LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
COME ON BOONE
Work with the team, you have a chance to be on a real team that can be great for a long long time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
This is acting like a whiny baby.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The 49ers took a chance on this guy when he was an alcoholic with a police record that had completely fallen out of the draft, they paid him more money than his performance had suggested at the time and really invested a ton of time and coaching into him.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Would really like to keep Boone, but do not wanna over pay for the guy. Hopefully we can give him a small bump in pay just not over pay for the guy after everything we have done for him here.

So, now Boone is what---an ungrateful SOB?
[ Edited by buck on Jun 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Last year, Boone played 99.9 % of the offensive snaps. And, he played 17.4 % of the special team snaps.

He played 1,070 snaps. I am pretty sure that Boone played more snaps than any other player on the team.

In 2012, Boone played 1090 snaps, which was fourth most on the team, and he played the second most snaps of the offensive players. on the team and fourth most on the team.

Anthony Davis played one more snap than Boone.

Boone played on 100% of the offensive snaps and on 19.30% of the special team snaps.

[ Edited by buck on Jun 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Bone played on 100% of the offensive snaps and on 19.30% of the special team snaps.

Bone's good, but he's a little skinny to play football...

I'm actually glad Boone is missing OTAs. He probably needs the least work of any player on the team, and the young guys will get more rep's with the first team. Boone will be more than ready for opening day.
Rather keep boone over iupati
Originally posted by Allx9er:

? can't be serious
Originally posted by wailers15:

? can't be serious

I would too. Iupati is one tough cookie but he's an issue occasionally in Pass Blocking and Boone can play Guard and Tackle.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by buck:
Bone played on 100% of the offensive snaps and on 19.30% of the special team snaps.

Bone's good, but he's a little skinny to play football...

Thanks. I edited my post; changed Bone to Boone.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 16, 2014 at 8:01 AM ]
I would absolutely keep Boone over Iupati in a heartbeat. Sign Boone up, let Iupati walk and get massively overpaid after this season, move Boone to LG and let Brandon Thomas slide into Boone's RG spot next season when he's healthy.

Not a foolproof plan obviously, but better than paying Iupati what he's probably going to get on the open market.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I would absolutely keep Boone over Iupati in a heartbeat. Sign Boone up, let Iupati walk and get massively overpaid after this season, move Boone to LG and let Brandon Thomas slide into Boone's RG spot next season when he's healthy.

Not a foolproof plan obviously, but better than paying Iupati what he's probably going to get on the open market.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by wailers15:

? can't be serious

I would too. Iupati is one tough cookie but he's an issue occasionally in Pass Blocking and Boone can play Guard and Tackle.

Same here, rather keep Boone as well.
Iupati is going to end up getting a contract twice the size of what Boone wants, don't want to keep him for that much.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Same here, rather keep Boone as well.
Iupati is going to end up getting a contract twice the size of what Boone wants

Not even close. People think that since Boone was originally an UDFA that he's not going to want a top-NFL-guard contract. That's not true. He won't want quite as much as Iupati would get (because Boone's not as good as Iupati), but Boone is still going to want massive money. Boone is one of the best guards in the NFC, and he's going to get paid like it in 2 years at the most.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jun 16, 2014 at 1:56 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Alex Boone issue about to take next step

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/7729/alex-boone-issue-about-to-take-next-step
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Atleast Boone isn't out infront of the media saying he will report or will not report or writing that it's about money for MMQB.
Share 49ersWebzone