us bad once last year. I wouldnt trust him again.

LT- Staley
LG- Kelly, Tiller
C- Kilgore
RG- Vazquez
RT- Stanley, Brown

Tiller and Brown are good backups. Thats about it. But we will need them and they offer quality depth. Marcus Martin stinks. He might be hard pressed to make the team and Brandon Thomas can't get on the field.

If we want to improve our team we MUST rebuild the Oline.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 9, 2016 at 9:42 AM ]

please God, no.

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
please God, no.

And why not? Offensive line is by far the biggest need on this team. We need to add quality starters to every position aside from LT and if Staley goes down, we might as well just give up on the season.

Draft OT- Ronnie Stanley (Rd 1), OC- Ryan Kelly (Rd 2) and sign Louis Vazquez for RG. We can't rely on Anthony Davis. He burnt us bad once last year. I wouldnt trust him again.

LT- Staley
LG- Kelly, Tiller
C- Kilgore
RG- Vazquez
RT- Stanley, Brown

Tiller and Brown are good backups. Thats about it. But we will need them and they offer quality depth. Marcus Martin stinks. He might be hard pressed to make the team and Brandon Thomas can't get on the field.

If we want to improve our team we MUST rebuild the Oline.

Way too early to call Tiller and Brown good backups. I think Tiller has already established himself as a legit starter in this league despite only playing 8 games and playing both RG and LG. Watching his game compared to Boone helped put that into perspective (and his PFF gives a bit of light as well). Brown's talent/ceiling is ridiculous BUT, like Tiller, the sample size is small and conditioning to play every snap for 16 games is the key here. IMHO, we need a top notch starting RG even if the Twitter Whore comes back (who can count on that guy?).

But I couldn't agree more with your last line!

please God, no.

Not exciting enough, I guess. Wouldn't want to spend quality picks on protecting the passer. Bad pass protection is just an 'excuse' for QB's to some fans around here.
Originally posted by crake49:

please God, no.

Not exciting enough, I guess. Wouldn't want to spend quality picks on protecting the passer. Bad pass protection is just an 'excuse' for QB's to some fans around here.

Quite the opposite. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan and he doesn't warrant a top 10 pick to me. He seems very overrated in pass protection.
Quite the opposite. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan and he doesn't warrant a top 10 pick to me. He seems very overrated in pass protection.

Okay. Everyone is rating him as the 2nd best O-lineman after Tunsil. That's the only reason I thought it might be a worthy pick. I saw no Notre Dame games last season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Always excited to learn that one of our Biggest but Softest player will be signing to weaken his new team!!

Boone to the Vikings!!! Good Luck Purple People!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
Always excited to learn that one of our Biggest but Softest player will be signing to weaken his new team!!

Boone to the Vikings!!! Good Luck Purple People!!!

Soft? But, but, but.... he head-butted Kaepernick without his helmet!
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Sayonara!

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

This post needs to be quoted and implanted in all forum headers...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I wanted him gone during his holdout.
Knew we'd lose him, still a little bummed about it. Dude worked hard to go from UDFA struggling with alcoholism to become a quality starter. Brought a lot of passion to the locker room. I think he'll be missed.

Thanks for everything, Boone.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Knew we'd lose him, still a little bummed about it. Dude worked hard to go from UDFA struggling with alcoholism to become a quality starter. Brought a lot of passion to the locker room. I think he'll be missed.

Thanks for everything, Boone.

Boone was great for a couple of years

With that being said, good riddance...
Good luck to Boone. Thanks for the good years!
Share 49ersWebzone